Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

I didnt think it would be this hard to choose a color help..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I traded in a 2006 black sand xa for my white 08 xb.... I'd stay away from black, within 3 months the paint was swirled
Old 09-19-2007, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Blackberry Crush is really nice, but you need to see it in person to know if you'd like it or not. I was going to get Hypnotic Teal but saw the Blackberry Crush at the dealer and loved it. But it's a pain to describe to someone what the color is when they ask what color your car is lol. Sometimes it looks rootbeerish, sometimes it looks really maroon, sometimes it's purplish, and sometimes it almost looks black.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:50 PM

This is my issue as well! I've had black/dark colored cars in the past and SWORE up and down that I would NEVER have a black/dark car again. I'm trying to decide between the Blackberry Crush and Super White. I think I'm going to end up going with the white.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a really hard time deciding on color before I went with HTM. Seeing it in person sealed the deal for me. I actually like every color the xB comes in. It was a process of elmination for me. I didn't go with BSP or NBM because they lose the effect of the blacked-out A-pillar that creates the wraparound visor look to the windows/windshield I like so much. I didn't go with Classic Silver because it's the #1 most common car color and I would like to stand out from the crowd a bit. I didn't go with Blackberry Crush because while I like it when it looks maroon or purplish I don't like it when it tends to look somewhat chocolate brown. Super White was the runner up for me. For some reason the xB looks really good in White. It stands out and looks really clean and complements different colored wheels, vinyl, graphics, etc. and really accentuates the visor glass effect due to the massive contrast with the black. I went with HTM because it is REALLY different, everyone seems to love it or hate it, much like the xB itself The wraparound glass effect really stands out on it and different colored rims seems to work well on it. Like Blackberry Crush it changes color depending on light conditions from more blue to more gray. In the sunlight you can see the tiny mica particles in it somewhat like the metal flakes in the metallic finishes only much smaller.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:40 AM

I bought my 08 xB 4 nights ago. I went to the dealer thinking I'd go with black but then I saw it... a super white xB! It was just love. I didn't even consider the white until I saw it. It was perfect and had everything I wanted, so I just had to take it home. Plus it wasn't even on the lot for a day the dealer said and still was wrapped in plastic.

I have had black, white and silver cars in the past and the white was my favorite. Black looks great if you are willing to put the time in keeping it clean. I know I'm not so I'm glad I ended up going with white.