Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

It's not THAT little....Waxing the new xB

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Balderas78
How long did it take you? I wanted to do mine today but it's raining here in Dallas.
Last time i clayed, paint cleaned, polished and waxed it took me a total of 2 days 7 (edit... I can't count) hours total. it was a nightmare, and the paint cleaner didn't really remove any swirl marks. The wife is buying me the cyclo polisher for Christmas/Hanukkah... It's gonna cut my time in half..

Last edited by Darrenohooligan; 10-24-2010 at 03:15 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:55 PM
sp2
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

look into the porter cable too
works great
http://www.chemicalguys.com/category_s/119.htm
Old 10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How often do you guys wax?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It used to take me forever to wax my xB2 and waxing the roof felt like a hassle. Now, I guess I've learned the ways of waxing the xB2 and it doesn't take as much time as it used too and the roof doesn't feel like another obstacle anymore. Takes me about a full hour and half including the wash and dry and wax dry time.

Originally Posted by xtylerx
How often do you guys wax?
I do it every two to three weeks or until the water starts beading poorly or when my microfiber towels begin to slowly wipe over the paint. I claybar first.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well it might have taken an hour at the most to clay bar it. the waxing took less. i always bring a microfiber towel with me to the car wash and get it wet and try to get all the stuff that the brush doesn't get off. so i washed the car then came home and used a wet towel to get more of that crap off that the oak trees dropped on it. then after it was clean i clay barred it. it actually goes pretty fast and it is impossible to mess it up. you just spray and rub with the bar, then towel off the left over juice. it cleans the surface nicely. just try to get as much off as you can before you clay bar.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wax every six months, we live in texas where the sun and trees will take a toll on your paint. it is really easy to wax a vehicle all you do is get one of those electric random osolating buffers. buy a microfiber cover for it and soak it in water. then put it on the buffer after you ring out all the water. then just get a carnuba wax and put it all over your car and it it with the buffer. the wet pad will make it easier. never do it in the sun or if it is real hot. let it dry and buff it off by hand with a bath towel or a beach towel. it buffs out real easy after the buffer because it puts a real thin layer.

oh and another thing. you want to be careful with polishes. because they are an abrasive. i only polish my vehicle every few years and only by hand. a polish takes off a thin layer of your clear coat and makes it very shiny and takes off all the swirl marks. so i always wax on wax off by hand with a polish. if you take a buffer and go all crazy with polish you can mess up your paint and it isn't worth the risk in my humble opinion.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:36 PM
SL Member

I feel you on that its not so little. I clayed,polished and then waxed mine. Took a little over 6 hrs. to do.

Well worth it in the end though. Paint looks better then it did from the dealer.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

washed the box saturday morning took about 3 hours for a wash and just a wax, i have polish but i didnt think it needed it. No moolah for a clay bar and we only had it for 6 months soo just wash and wax. Used Meguiars Gold Class wash and conditioner, and just the cleaner wax and omg i fell in love with the color of our xb! elusive blue metallic, idk why but i didnt like it as much before... ill try and get pics up tomorrow...
Old 10-28-2010, 10:35 PM
SL Member

get yourself a porter cable

i use it to lay on my polishes/sealents/waxes and i strictly use menzerma polishes and sealents

http://www.detailersdomain.com/theub...erbasekit.aspx
Old 10-30-2010, 02:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Poorboys World Nattys Blue Paste Wax is my fav wax off all time! easy on & off, great shine, good lasting protection & its priced decently. like $20 for 8oz. all those make it my fav! ivee used waxes like Pinnacle Souveran Paste & Migliore Original that give a deeper, richer shine & lasts longer, but with Pinnacle at $90 & Migliore at $50, it seriously shrinks my wallet...