Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

xb2's show your rotas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thumbs up xb2's show your rotas!

Lets see em! (also, I secretly started this thread to help me decide on which wheels to get).
Old 11-01-2010, 01:21 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Wrong section and friends dont let friends rock Rotas
Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

g force 18x9 +35
Attached Thumbnails xb2's show your rotas!-mms_picture_1-1-2.jpg   xb2's show your rotas!-mms_picture-1-1.jpg   xb2's show your rotas!-mms_picture_1-1.jpg   xb2's show your rotas!-mms_picture-2.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
Wrong section and friends dont let friends rock Rotas
Eh, friends who know their friends cant afford to be wheel snobs while in school and working do . Plus, finally not having a euro car, I'm BEYOND excited to have a wheel selection that starts in the SUB$1k range.

I don't really know how to move a thread, but mods?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Whats so great about having real wheels?... Other then the fact that you get to strut around with an elitist attitude because you put 2500$ wheels on a 16,500$ car lol. Im really one to talk though I've put more then my car is worth back into it I just dont like the 'tude that comes along with "real" wheels. Now you might have been joking and if you are please feel free to give me the tongue lashing of a lifetime but if you want to look down on somebody because they dont feel the need to put 4 grand down on some Te37's instead of 1000 on some Grids then maybe you should kick it somewhere where else.

Like I said if you were just joking my bad... this wheel fad is just getting out of hand and I cant stand it when somebody tries to rain on somebody else because they dont want to put on the BBS unifom and roll with the cool kids. I have a twelve thousand dollar paint job but you will never see or hear of me telling somebody else "Friends dont let friends rock vynil Or Friends dont let friends rock stock paint". Just not cool.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pasquale
Whats so great about having real wheels?... Other then the fact that you get to strut around with an elitist attitude because you put 2500$ wheels on a 16,500$ car lol. Im really one to talk though I've put more then my car is worth back into it I just dont like the 'tude that comes along with "real" wheels. Now you might have been joking and if you are please feel free to give me the tongue lashing of a lifetime but if you want to look down on somebody because they dont feel the need to put 4 grand down on some Te37's instead of 1000 on some Grids then maybe you should kick it somewhere where else.

Like I said if you were just joking my bad... this wheel fad is just getting out of hand and I cant stand it when somebody tries to rain on somebody else because they dont want to put on the BBS unifom and roll with the cool kids. I have a twelve thousand dollar paint job but you will never see or hear of me telling somebody else "Friends dont let friends rock vynil Or Friends dont let friends rock stock paint". Just not cool.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:08 AM

I'd never buy Rotas or recommend them to anyone. It's not about being elitest. Rotas have a terrible reputation for quality or lack thereof and of breaking, cracking, etc. Perhaps it's an undeserved reputation, but it's not something I'm going to risk.

There are plenty of quality wheels that don't cost like Volks or Works. Enkei for example, who actually have wheels that don't just look like copies of other companies' expensive wheels.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

here is my rotas they are pimping

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  58.6 KB
Old 11-02-2010, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nava89
g force 18x9 +35
i got mine for 80 buks good thing i didnt pay 1000 for them cuz thats how much they are i wouldnt pay that much so i got luky
Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames

that looks nice and
how much did you pay for your turbo
Old 11-02-2010, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames

what kind of rotas are those and what offset? I am looking for wheels really bad and really don't have cash so i am thinking some drag dr31's for 500 bucks.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

personaly im still a fan of my G-Line 601's

Old 11-02-2010, 05:20 PM
AAG
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pasquale
Whats so great about having real wheels?... Other then the fact that you get to strut around with an elitist attitude because you put 2500$ wheels on a 16,500$ car lol.
I'm sure if you were the owner of the orginal wheel design you wouldn't like someone ripping off your product and selling it for a fraction of the price would you?

I personally don't care what people rock but I don't support cheap aftermarket companies (Rota, tenzo, weapon-r, etc.). Their products lack R&D and it shows in the build quality. I've seen enough threads about rota wheels breaking (literally) and its enough for me to stay away.

A perfect example of why I don't support these companies is because Comptech went out of business. Everyone liked their products because they built high quality items, however they didn't want to pay the higher cost so they went with the cheaper Taiwan/Chinese product. Low and behold they are gone and people were shocked, go figure!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xBray
I'd never buy Rotas or recommend them to anyone. It's not about being elitest. Rotas have a terrible reputation for quality or lack thereof and of breaking, cracking, etc. Perhaps it's an undeserved reputation, but it's not something I'm going to risk.

There are plenty of quality wheels that don't cost like Volks or Works. Enkei for example, who actually have wheels that don't just look like copies of other companies' expensive wheels.
Ok. I think I'm going to have to do what the guy did with the NF thread. I would like pictures of 2nd gen xb's with rotas.

I do not want opinions of how crappy they are... or how I should get "real" wheels" or anything else. Rotas are as real as any other wheel. They may be knockoffs in the design, but if they were unsafe, people wouldn't use them on trackdays and at autox events.

That said, More pictures!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CoryJames, are those 17's, 18's?
Old 11-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Jon
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Even though cast wheels can't take a hit like a forged one could (potholes, curbs, racing, etc.), that doesn't mean they're going to spontaneously come apart under normal driving conditions. If they did, then these companies would have gone under a long time ago after the NHSTA/DOT got a hold of them. Common sense, guys.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
Ok. I think I'm going to have to do what the guy did with the NF thread. I would like pictures of 2nd gen xb's with rotas.

I do not want opinions of how crappy they are... or how I should get "real" wheels" or anything else. Rotas are as real as any other wheel. They may be knockoffs in the design, but if they were unsafe, people wouldn't use them on trackdays and at autox events.

That said, More pictures!
You know, this is a public message board. As long as people aren't posting things against the rules, you don't get to dictate what responses you get. This attitude of "I only want pat on the back responses that agree with me" is really annoying.

That said, I'm off of this board. I don't think I've been rude or obnoxious in any of my posts, but I can take a hint where it's clear I'm not wanted or don't fit in.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So basically, I got a little upset.

(Edit) lol

Last edited by Roller_Toaster; 11-09-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You started a thread in a public forum that asked for pics of a wheel brand that some people feel have a less than acceptable reputation. The fact that they responded with their thoughts should be considered a benefit to you and other people that don't have any experience with these wheels. If you are aware of their poor reputation for quality, and are OK with that, then fine, accept it and move forward, but don't sit on a public forum and continue to condemn those who are trying to prevent you from making a potentially bad decision. There are plenty of wheel brands in comparable price points to the Rotas that don't have the same reputation for poor quality.

BTW, if you look around the Tire & Wheel forum on ScionLife, you'll see that I'm a knowledgeable informed individual that has helped hundreds of SL members, so I don't expect a flaming response. If you choose that alternative then this thread will quickly be locked.

And CoryJames, what are you talking about? I know those are 17" Work CR-Kai's, not Rotas, you jokester you!

Last edited by CIONIDE; 11-03-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

I'll smite anyone that would dare to talk back to you, Ken.

Granted, the OP never really got what he asked for but this topic has been exhausted already. No wheel will just fall apart (like Jon said). I've owned a set of 19" Tenzos and had no problems what so ever.

The people that fein for High End wheels do for their own reasons and that's their prerogative. No need to bash either group.

With that said, go and search through the numerous threads on here and make an informed decision.

PS "manners" in this world will get you far, go find some. No one gives a ____ if our answers were too whinny.

PPS Cory is trolling, those are the real deal, I had the reps. Great looking wheels! (we both had/have 17's)

Quick Reply: xb2's show your rotas!