Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

Trading in my 06 TCM Box for a Nautical blue 08!! any cons??

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Trading in my 06 TCM Box for a Nautical blue 08!! any cons??

WOO i cannot believe it.. i went to my dealership today for the first time to see the new 08 xB and i just fell in love with it!! There is a Manual ...I think its called nautical blue looks like BOP... and it comes with 17" rims.. and the navigation unit.. and i took it for a test drive and WHEW!! it is soo much better.. much more power.. and also the air conditioner seems ALOT more power to it also.. got the inside of my B nice and cool in a little while, ..... unlike my gen 1.. real slow on that one... as much as i LOVE my "toaster" im just going to have to trade it in for this one.. now is there any "CONS" that are involved with the new B?? anything i should worry about? and also tell me (all of you gen 2 owners) why u LOVE it so much better (if you've owned a gen 1) .... but so far the deal is on.. im going back wednesday to pick it up :D i could of brought it home today, and kept it for 3 days to try it out.. but i said it wouldnt be actually MINE yet.. and it wont feel the same so yeah.. also i forgot MANUAL or AUTOMATIC ?? let me here from you owners!!

thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i test drove one and fell in love with it. Didn't say a word to the dealer the whole time we were test driving it. I was just looking at everything inside, looking at the new cluster, getting a feeling of the high clutch, everything was smooth, more power, powerful a/c, i liked that, and it seemed "big" on the inside. I'm going to trade in my first gen too for the new one. I wanted to get all trd, but it is waaaay too expensive from the stealership. Get a manual. Only real drivers drive manuals.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:29 AM

I posted this on the other thread that asked the same question. I noticed between driving my wife's 06 and my 08 that her's has slightly better visibility than mine. Feels to me like there's more glass to see out of in hers. Could be my mind though.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Superboxcarxb..thats Awesome, i know me too, i hardly asked questions i was just in love with it... and also i think it felt more "Sturdier" than "flimzy" like the gen 1 xB, i unno just my thought.. i just feel like in MY gen 1 xB now that im driving in paperthin TIN can.. as to the new xB-2 it feels more "heavy-dutyISH" but i cant wait, im hoping the dealership works something Awesome out for me on wednesday to get the Blue one with the TRD all on it..but if all else fails, im just gonna go for a BCP i guess their called AUTO one or maybe just go for the PW Manual... we'll see what goes down!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 01:59 AM
SL Member

GPhatBoy... if your trading in, see what they'll do for you... drive them hard... and then drive over to all the other neighboring Scion dealers and see who'll give you the best deal. "They" aint gonna offer ya squat... you're gonna have to do the hard sell. The trade-in is the only place they have room to move and the mor eoptions you have installed, the more motivation they have to move.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The gen 2 is easy to fall in love with. I've had mine for a little over a month now and these are the things I don't like:
1. Driver's seat armrest is crap
2. No padding on door armrest
3. Center console has no storage and takes up knee room
Old 08-21-2007, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

WELL i got a call from my sales man from the dealer about 45 minutes ago... IM GETTIN A MANUAL!! but i dont know what color yet.. lol, i switched from the color he wanted me to get (The burgandy-AUTO)...to either a white MANUAL or either the blue MANUAL but he said the way things are looking now, i have a very good chance on the TRD blue MANUAL :D i cant wait!! im gonna take tons of pics on wednesday night when i go pick up whatever color im getting :D (BTW, im getting $10,000 for the trade in (Including my 16" rims, my aftermarket (single din HU) !!) woo )()(IS THAT GOOD???)()(
Old 08-21-2007, 09:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that's awesome!!! congratulations on your newborn newmexico!!! Love the blue! post some pics when you get it! great choice! lol.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:00 PM
SL Member

$10K for what? Pull the rims in case you can use them or even sell them. You can always bring them in if they 'expected' the rims on the trade value. TRD Blue? I think they were pulling your leg... It's Scion Nautical Blue

Anyway... go to Kelley Blue Book (website) and punch in the data to find out what they say your car was worth. Then you'll know if they still need a little more convincing. Seriously, the Scion dealers are competing and this is their only tool! You might even get $12K with careful shopping; no matter how nice the sales-guy/gal is.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SimpleNature
$10K for what? Pull the rims in case you can use them or even sell them. You can always bring them in if they 'expected' the rims on the trade value. TRD Blue? I think they were pulling your leg... It's Scion Nautical Blue

