Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

My xB has been hit by uninsured driver (California)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:26 PM
SL Member

Police do not come out to an accident here in LA unless someone bleeds, dies or you're blocking traffic. She admited fault to my insurance, I'll get the admissions from them. Getting her back today- but it really sucked driving a Ford Focus over the holiday weekend.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My old insurance agent told me to tell the Police that my wrist hurt really bad in order to get them to come out.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

File a police report immediately and take her to small claims court. If she didn;t offer to make it right immediately, you've got problems. Show no mercy to uninsured drivers, they don't deserve any sympathy for what they are doing to al of us!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The little old lady with no insurane totalled my XB1! Good thing she was not a guy!!
Old 09-15-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My insurance agent MADE me take un/under insured on my policy. BTW, I'm with AmFam. So if this sheeyite happens, kuna matada, it's rental car thrash time.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I know how bad it sucks to be hit by a uninsurred driver, only mine was totaled and she was drunk so be gratefull it could have been worse.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: My xB has been hit by uninsured driver (California)

Originally Posted by JoanMarshall
On sunday a woman hit the back of my xb while I was at a stop sign. Turns out she hasnt had insurance for a while. Any advice is approciated. I know where she lives, have her DL #, got pics of the damage to my car and hers (not together though) she admitted what happened to her and my insurance. My insurance determined she is 100% at fault. The damage comes to under $500 which is what my deductible is. My car is almost fixed. (Thanks Sierra Paint and Body)

My thoughts are to
1. write her a letter demanding my expenses ($400 ish for repairs and $30 rental car not covered by the measly $20 a day rental reimbursement through my insurance)
Give her 1 week to pay up,
2.if she does not pay up, take her to small claims and file a report of traffic accident that will get her license suspended.

Should I wait to file the report to use it as a threat to pay me a give her the chance to come through or shall I file the report immediately??

Any advice is appreciated.

How can she admit to her insurance if she doesnt have insurance?
I would say that you should ask her to pay for the damages and tell her that if she doesnt, then you would report it to the police and she would have to go to court and pay fines etc.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 PM
SL Member

Apparently (still under review by Farmers) the car is insured but she is not a driver on the policy... STILL waiting to hear back on the whole scoop. Progressive was so helpful and QUICK but dealing with Farmers has been such a huge pain in the ___ that I will NEVER go with them.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I got hit as well last week, the car was at a graphics shop getting some vinyl put on (no design, just blacking out the sills since the car went two-tone). They don't have a garage so it was parked on the city street, woman parked behind me taps it and leaves some scrapes with her license plate mounting screws. She gave her insurance and contact info to the business, was driving a Pontiac Solstice so I'm pretty sure she wasn't broke.

Touch up paint covered it up, is not noticable with the other modificationd done on the rear bumper. I thought about taking it to a shop to have the unevenness of the scratch smoothed out, but it didn't seem worth it to ahve to lose my vehicle for a few days and then deal with insurance. After I made the decision, I then found out the lady who hit me also had cancer and was undergoing kemo at the time, so that kind of reinforced it. I just hope she stops driving and has someone else to take her while getting treated or it could be unsafe for her to drive even.