SL Member

awesome pics!! can't wait to see more mods
Old 10-26-2009, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dodaddy
awesome pics!! can't wait to see more mods
Thanks Stephen. Hopefully, by the next M&G I'll have the Forjworks eyelids and Five Axis lip kit installed and my custom made subwoofer box built. Perhaps the Tsudo Fireball dual exhaust - if it's available by then.

That will pretty much max out my $3600 cash-for-clunkers rebate budget. Although I spoke with my dealer last week and I may be getting an additional $200 - $250 for the salvage value of my clunker. If that comes through I may get the TRD rear sway bar to match the front strut brace. I also still have a few low dollar mods to do (painting the rear emblem, engine cover and header heat shield). That's pretty much it - at least for the immediate future.

It will never come close to the mods you have on your tC. But, it's my daily driver, second family car and I have three kids that want to go to college. So, I have to set some practical limits. I'm just having fun making it my own.

PDX_xB
Old 10-26-2009, 05:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great plans carey! Definitely understandable, spending money on the car seems endless lol. I realized now that I need to slow down, and start setting priorities aside from my car. What did you trade in for cash for clunkers?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We traded in our 96 Dodge Grand Caravan. We bought a new Kia Sedona minivan back in March. We got a great deal on the new van, but they would only give us $500 for the old van in trade in. I figured I could get $1500 - $2000 for it if I sold it myself. So, we decided to keep it to use as a second family car over the summer with the plan to sell it this fall. Then the cash-for-clukers program came out and it was too good a deal to pass up. So, we got $3600 in trade for the same van we were offered $500 for five months earlier.

PDX_xB
Old 10-26-2009, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PDX_xB
I've averaged less than 9K per year over the last 11 years on my daily driver. That went down to about 6K last year when my daily commute when from 9 miles (each way) to 3.5 miles.

Still, I didn't buy the Kosei rims for the two valve feature or to run nitrogen in my tires. I bought them because they are ultra lightweight, affordable and I like the way they look. If my local Costco will fill them with nitrogen for free, or a couple bucks a tire, I may get them filled. Either way, no big deal.
PDX_xB
I hear ya, and agree with ya.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i like that shade red, it makes the second gen look really nice
Old 11-05-2009, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Stephen. Hopefully, by the next M&G I'll have the Forjworks eyelids and Five Axis lip kit installed and my custom made subwoofer box built. Perhaps the Tsudo Fireball dual exhaust - if it's available by then.

That will pretty much max out my $3600 cash-for-clunkers rebate budget. Although I spoke with my dealer last week and I may be getting an additional $200 - $250 for the salvage value of my clunker. If that comes through I may get the TRD rear sway bar to match the front strut brace. I also still have a few low dollar mods to do (painting the rear emblem, engine cover and header heat shield). That's pretty much it - at least for the immediate future.
A check for $150 arrived in the mail from my dealer yesterday for additional salvage value of our 96 Grand Caravan. That brings my cash for clunkers budget up to $3750. That covers all my current, in process and planned mods (including painting and installing the Five Axis kit, the Tsudo Fireball dual exhaust and my low dollar, home made subwoofer box and amp) and leaves me with a little left over. So, I ordered a HID kit from HIDextra for $60 and have a little over $120 left for miscellaneous mods - or to put toward a TRD rear sway bar.

Actually, I'm hoping there will be a special introductory price on the Tsudo Fireball exhaust that will leave me with enough to buy the TRD sway bar.

In any case, I've now added the HID kit to my list of upcoming mods.

PDX_xB
Old 12-13-2009, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, here's a few more current photos of my Red Box. Mods since I last posted:

Personalized plates finally arrived:

Name:  RED_BOX.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  103.0 KB

Painted Engine Cover:

Name:  Painted_Engine_Cover.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  116.2 KB

Pealed A-Pillars, Forjworks Eyelids, Five Axis Lip Kit:

Name:  RED_BOX_Front_Right.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  132.0 KB

Name:  RED_BOX_Front.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  132.8 KB

Name:  RED_BOX_Rear.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  126.1 KB

Name:  RED_BOX_Girl.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  139.4 KB

The last five photos were taken at the PDXmas09 charity toy drive indoor car show last Sunday.

