Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

XB Vibrating issue...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM

Default XB Vibrating issue...

Hey guys,

I have a 08 XB and I've read that there are others having this problem. When the car is in gear and you are stopped, there is a vibration somewhere in the front end. I imported the car into Canada and brought it to the local Toyota Dealership and they were less than helpful, basically told me to drive 14 hours back to the US to get it fixed as they have no technical data on the issue. Is there something that I can tell them so that it can be fixed? It has pretty much done this since I got it last fall, but have been putting off addressing it.

Thanks a bunch...

Curtis
Old 09-06-2008, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Because Scion's aren't sold in Canada, the Toyota dealers are someone hesitant to work on them. They do have the resources to find information and can fix a car under warranty. However, they aren’t obligated to do so. You may want to try a different Toyota dealer, but if they tell you the same thing, then, yeah, you have to take it to a US dealer.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just need to raise the rubber bushings in the engine bay counter-clockwise. Maybe just half turn or one full turn should do it. If these "tighten" you get some rubbing somewhere causing vibrations. Just raise up the bushings and will be quiet again!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Invertalon's solution is correct, but I'll add so that you understand what we're talking about that it is your hood rattling because it isn't fully sitting against the bump stops when it is closed.

There are two big black rubber bump stops on the left and right side (toward the front edge of the engine compartment) when you open the hood. As stated already; just turn them counter-clockwise a half turn; if that doesn't stop the rattling, turn them another half turn... you're done. Now close the hood and go for a drive!