::Wiper Plugs on eBay::

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Default ::Wiper Plugs on eBay::

So i was surfing eBay last night and came across this guy thats selling rear wiper plugs on there, not a bad price, only $10 and thats including shipping, thinking about getting one because i dont really like the wiper back there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6234265&rd=1,1
Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 PM
SL Member

Cool! thanks! How hard is it to remove?
Old 07-24-2007, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

not hard at all, you remove the wiper arm by taking off the 10mm nut holding it on to the shaft, you open the hatch and take the hatch cover off by taking the 10 or 12 fasteners off (just pops out) and there is three bolts holding the wiper motor in, you undo them and unplug the wire, and just pull the motor out, then all you have to do is have someone on the outside hold the plug in place while you secure it, i would recomment that it be siliconed with clear silicone from the inside just to make it water tight, then all you do is wait for the silicone to harden a little, (blow on it every now and again for about 10 mins)put the back panel back on and shut the hatch and you are done...it really makes the rear end of an xB pop, hope that was helpful....
Old 07-24-2007, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ummmm your getting ripped, these aren't even painted. You can go to your local Depot and get 2 of the plugs for $1. Would also suggest getting some silicon to use as a sealant.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmmm, kinda sounding like the guy who's selling is the guy who's posting. LOL

Noodles, when you say "Depot", I assume you mean Home Depot?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah Home Depot. If he's trying to sell it at that price and he's hyping his auction up he's a tool, if not just trying to warn him
Old 07-24-2007, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he's posting on all the different Scion forums. Tool or shill either way its a ripoff.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Gotta love how the guy ranting and raving about it is from Mississippi, and so is the guy holding the Auction. Even more that Biloxi is 5 miles from Kessler A.F.B.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where at home depot are the plugs and what are they called?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
SL Member

I think this would look kind of silly on the xb2 unless it was done on a darker colored one as the body line on the bottom of the hatch window has a curve in the bottom fit for the wiper motor.... it would seem kind of out of place with nothing there, no?
Old 07-24-2007, 03:12 PM
SL Member

OK, I'm kind of wrong on that, the curve goes around the logo not the wiper... but its close... still not that sleek straight line of the first gen., where I think this mod looks great.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I wouldn't do it myself, but i think without the wiper, it would show off the curve around the logo, you can't really noice it now unless you are really looking.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I took mine off and put a 1 inch nylon plug in there until I replaced it with a back up cam. It's usually in the 1st isle where they keep like the stuff in the pull out cabinets. Ask for 1" Nylon plugs the come in packs of 2.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i know my credability is kind of ruined on here now...lol...but the plugs i am selling are not nylon, i would not even try and sell them for that price that would be a rip off, the plugs on ebay are metal, i am in the theatre business and they are actually a part for our projectors and i was able to snag a good bit of them after Katrina destroyed a couple of our theatres, they are painted black, and really high quality, just thought i would come on here and try and clear my name the best i could, i am not going to try and "rip off" fellow xB owners, i dont care if they drive a gen 1 or 2 xB its still a scion and they are still a member of my family, just keep in mind that the rear wiper on the xB is one inch shorter than the shortest replacement blade so when you have to replace that wiper good luck, its gonna cost you, i think they are useless, check out some of my pics at myspace.com/losethatwiper thanks and happy toasting : )
Old 07-27-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: ::Wiper Plugs on eBay::

Originally Posted by daneisthegreatest
So i was surfing eBay last night and came across this guy thats selling rear wiper plugs on there, not a bad price, only $10 and thats including shipping, thinking about getting one because i dont really like the wiper back there...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...6234265&rd=1,1

you, sir, are a DOUCHE!!!!!!! f@@king shill!!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

you know trailsrider its funny how you quote my first post and not my last one when you decide to call me a douche, did you just choose not to read my new post or do you just not care...i can honestly say i dont care what you think of me, call me what you wish, isn't that the main goal in life, to do what it takes to make a living, so what i advertised my product on here, are you going to call keytechnuques a douche also, yeah they have a great product (like me) and its $20 dollars for one of their plugs, i got mine on there for $10 with free shipping, if you think about it, its a good deal, but say what you wish people will still buy my plugs because they know its a good deal and a great product, if you want to go to home depot and spend $1.99 or whatever it is for a nylon piece of crap to go on your $16,000 car then go ahead, i would not put that on my box thats for sure, the plugs i have are off a projector that costs 4 times as much as an xb, metal, rust proof, grade A...so the choice is up to you, i just know that when i do something to my box i like to do it right the first time so i dont have to go back and fix a mistake i made in the past...maybe its just me but thats how i have always been with all of the trucks i have built in the past...so if i am a douche then thats cool, oh well, im not going to lose any sleep over you calling me a douche...not at all...not at all...
Old 07-27-2007, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^ Last thing I will say on the subject. KeyTechiques pays to advertise on SL. Notice that they are a silver sponsor??? The way you went about it was all wrong too. "Hey guys look at what I found on eBay!!", instead of just saying Hey I have these for sale does anyone want to buy them. This should have been put in the PPC forums on this site.
Old 07-28-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by daneisthegreatest
i know my credability is kind of ruined on here now...lol...but the plugs i am selling are not nylon, i would not even try and sell them for that price that would be a rip off, the plugs on ebay are metal, i am in the theatre business and they are actually a part for our projectors and i was able to snag a good bit of them after Katrina destroyed a couple of our theatres, they are painted black, and really high quality, just thought i would come on here and try and clear my name the best i could, i am not going to try and "rip off" fellow xB owners, i dont care if they drive a gen 1 or 2 xB its still a scion and they are still a member of my family, just keep in mind that the rear wiper on the xB is one inch shorter than the shortest replacement blade so when you have to replace that wiper good luck, its gonna cost you, i think they are useless, check out some of my pics at myspace.com/losethatwiper thanks and happy toasting : )
As noodles said, you are a douche for misrepresenting yourself, not for selling something. Sell all you want, all day long...make millions with "wiper plug mania"; we will be happy for you. Just don't LIE to your CUSTOMER BASE, especally when it is an easily discovered lie.

Also, nylon won't rot, rust, or deteriorate in any way, just like your plugs (based on what you said, I am assuming they are aluminum or stainless). It is lighter than metal and probably easier to paint. It is also WAAAAAAAY cheaper.

It's not like the wiper plug is going to see wear or impacts or something. There is no reason to have metal in there.

If your product is such a great deal and such high quality, why did you feel the need to misrepresent yourself? Such a great deal on a great product should sell itself without the assistance of deceit, don't you agree?

Even in the above post, where you "come clean", you are still pushing your crap. You never eve apologized or did anything to "clear your name", you just segued into another infomercial. Do you sell Oxyclean too? You are not a sponsor. Pay up or get off the site.