A couple other mods not shown in the photos:

Redline Gear red/black leather shift boot
HIDExtra 5000K HID conversion kit

PDX_xB

Last edited by PDX_xB; 12-13-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xB is looking good!!!! CLEAN!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by scion71tc
xB is looking good!!!! CLEAN!!!!
Thanks! I'm kind of going for my own look. It's not tuner and it's definitely not VIP. I call it stock++. I want everything on my car to look like to could be stock, factory installed - only better. If that makes sense.

PDX_xB
Old 12-13-2009, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks! I'm kind of going for my own look. It's not tuner and it's definitely not VIP. I call it stock++. I want everything on my car to look like to could be stock, factory installed - only better. If that makes sense.

PDX_xB
That's exactly the look I like too, I love lip kits over body kits and your car is definitely coming along fast!! I'm a big fan of the Red box!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
That's just a highway robbery profit center for them. Pure nitrogen is basically useless for a daily driver street car. It shouldn't cost more than about $10 per tire either.
We only charge $29.95 to fill all 5 tires for the life of the tires. If they are low or need to be patched, we refill for free. The dealerships here charge $49.95 to fill 4, then $10+ to top off or refill per tire.

As for your RS.. I went back & forth on mine as to silver or black wheels. I went with black. I like both now. Looks good. But don't they all?
Old 12-13-2009, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW!!! Your xB is hot!! I'm not a huge fan of the xB's but yours takes the cake! I love the red, the wheels, lowering springs, lip kit, eye lids, everything looks so clean and proper! Nice job. Keep up the good work. I will certainly be watching for more upgrades!! GL
Old 12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn, I'm jealous. I'm officially saving for a 5axis lip kit now.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dodaddy
That's exactly the look I like too, I love lip kits over body kits and your car is definitely coming along fast!! I'm a big fan of the Red box!
Thanks Stephen. I'm happy with the way everything has tuned out so far, but I think my daughter likes your TC better. She couldn't wait to see it and meet you are PDXmas09. She has great taste in cars and has given me a lot of advice on my Red Box mods.

PDX_xB
Old 12-14-2009, 06:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RC-PILOT
We only charge $29.95 to fill all 5 tires for the life of the tires. If they are low or need to be patched, we refill for free. The dealerships here charge $49.95 to fill 4, then $10+ to top off or refill per tire.

As for your RS.. I went back & forth on mine as to silver or black wheels. I went with black. I like both now. Looks good. But don't they all?
Hey, how about boxing up some of that cheap nitrogen and sending it out here to the Pacific NW?

Yeah, I looked at a LOT of wheels before picking the Koseis I also liked the Konig Zero In wheels at they combine silver and black with a red stripe - very similar to your Bumps, but with polished faces on the spokes. I'd still like to see a set on an RS6.0.

PDX_xB

Last edited by PDX_xB; 12-14-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kyledye25
WOW!!! Your xB is hot!! I'm not a huge fan of the xB's but yours takes the cake! I love the red, the wheels, lowering springs, lip kit, eye lids, everything looks so clean and proper! Nice job. Keep up the good work. I will certainly be watching for more upgrades!! GL
Thanks. I've done most of the things I want to do. I still plan to add a dual exhaust, finish my subwoofer box and maybe add a TRD rear sway bar. That would pretty much exhaust my cash for clunkers mod budget and keep me happy for quite a while. Once you start modding, it's hard to stop. That's why I set a firm budget when I started.

PDX_xB

Last edited by PDX_xB; 12-14-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xtylerx
Damn, I'm jealous. I'm officially saving for a 5axis lip kit now.
It wasn't in my original budget, but I got such a good deal - on both the lip kit and the paint and install, I couldn't say no. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. The weather has turned crappy, but I'd love to get some better pics of the sides of the car (there wasn't enough room at the show to get a good full-on side view).

The Five Axis kit is so subtle, it's hard to capture just how much it improves the looks of the car in photos. In person it definitely gives the car a more aggresive look - makes it look lower and meaner. When I first looked at the Five Axis brochures, I wasn't sure the kit was worth the money. Now that it's on the car - I'm sure.

PDX_xB

Last edited by PDX_xB; 12-14-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

What is the name of the lip kit i have been looking for that one.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, how about boxing up some of that cheap nitrogen and sending it out here to the Pacific NW?

PDX_xB
Here is a great idea for a club or small group.... go to the welding supply store and get a 2500 cubic foot tank full for about $20 - $30 bucks and hook a regulator to it. Hose to tire filling tool and your good for about 6 to 7 maybe 8 XB's. Split the cost and it's almost free!

Quick Reply: Intro and Pics of my new 2009 xB RS6.0