Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Pure Pricing still leves room for haggling

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Toyota seems to have some good ideas about changing the way things are done in the dealerships, but without the public knowing about them in detail, it is difficult to differentiate them from the others. The public just doesn't know or understand the changes Toyota Motor Sales is trying to make. The most visible is the Scion 'Pure Price' and how reachable Scion is to their customers. Kudos! :D

Then again, when one's dealer sells Mercedes-Benz, Audi, Porsche, Volkswagen, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Hyundai, Toyota, and Scion, like my most recent, they probably make as much selling one of their high-end cars as they do all year selling Scions, so it is difficult to get them excited about selling Scions, or involved with the community, etc....

There are good dealerships, and there are excellent sales people. Thing is, over the years, there have been enough of the others to taint the entire business. Sadly, there are very few dealerships or sales folks that I would trust absolutely. (Would you believe only four sales types in buying 29 cars over 43 years of buying cars? That's not good odds.)

Even of the two Scion dealerships I have bought Scions from, I liked both salesmen, and liked both dealerships, but the first dealership damaged one of my Scions, then covered it up, which let the damage get worse and worse until it was accidentally found it 6 months later (therefore the reason the second Scion was not from them).

I'm happy to hear that Toyota recognizes and is trying to clear up some of the problems in the marketplace, and I wish them luck.

Tom