Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

I have a concern....

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I like the way the seats in my xb sit. I just don't care for the new xb's exterior, I do like some of the interior. The seats don't look as comfortable.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I am not trying to "hate" on anyone, but I am trying to find a way to seperate my xB from the new models that will be emerging. I would really like to get an emlem that reads "Classic" and place it under my xB emblem on my rear hatch. I haven't found one that I thought was nice enough, but I do have someone in mind to contact to try to get this done. I welcome anyone who buys a 2008+ xB, but I will not be purchasing one.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:20 PM
SL Member

Default Re: New xb

Originally Posted by XbbbbBox
It is true the new Xb is longer and wider, however it is also true the height is less, I hope there is NOT less head room!

xB 64.6
xB2 63

This is truly one of the things I like about my 1st Gen B.
I doubt there would be less headroom. They probably dropped the seats a bit to compensate. They wanted to give more of a lounge like seating position as opposed to the upright seating of the classic box. I think it will be much more comfortable.
Old 02-16-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsa3mm
I would really like to get an emlem that reads "Classic" and place it under my xB emblem on my rear hatch. I do have someone in mind to contact to try to get this done.
Yes, I am quoting myself. Just to let everyone know I have contacted the person I had in mind, EZ-BAKED, and he is all for it. He is going to be working on the design.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xBeast, there's a guy already looking into design and manufacture of a "Classic" emblem for our boxes! Take a look here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...295740#2295740

I think he has the right idea, and hope there is enough interest to keep it going.

Tom
Old 02-16-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I like it, but why red?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I'd like something more like "xB, there's only one" but not in a Jeep way. LOL Or an emblem that says ORIGINAL xB maybe?
Old 02-19-2007, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
xBeast, there's a guy already looking into design and manufacture of a "Classic" emblem for our boxes! Take a look here:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...295740#2295740

I think he has the right idea, and hope there is enough interest to keep it going.

Tom
damn that looks like, whoda thought one comment would take off
Old 02-20-2007, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The new camera looks different compared to last years model and yet the name has not changed. Look at every car that has evolved with the same name?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Djbombsquad
The new camera looks different compared to last years model and yet the name has not changed. Look at every car that has evolved with the same name?
That's true but doesn't apply to the xB because Scion said from the beginning that all the models were gonna run for 3 years then be replaced with something completely different including the names. So what happened to that??? Guess they lied to us?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: I have a concern....

Originally Posted by Bsbox
With the intro of these new scion models this site may never be the same. I still want Toyota to drop the idea of calling the new "xB" an xB. There is already an xB and there will never be another. Yes i know we call the US version of the bB and xB but at least the 1st gen xB maintained that classic body style. This new car called an xB is i'm sure a sweet car but as far as i'm concerned calling it an xB is as bad as calling it a bB. The new bB looks nothing like the old gens either but it also doesn't look like the new xB. If we are to have a new xB it should look like the new bB. I believe that this fiasco goes against what we are doing here at scionlife. This is just an oppinion of course but i have to ask....how is this going to change the look and funtion of scionlife? It's hard enough trying to explain the difference between 1st and 2nd gen bBs and between bBs and xBs. If they would've just called it something else (xE, xF, xG, sEx) anything but xB i wouldn't be going on this rant. How shallow and fickle does Toyota think we are. Just because some people had issues with our xBs doesn't mean they have to reinvent the wheel and call it a box. Do you get me? Scionlife should not change because we are the enthusiasts not the idiot executive who decided to name this new car an xB. That person has no idea the loyalty some of us have to this car. Make fun of me if you want but then ask yourself "why am i driving an xB in the first place?" I bought one because it was something completely different from the mainstream American mindset. Now Toyota wants to throw that whole concept out and appeal to everyone who insulted your xB. I'm just one guy and i don't know how to make Toyota understand or alot of you most likely but i don't want this new car too be called an xB if for nothing else but the integrity of this community.
If they did change the name for all new models, there would not be 1st 2nd or 3rd gen rx-7's. which were all rx-7's and all badass in their own right. same with corrolas, camaros, almost every car now is renamed with new body and engine style.

its just car evolution, just like neanderthals are still humanoids, we are humanoids too.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
That's true but doesn't apply to the xB because Scion said from the beginning that all the models were gonna run for 3 years then be replaced with something completely different including the names.
I've heard this repeated a lot, and I'm wondering if anyone can point to a source where this was officially published, as in a Scion press release or something. Because the more I think about it, the more I have trouble imagining any company actually officially committing itself to such a relatively trivial point.

R
Old 02-20-2007, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I know there was but don't remember exactly where they wrote/said it. Maybe Thomas could help us with this one. I'm gonna PM him.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nothing about changing the name...

Originally Posted by FastCompany.com
The Scion team also wrangled a promise that they would get all-new vehicles every four years -- not just cars with subtle changes as annual upgrades.
http://www.fastcompany.com/online/72/smartcompany.html

-wC