Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Scion Backstage let me down (pics at the end)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:14 PM
SL Member

I prefer to buy from the ones that know the ins and outs of the product they are selling and assume I'm an intelligent person with choices to make. It's one thing to be positive and enthusiastic about the product they are selling but it drives me away when I ask them a question and they come up with 10 answers to questions I never asked.

I don't think it's right for a salesman to be called a guru when they don't even know the basic features of the product. The 'guru' telling me that the xd seats recline flat and the xb doesn't is like a "lead engineer" telling someone that the xd runs on a 2.4 liter engine and the xb runs on a 1.8 liter engine. I would hope that person is not the lead engineer.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:26 PM
SL Member

I think they give you a book with lots of info and pics of the 2008 models. I somehow missed the books but my dealer is mailing it to me... Should get it tonight..

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
the usual items i've seen so far are a bag full of goodies which include pens, a non-slip mat thingy, cupholder coasters (hmmm.. wierd but cool), another keychain i think uhm.. and an air freshner.. that's all i can remember.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:07 PM

Dude get over yourself and get a life!
I went to one of those Scion things, and I thought that it was fun and informative. I don't think the guys working there are sales people anyway...I was told no one was there to sell me anything! I appreiciated that.
As for your questions...I happen to be an engineering student. We don't bother talking to guys like you, we refer you to the PR people!

I believe you make an event good or bad by the attitude you walk in the door with.
I happen to like what I heard and saw and my car was not the one that walked away with all the awards, but I like my car and myself! Too bad you don't!

Anyway , I think those seats fold down flat. What don't you have a home, so you want to sleep in your car? Do you care at all about the power or handling of the car you drive? You do know how to drive right???

Come to think of it, were you at the event when the guy plowed over all the cones because he ran out of talent! Yes, that sounds like you!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by todasiracing
I went to one of those Scion things, and I thought that it was fun and informative. I don't think the guys working there are sales people anyway...I was told no one was there to sell me anything! I appreiciated that.
As for your questions...I happen to be an engineering student. We don't bother talking to guys like you, we refer you to the PR people!

I believe you make an event good or bad by the attitude you walk in the door with.
I happen to like what I heard and saw and my car was not the one that walked away with all the awards, but I like my car and myself! Too bad you don't!

Anyway , I think those seats fold down flat. What don't you have a home, so you want to sleep in your car? Do you care at all about the power or handling of the car you drive? You do know how to drive right???

Come to think of it, were you at the event when the guy plowed over all the cones because he ran out of talent! Yes, that sounds like you!
Wow...who ____ed in your wheaties?
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM

Well, he did, he never has anything good to say about the event. He's just a basher and I love Scion! I went to the same event and no one tried to sell me anything, everyone one knew there stuff, I think rishio is full of BS and should stop. The presenter didn't seem to be giving a "canned" presentation, the "guru" answered the tech questions I asked, the salespeople that were there were pleasant and didn't bother anyone. The cars looked great, and every one of them had a "prototype" sticker on them, so I didn't expect them to be completely representative of a stock xB. The new xB handles awesome, and I was able to drive it on a course.

Was anyone else in San Diego?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:07 PM
SL Member

The Backstage event was awesome. The presenter was so full of energy and really showed us all those horses under the hood. The Scion Guru was very kind and generous. He had a nice warm smile as well.

This event is the reason why I'm on the waiting list for a 2008 Scion XB. Go to the event - you'll love it.

If you are reading this Scion, don't change a thing about this event and keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by todasiracing

Old 04-24-2007, 10:32 PM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by rishio
I think they give you a book with lots of info and pics of the 2008 models. I somehow missed the books but my dealer is mailing it to me... Should get it tonight..
yeah.. the booklet was something that they gave to everyone when you first entered the event and is part of your entry. it contains alot of info for both new vehicles.

the question i answered was what shwag they gave and assumed most people wouldn't include that booklet as it was slightly a given.

as for this thread.... the horse has been beaten enough.