Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

I have a concern....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Everyone thinks the 200X Toyota Celica is a small car... well it is longer than the new 2008 xB!

200X Celica:

length (inches): 170.5
width (inches): 68.3
height (inches): 51.4
wheelbase (inches): 102.4

2008 xB:

length (inches): 167.3
width (inches): 69.3
height (inches): 62.6
Old 02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by xbtalk
Everyone thinks the 200X Toyota Celica is a small car... well it is longer than the new 2008 xB!

200X Celica:

2008 xB:

oh man facts? Tomas will just ignore those and go on with ramblings about the xB2 just being a tC station wagon blah blah...

reminds me of a man in power in the white house...

FACTS who needs those?

-wC
Old 02-14-2007, 06:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tell ya what, WheelSee, attack the information instead of the person and we'll ALL be a lot happier, OK?

Sedans and vans have always had a disparity in perception of size. For example, the old VW beetle and the VW bus were the same length, but people always felt the bus was longer because of its shape.

Since the Celica and newgen xB both have a 102.4 inch wheelbase, does that mean the xB is really a Celica station wagon? :D

Yes, the original xB was shorter than all of it's competition in the US by a fair margin (and 15 inches shorter than the Celica), which is a reason it was in a class of one.

The nextgen xB is right up there with the PT and HHR, and now going head-to-head with them in body and engine size, but with a newer design, nicer body style, lower price, and Toyota quality. As I've said repeatedly, the xB2 should sell extremely well.

(The xB2 isn't competing with the Celica, it is a sub-compact van/station wagon competing with other vehicles the same size and shape, and it looks a lot like a bunch of larger vans and SUVs, just smaller.)

Tom
Old 02-14-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Tomas
Tell ya what, WheelSee, attack the information instead of the person and we'll ALL be a lot happier, OK?

Sedans and vans have always had a disparity in perception of size. For example, the old VW beetle and the VW bus were the same length, but people always felt the bus was longer because of its shape.

Since the Celica and newgen xB both have a 102.4 inch wheelbase, dhttps://www.scionlife.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=2309525
ScionLife Post a replyoes that mean the xB is really a Celica station wagon? :D

Yes, the original xB was shorter than all of it's competition in the US by a fair margin (and 15 inches shorter than the Celica), which is a reason it was in a class of one.

The nextgen xB is right up there with the PT and HHR, and now going head-to-head with them in body and engine size, but with a newer design, nicer body style, lower price, and Toyota quality. As I've said repeatedly, the xB2 should sell extremely well.

(The xB2 isn't competing with the Celica, it is a sub-compact van/station wagon competing with other vehicles the same size and shape, and it looks a lot like a bunch of larger vans and SUVs, just smaller.)

Tom
Tomas,

I never attacked you...I just said you were not accepting of the information that has been given...

the picture you linked to is inaccurate as the chevy venture is 6 inches taller and 19 inches longer there ya go I attacked the facts!

-wC
Old 02-14-2007, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WheelSee

Since the Celica and newgen xB both have a 102.4 inch wheelbase, dhttps://www.scionlife.com/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&p=2309525
ScionLife Post a replyoes that mean the xB is really a Celica station wagon? :D

Tom
Tomas,

I never attacked you...I just said you were not accepting of the information that has been given...

the picture you linked to is inaccurate as the chevy venture is 6 inches taller and 19 inches longer there ya go I attacked the facts!

-wC

Not that Tomas needs defending, but you're bugging me because he is probably the fairest and "thinkingest" person here.

This looks like a personal attack to me.
Originally Posted by WheelSee
Originally Posted by xbtalk

200X Celica:

2008 xB:

oh man facts? Tomas will just ignore those and go on with ramblings about the xB2 just being a tC station wagon blah blah...

reminds me of a man in power in the white house...

FACTS who needs those?

-wC
and he was comparing shape, not size. read his post again, especially the last 2 words
Old 02-14-2007, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can understand if it didn't look at all the like the 1st gen bB and xB but the car still looks like a box only slighty larger. its like asking toyota not to name the 07 camry a camry because it looks nothing like the previous. if you want to talk loyal how about avalon and camry buyers who has a bigger return rate than any other owner. we might as well not call the avalon an avalon cause it looks nothing like the 1st and 2nd gen.

now if they named the xD an xB i'd have issues but the B2 still looks like a box.
Old 02-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Banned
SL Member

^^^ is this even a point to make any longer. You can lead a horse to water ....