Anyway... go to Kelley Blue Book (website) and punch in the data to find out what they say your car was worth. Then you'll know if they still need a little more convincing. Seriously, the Scion dealers are competing and this is their only tool! You might even get $12K with careful shopping; no matter how nice the sales-guy/gal is.
lol yeah, its the nautical blue, but with the TRD exxhaust tip and the rims......But yeah i went onto kelley blue book, and its $10,570 (including the rims and the HU) as for the rims, they are expecting them...i would keep em but their 4 lug and their just tooo small for me now, and as for the selling part, ive tried that MANY MANY times and nothing so, ive had them for 2 1/2 years now so time to just give them away.. but TOMORROW im going to the dealer for him to look @ my B...hope he likes it lol.. But im thinking if i do find a better dealer (Which theres only 2 in albuquerque [American Toyota, and Karl Malone]) which im @ karl malone now, i might just swing by american toyota to see what they give me... and if they have the color im looking for.. but i will update on thursday to tell ya'll if i got the color, or what color i got, and ill post up pics
Old 08-23-2007, 12:40 PM

i had an 04 xb, I loved it, but when the gen 2 came out, I had to have one. I like the gen 2 alot more. I didnt even test drive, Me and my wife went in and just signed papers.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

cool. thats what i did with my first gen. I sat in it at the dealership. And then i just bought it. didn't even test drive it. lol.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when I went looking for mine in June... No dealers had a blue auto... so the nearest dealer said he's got one comming in in 2 weeks.. he said it should be delivered like between June 23 & the 29th... So I put 500 down on a CCard to hold it as 'sold' so's they wouldnt sell it to anyone else.. PLUS he said I could back out if I dont like it & not charge me the 500$ (he didnt even run the credit card)... So 12 days later I drove it home 5 hours after the truck dropped it at the dealer.. Sight unseen sale... BOY these dealers got it made.. have you ever seen a Scion Xb commercial on TV?? I havent.. or radio spots?? Nope not in my area.. NO advertizing.. These suckers sell themselves!!!! Think of all the $$ scion is saving on advertizing!! dammmmnnn.. jh
edit.. to answer your 'con' question..
1) the NBM paint is too dammn dark to keep clean!! Everytime I wash it , it rain & i get stuck out in it within 2 days. I'm tieredd of washing it!
2) I smike cigars so I Like to hang my left arm up enough for the smoke to go out the window. well. the left arm rest is TOO LOW & the window sill is TOO HIGH!! What's a smoker to do to keeop the smell out of the new caar besides stop smoking...
3)..... none.....
I really like this dammn van!!! .. BTw..... I have never owned or ridden in a 1st gen xB.....
My cons are petty & only affect me & not the general ownership in my opinion.. so you have to give it an A...... good luck with yours... jh
Old 08-26-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jimmbomb
when I went looking for mine in June... No dealers had a blue auto... so the nearest dealer said he's got one comming in in 2 weeks.. he said it should be delivered like between June 23 & the 29th... So I put 500 down on a CCard to hold it as 'sold' so's they wouldnt sell it to anyone else.. PLUS he said I could back out if I dont like it & not charge me the 500$ (he didnt even run the credit card)... So 12 days later I drove it home 5 hours after the truck dropped it at the dealer.. Sight unseen sale... BOY these dealers got it made.. have you ever seen a Scion Xb commercial on TV?? I havent.. or radio spots?? Nope not in my area.. NO advertizing.. These suckers sell themselves!!!! Think of all the $$ scion is saving on advertizing!! dammmmnnn.. jh
It would be illegal for him to charge you $500 for changing your mind

Only 1 poster really answered his question of any cons...does anyone else know of any cons of the Xb2?
Old 08-26-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just looked on scion of orlando's website and the manual are considerably less than the Auto's. Are they struggling that much to get rid of the 5spd's?

Ex. A base 5spd is $15,650 plus options of $405, Proc. $675 and dealer fees of $698 brings the subtotal to $17428....bu they reduced the price of a couple of these to $15,997
Old 08-26-2007, 08:20 PM
SL Member

Those process and dealers fees are bogus. My auto was just under $17,500 out the door including tags. The premium on the automatic is about a grand, which is normal.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chazm
I just looked on scion of orlando's website and the manual are considerably less than the Auto's. Are they struggling that much to get rid of the 5spd's?

Ex. A base 5spd is $15,650 plus options of $405, Proc. $675 and dealer fees of $698 brings the subtotal to $17428....bu they reduced the price of a couple of these to $15,997
My " dealer fees' were only 98$ (which I argued that after I check 3 other dealers for their dealers fees). that probally explains why YOUR dealer dropped their price by 600$$$ they werent selling..... & they cannot discount the price of the vehicle, but they can negotiate on the junk fees......
ps..I edited my post to reflect the original questions of.."can you think of any 'cons' about your xB2". soo if you want to check back & read my reply to the original question........ jh
Old 08-27-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trading in my 06 TCM Box for a Nautical blue 08!! any cons??
No.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 AM

We had a 2004 xB and were satisfied with it. We happened by the dealership and were invited to drive the 2008 xb. We were immediately sold on all the additions and features. Bottom line, it is "fun" to drive. We bought and now have 1885 miles on a Blackberry Crush metallic xB2. It is great.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

10k trade in?

That's what my dealer wanted to give me for my stock '06 w/o any mods or anything.

I did some research and kelly blue book listed it as being worth 12k-13k for trade-in, so I fouight the dealer to get more trade-in value.

It took awhile and a bit of playing the car salesman game, but I got 11.5k for trade-in.

Quick Reply: Trading in my 06 TCM Box for a Nautical blue 08!! any cons??