Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Seriously Considering a New xB..

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:37 PM

I own a 2009 Xb.

I would def recommend it. Not the fanciest car you'll ever own, but it IS fun to drive, Front wheel drive has handled excellent in the snow so far this year...I'm on S.Shore of Mass.... testimony: I bought one, and 3 weeks later my wife was trading in her Ford Escape for a brand new one also. A big happy Scion family.

I ride almost completely stock. Ride is good. Not Awesome, but nice. Time will tell how long that lasts, as with any car. But its a nice ride. with nice control.

I doubt you can fit 2 bikes in there without removing tires and a lot of maneuvering of the bikes, and getting your car filthy...but the YAKIMA racks fit sweet on the top, as I have them for my surfboards. (see profile pic)

Comfort? Yeah it's good for me, but YOU gotta go sit in it. haven't done any long trips. BUT to quote my friend who jumped in the back seat recently,"oh nice, what are these seats stuffed with, stale brownies?" So to each their own I guess.
The seats are not PLUSH.

Complaints? Blind spots at first. gotta get used to those columns in the back. I have a beef with FADE of the stereo, but upgrades on that are in the works... BUT NO MAJOR COMPLAINTS.

I love this car. I hope it lasts. I drove my last TRUCK for 13 years. So I take care of my cars in hopes that they last.

I would DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this car BUT,
You GOTTA go drive one.

And the options are limitless with this thing.

Good luck, and let us know!
Happy Xb'ing!!

-K
Old 01-02-2009, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rockthebeef
Originally Posted by Toastado
We have the same bike carrier . I even have a Tnabe df drop .... no problems . I think it would be wise to install a Hotchkiss swaybar ..especially at the rear.
It's a pretty decent carrier, don't you think? I like how it's very easy to use. BTW I'm on NFs. No problems with the DFs you say??? Hmmm I wonder if I should go lower... I have the TRD rear sway bar and it helps. I wish I had the Hotchkis set but I'm good for now.

Yes Im getting a hotchkiss... mucho thicko compare to TRD's.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Having owned a Gen.1 xB myself, wife has a CR-V, relative with a new RAV4, and have seriously considered a new xB, so have test-driven them more than once...let me chime in.
The xB is cool, no doubt. However, it IS the economy car of this bunch. Both the CR-V and RAV are MUCH more solid feeling, and just feel a heck of a lot more substantial. Personally (as someone else mentioned), I don't find the RAV very comfortable, but it does feel heavy and MUCH bigger. The CR-V is supremely comfortable, feels VERY well put-together, and handles very well.
All that said, the xB feels a lot more impressive than a car in it's price range (consider me qualified to make that kind of statement, being "older" and a multiple BMW owner, etc.!), handles pretty well for a car of its shape, and is light-years ahead of the old xB in every way possible.
Bottom line is it's more a matter of what you're looking for/are able to live with than a direct comparison between the cars you listed.
Good luck!