Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

How to get an xB -

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:26 PM

Default How to get an xB -

Easy enough question .... if you live in the U.S. - I'm in Nova Scotia and am trying to find a dealership that will sell me a new 08 xB. So far every dealership that is within traveling distance (Maine, New Hampshire, etc) have told me that they will not sell new cars to Canadian buyers. I've read some success stories of Canadians purchasing new xB's in the states. Importing isn't the problem - it's finding somebody who will sell me one. (as if they don't want my money eh?) ^_^ There are some dealerships in Canada that sell them ...... in Ontario and west of there ....... in other words really far away from Nova Scotia...... and I'm not into paying any extra $5000 for an xB (seems like the 08 xB is about 25000 up here + tax.... no exactly the best bang for your buck!). Anybody got any insight on this - maybe a dealership in Maine, Vermont, or New Hampshire that will sell new cars to Canadians? Calling all scion owners from the North East ~Thanks~
Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 PM
SL Member
SL Member

I can ship one UPS to you if you like? jk. I know my buddy from Toronto went to Michigan and bought his and all is well with him. I am in TX, if you need anything let me know. Good road trip in the making. Good luck.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 PM

UPS eh... ^_^ Ha! Ship er on over! I think I'll skip the road trip from Texas. Google Maps says I can do if I drive for 40 hours straight ..... um ... yuck. Thanks for the offer though tanker. I wonder if a Scion dealership will sell me a car if I have a mailing address in the states (but not U.S. Citizenship) somehow I doubt it....
Old 08-14-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

didnt know it was that hard...
call and ask exactly whats needed to purchase a vehicle from them.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:24 PM

Yeah - they're right tight in the New England states - Maine, NH, Vermont, Mas. They all won't sell new cars. The people I've spoke with have all been really nice.... but they say its Toyota policy. I can't blame them for doing their job; I just need to find a way around it. So I'm doing a more research on the address thing and then hopping back on the phone. After all this back and forth it is only making the xB more desirable.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:56 PM

Progress..... the U.S. address may work. Maybe in a couple weeks I'll be posting on here as another new 2nd Gen xB owner. I'll keep you posted ^_^
Old 08-14-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck! You could always ask the dealer if they'd sell it to you if you paid in cash. Tell them you'd be happy to purchase a few accessories too. If they will work with you get a bank loan, and head on down!
Old 08-14-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep trying...its my fav car i've ever owned.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:29 PM

Just an update - no luck. Nobody will sell me one. I have a relative who lives in Lewiston Maine. Maybe I can work that angle......wish me luck.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:01 PM

Keep trying man.. once you get it, you will LOVE it. Even my father who is a 45-year union man and hardcore American car buyer said he loved my 08 xB (and thats HUGE for him to even admit to liking a Japanese car).

Too bad he still won't let my mother buy one LOL
Old 08-23-2007, 06:33 PM

Very strange they can't/won't sell you one. I would try the address thing or the relative too and then...oops, had to move to Canada. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Do a search. There are many posts about how Canadians brought in xB1's through dealers. There are complete descriptions of what they had to do. Good luck.........
Old 08-23-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

OK--try this one:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=canada+import
Old 08-24-2007, 01:39 PM

Yup, thanks for that OldYeller. But I already gave that a good go over. Anyone there that actually ended up getting a 'new' scion into Canada both lives in British Columbia and found a U.S. dealer on the west coast that is willing to sell to Canadian buyers (something I've had no luck with in Maine, NH, VT, or MA). Or they bought it in Ontario from a dealer who already imported it and they paid a premium for it because they are a rarity up here. (So dealers sell them for around 25 000 plus tax).

What I've been struggling with is getting the registration / title in my name from any Toyota dealership in the U.S. for a new Toyota/Scion. Bringing it across the border and into Canada is easy if you plan it correctly.

Going used is the way to do it. If I could find one used.... There aren't many (any?) used 2008 xB's (especially within a 10 - 15 hour drive of me).

Maine - used 2008 scion xB - no
New Hampshire - used 2008 scion xB - no
Massachusetts - used 2008 scion xB - no
Vermont- - used 2008 scion xB - no
Quebec - used 2008 scion xB - no
New Brunswick - used 2008 scion xB - no
Nova Scotia - used 2008 scion xB - no

Hey.... I'm not giving up - I'm going to get one (even though I'm a little scared of the clutch? sounds like it's as deep as a VW clutch? My 99 corolla clutch is kinda high, but engages pretty close to the floor....) anyway - I can learn how to drive a different clutch. The rest of the package is way to sweet to pass up - I will own a 08 xB! ^_^