Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Thinking of coming out of retirement for xB2

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Thinking of coming out of retirement for xB2

I use to own a 2005 tC and if anyone has been through the tC FI forums you may have seen some of my posts but I have bounced through a couple of cars since my tC. I currently have a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe(if you google white fox marketing altima coupe thats mine) I have been in debate on going to something bigger and a bit better on gas and that's an a/t. I was wonder 1. other then the water pump problem what other issues should I keep an eye out for? 2. what type of MPG do you average. 3 on a scale of 1-10 can you rate the ride and road noise. Just any help you can provide would be awesome i'm still considering and researching right now.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
1. other then the water pump problem what other issues should I keep an eye out for?
That right there is the only known issue, apart from rattles that may occur in the A and B pillars of the car. Simple fixes fix those. As for the water pump, just look for the pink spray on the hood. A quick fix at the dealership will take care of it.

2. what type of MPG do you average.
When it was stock, I averaged 34 hwy, and 24-26 city, but I was pretty frugal. Now I'm rocking a few bolt-ons, so my mpg is down the toilet. But that's okay, the mileage isn't too bad for such a fun car. Wish it could be better, but I like having a car that is faster than other econoboxes on the road.

3 on a scale of 1-10 can you rate the ride and road noise. Just any help you can provide would be awesome i'm still considering and researching right now.
The ride quality on stock is actually impressive, and road and wind noise are minimal. Since I'm modded with a heavy drop and 18's, I hear a lot more of the road, but some good tires can help ameliorate this problem.

Go ahead and test drive an xB for yourself in order to uncover whether or not this is the appropriate car for you. I love it a lot and it's slower than the fast cars I have owned in the day, but it's definitely the most fun.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm on BFGoodrich G-Force KDWs, and they're noisy as ****. But then again, I have 3000W on a 18" in the back hatch and 400W to my front stage, what do I care? haha.
The stock tires were quite acceptable though.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

same on the pump.

Now with a i/h/e/chip i will do about 300 or close a week so thats about 26 oh and on heavy 18s in a hilly as hell area.

when i had just the CAI (Which u should do) i was pulling 28-30 with a good mix of STOMPING on the gas.

ride for me is a 8 when stock- roadnoise??? whats that. yea the stock tires are terrible after 10k but thats an easy fix. with my 18s on its still smooth but when i hit a bump i KNOW. and roadnoise is still gone.

Drive it first mate and drive it HARD
Old 09-27-2010, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I will trade you my 2006 tC for the white fox marketing altima coupe ;)
Old 09-27-2010, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That altima coupe....
Old 09-27-2010, 11:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

on the ssr's i was getting about 17 mpg combined city/hghwy. on stocks i get like 24-26ish combined
Old 09-27-2010, 12:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a 2009 with just over 36k miles. It stock with the exception of being lowered with Eibach Sportlines and I love it. Ofcorse, I want to do more to it eventually as money allows. I did notice a little spray under the hood recently, so that may be a sign of the waterpump issue and will be taking that to the dealer soon. I have the extended warranty . Other than that I have had no issues or problems. Stones do love the front of those cars though.

My MPG is in the mid 20's and I tend to drive fast, but do not drag race around town.

I do not notice much of any wind or road noise except when I have my roof rack on. It rides nice and smooth and does not bang around on bumps even with being lowered. I would give it a rating of 8.

Going off of your comment about you wanting something with more space. I had a 2002 Subaru Legacy GT sedan prior to this and and I am much happy with the xB. I have 2 kids and sometimes have my girlfriends kid in there as well and they never complain of the lack of space. I think the cars is awesome, looks great, tons of space, fun to drive, and has plenty of power. It is also a great price and I think you get alot for your money with all of the standard features. I am extremely happy with my choice in buying it and have inspired my cousin to buy one, last week, and my brother in-law is probably getting one soon too.

Hope this has helped a little and good luck.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

DUDE I will trade you straight up for xb2 lol. Lovely car.

I can not help with the road noise since I have my car dynamatted.

I have a catback exhaust, intake and a crank pulley and I get 27-29mpg on average. And I am not always nice with the car.

Honestly I have never had the water pump issue or any other problems. Well I had bad rear wheel bearings but what factory defect that happened within like 1k mileage or something like that.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just looked up the Altima and it is very nice. If you got an xB would you modify that as well?