I think we all know who hates the new B .. those who kinda like it and those like myself that cant wait to get my hands on it.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by CBSIMONSEZ
^^^ is this even a point to make any longer. You can lead a horse to water ....

I think we all know who hates the new B .. those who kinda like it and those like myself that cant wait to get my hands on it.
I agree I don't care that people have opinions but when people go onto threads and post the same thing over and over again and link to other threads that say the same thing over and over again it gets annoying!

-wC
Old 02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
SL Member

wow, i never realized the new xb was so close to the pt cruiser
that sucks so bad
and its crazy freaking heavy. its going to cost a lot more with the 2.4 and get crappy mileage

but really, the forums will just have a 2nd gen xb thing thats totally seperate
Old 02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by dudehitt
and he was comparing shape, not size. read his post again, especially the last 2 words
really?

Tom
-wC
Old 02-15-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Break it into two sentences.

1. ... it is a sub-compact van/station wagon competing with other vehicles the same size and shape.

2. it looks a lot like a bunch of larger vans and SUVs, just smaller
Old 02-15-2007, 02:58 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by steedums
that sucks so bad
and its crazy freaking heavy. its going to cost a lot more with the 2.4 and get crappy mileage

First of all, ladies stop bickering.

and in response to the quote. Define "cost alot more". I can tell you right now that the xB2 will cost less than 16K in a 5spd. Its funny how classic box owners will call anything bigger "crazy freaking heavy" and anything with less mpg "crappy mileage". The truth is the original box was perfect for Japan. They are small and lightweight like the people. They also didn't need big engines to get around the city streets. This is America. People are bigger, taller and so are the cars. The cars are a reflection of the people.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Sciontologist
Originally Posted by steedums
that sucks so bad

First of all, ladies stop bickering.

and in response to the quote. Define "cost alot more". I can tell you right now that the xB2 will cost less than 16K in a 5spd. Its funny how classic box owners will call anything bigger "crazy freaking heavy" and anything with less mpg "crappy mileage". The truth is the original box was perfect for Japan. They are small and lightweight like the people. They also didn't need big engines to get around the city streets. This is America. People are bigger, taller and so are the cars. The cars are a reflection of the people.
but tiny little asian cars are so cool and different. I guess if the Scion plan is to sell a lot of cars they did OK with their changes, but I thought the idea was to sell cars with relatively small production runs. They probably could have sold a lot more than the XX,000 xB's if they would have made them.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:57 PM
Banned
SL Member

Umm lets not forget that in our land Big Is King! Try matching up a true Asian car againt lets say .. a H2. Hows about a new Tahoe that wieghs close to 2 tons. Dont even get me started on the Big Rig and the Trialers that we use here in the states. Micro cars dont stand a chance ... but they are cute.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by The_Sciontologist
... This is America. People are bigger...
That's a whole other story right there...

Sad but true. As Americans keep supersizing their fries, Scion has no choice but to "Americanize" their small cars.

-THE DON
Old 02-15-2007, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I don't know my fat a$$ fits in the xb just fine.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dugzillaxb
I don't know my fat a$$ fits in the xb just fine.

-THE DON
Old 02-16-2007, 12:48 PM
SL Member

If us Americans could be more like Kobayashi and eat pounds of food at a time and then poop it all out, we too could be small like the japanese and be able to drive tiny microcars. Unfortunately we live in a world where "super-size" and dollar-menu" are household names. Now you can get 6 mcnuggets for $1 instead of 4. When will the madness end??
Old 02-16-2007, 01:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New xb

It is true the new Xb is longer and wider, however it is also true the height is less, I hope there is NOT less head room!

xB 64.6
xB2 63

This is truly one of the things I like about my 1st Gen B.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Banned
SL Member

Those who have seen the car and actually sat in it go along with what is in print, that the seat brackets do not sit as high as the first gen. Theres your inch and a half.