Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Need a change; need to remodel the outside

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need a change; need to remodel the outside

17" Sportmax rims which look chromish in the sun but gunmetal at night with 215-45-17 hankook ventus tires a from grill from dealerpreps that I bought a while back and a set of smoked tails.

What I am trying to do it determine how it would look if I decided to paint it all black. Basically I guess I would get it powdercoated glossy black or would there be a certain code I would need? I have a bsp and Im not sure if I want that metallic flake thing in it. Basically I wanna smoke out anything and everything. The grill and the rims and the tails pitch black but Im not sure if it would look good or if its overkill

See when I get bored with my car I do stupid things such as I went to best buy after having my 15 inch flipdwon for a week and bought a 32 inch tv and threw it in the back of my first gen. With my second gen as soon as I got it threw all of that in the back. Then I sold the tv then got jl subs. Sold that and now and contemplateing ripping out the rear seats to install some sort of mechanism where it would hold a huge tv then slide on a roller out of my car and viola 50inch tv. Like I said bad things happen when I get bored

So after all this babbling and ranting what I would like is for someone to post up some pics if they have an all blacked out xB prefably second gen because thats what I have and I already did it with the last one and I liked it.

Also does anyone know of a 17" rim that come glossy black and isn't heavy. I usually go to edge racing and am looking at sportmax/xxr rims

my current rim is
Xxr 502 (hyper Black Sr)
ET: 40
Weight: 20.5lbs.

and these are what I was looking at
sorry i don't know how to post up the pics

Xxr 503
Weight: 18.5lbs.
$119

Xxr 510 (gloss Black Pf)
$119

Xxr 009 (gloss Black Sr)
$139
Old 05-08-2008, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't mean to question your taste, but it sounds like you're heading down the wrong path. If you black out everything, in the end, it might turn out really tacky. If you want to black out the car, then just go with an even and dark tint all around the car, some "time attack-style" rims that are matte black (NOT gloss black), and some lowering springs.

Just my 2 cents that aren't even worth 2 pennies.... and Good Luck bro...
Old 05-08-2008, 10:58 PM
SL Member

MURDER!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:01 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

matte black rims FTW!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 06:43 AM
SL Member

I am blacking out the exterior except for the coilovers and sway bar