SL Member
Scion Evolution

xD?????????????
Old 06-28-2006, 02:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Exclusive
SL Member

i think if they stuck a 1.8l engine into the xB and gave it a facelift i would probably trade up. Maybe offer both the 1.5 and a 1.8?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They won't do two different engines.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member

How about the yA, and yB?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by lonestar
They won't do two different engines.
but they should.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
Originally Posted by Rich_Manas
the 2007 xB will be the same that's all i can say.
And you know this HOW? Without any facts your statement means nothing.
i disagree with you on this having no facts to back up that statement the only reason i am agreing with the fact that the xb will be here 07 is becasue of the RS.4 Mazora Red if there are all these speculations on that color being released and it is in the dealer stock inventory of what is an option, what car are they going to relase it on. Are they just gonna be like here is your factory paint the Mazora Red. There has to be an 07 if that color is going to be released come on. Also i have no fact or evidence to prove that there will be an 07 it just seemed a lil tid bit funny to me that they wont have an 07 model but they will have the option for an RS.4 paint. Now it would make sense if they just release the RS editions and thats it for 07. but then even if they do that it is still going to be an 07 so then there will be an 07 model so you cant say there will not be 07 models becasue that would be the 07 model.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The concept of changing models every 3 years sounds cool on the surface but really I don't like it. It means less available / more expensive parts for repairs needed in the future. Less aftermarket support, because most aftermarket companies are looking for the biggest user base to develop for. I would also think it would cost Toyota more to have to constantly retool their assembly line every 3 years to start pushing a new line out. One other thing that I ran into in a previous car.. the first year of a new model generally seems to be the year plagued with minor bugs that need to be worked out, and the second year has some components slightly redesigned to fix those initial problems. If you are changing models completely every 3 years, then your brand name becomes synonymous with having minor issues all the time.

I mention the last bit from personal experience. I bought a 2002 SVT Focus, one of the first 500 ever built. Within the 2 years I owned it I had to take it into the dealer roughly once a month for at least an over night stay. That first year of that model saw a high number of clutch failures between 15-20k miles (mine included), the throttle cable would rub a groove in the engine cover (mine included), and there was a recall in the cruise control as it could get stuck in WOT. All of these things were fixed by the 2003 SVT Focus, and thankfully fixed under warranty for me. Point being, I got burned being an early adopter of a new model car, and these are not problems that only Ford has. I have seen similar stories with Honda and Subaru, etc but they at least keep their models well past that initial introduction so it becomes a distant memory when it is all said and done. In my opinion, a 5 year lifespan is just about right for a car. Much longer then that and they start looking dated (PT Cruiser anyone?).
Old 07-19-2006, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Generik... While I agree with you in principal, we also have to consider the stable of JDM vehicles Toyota has to pull from. We got both the xA and xB from established JDM vehicles that were modified for use in the USDM market. This all but eliminated first year bugs commonly associated with "new" models.

And while I don't think Scion will be doing the same thing this time around as they did with their initial release, I do think they aren't willing to waste the opportunity to pull from an existing established platform. I do think the change over will be more extensive than switching from right to left hand drive and meeting U.S. safety ratings and regulations. But I would bet that "mechanically" the new Scions have been running around the streets of Japan, or maybe even the U.S. for at least a couple of years before they go into production as Scions.

The way I see it this is the only way they can keep Scion a viable, marketable, fresh brand with 3-4 year life cycles and a reputation for Toyota quality. It can be done. It has been done. And for all of our sake, I hope it continues to be done.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is a good point RTon20s. As I mentioned, my experience has been mainly with domestic brands. Being new to this forum and new to Toyota in general, I never even considered that they got road tested for a good amount of time before being shipped over to us. When I was into the Focus heavily, the main competiton was Honda and VW, so I am very much in the dark still on the Toyota development process and what they have in Japan vs. what is in the US. Thanks for the info.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Here's what I know to be true ... no '07 xA or xB. Production will stop around christmas, and inventory will sell out by april/may at which time the '08 models (Complete redesigns) will be introduced.

The actual 08 prototypes, it has been rumored by Scion, may make a special appearance @ HIN Miami in December.

Thats what I know ... from sources within Scion Corporate. They could be wrong too, but they also love to leak all kinds of info, this however makes sense.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ there are 2007 Scion tCs out, but there will never be a 2007 Scion xB or xA
Old 07-24-2006, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by trikkonceptz
Here's what I know to be true ... no '07 xA or xB. Production will stop around christmas, and inventory will sell out by april/may at which time the '08 models (Complete redesigns) will be introduced.

The actual 08 prototypes, it has been rumored by Scion, may make a special appearance @ HIN Miami in December.

Thats what I know ... from sources within Scion Corporate. They could be wrong too, but they also love to leak all kinds of info, this however makes sense.
minus the hin thing tis what i've heard.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by RH_TuningIsLife
^^ there are 2007 Scion tCs out, but there will never be a 2007 Scion xB or xA
the man is right.