Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

xb2's show your rotas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 10:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CIONIDE
BTW, if you look around the Tire & Wheel forum on ScionLife, you'll see that I'm a knowledgeable informed individual that has helped hundreds of SL members
seriously, this guy is ridiculously good on wheels and tire

...just saying.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as far as im concerned my still are by far tha ____e
Old 11-09-2010, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

AAAAnyway...on to better things that don't involve arguing on the internet

Last edited by Roller_Toaster; 11-09-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Roller_Toaster
Apologies for blowing my top to all. I know rotas are looked down on by many who can afford to be picky, unfortunately, I cannot afford to be one of those people (As I said before in this thread, I cannot find another set of wheels that will achieve the look I would like for $400 shipped to my door...anyway...that's not the point.)

I tried to ask that the thread be cleaned up to remove posts that didn't include pictures, but it wasn't and this poor thread is pretty much dead.

On to better things that don't involve arguing on the internet
You sure edited that one down...

The mods only clean up threads (or lock them) when things get totally off topic, or abusive. They won't erase posts just because they don't have the pictures like you requested. That being said, I know that there are, and have been, other xB2 owners on ScionLife with Rota wheels. Help Roller_Toaster out with your pics, even if you no longer have your xB or have changed wheels. He's just trying to get some idea of how they look, so help a brother out if you can.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

These arent Rotas but none the less very similar to GRIDS.

Wheels XXR 522

Specs: Front 19x8.5 + 15
Rear 19x10 + 20

Probably a little more aggressive then you want to go.. unless you have some sort of adjustable suspension.

Name:  76657_1449801329685_1372793175_31030967_8377200_n.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  53.6 KB
Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

BTW, here are a few sites that have some other wheels in the $400 price range:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com
http://www.wheelfire.com
http://www.wheelmax.com

and seriously check out the sale at Next Level Motoring:

http://www.nlmotoring.com/Clearance-Wheels-s/1535.htm

Let me know if you need any help with offsets and fitment.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You sure edited that one down...

The mods only clean up threads (or lock them) when things get totally off topic, or abusive. They won't erase posts just because they don't have the pictures like you requested.
Totally understandable.

As for the editing, I was just trying to let the poor thread die ..but it may have new life!

Edit: Thanks for the links! That NLmotoring site is crazy cheap!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1GreeKtC
PS "manners" in this world will get you far, go find some.

Just noticed this, and I've got plenty thanks .
Old 11-09-2010, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As for the editing, I was just trying to let the poor thread die ..but it may have new life!
It didn't get off to the best start, but with the right encouragement, you may get the help you're looking for.

Thanks for the links! That NLmotoring site is crazy cheap!
NLmotoring is well known on this site for great service & great prices. Keep in mind the link I put up is for clearance priced wheels, so the availability and timing is limited. Their other wheels are at good prices also, but I know that you are dealing with a limited budget.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If rotas are around the 1-2k range might as well get some enkei rpf1's, You get a light, strong, good looking forged wheel for around 230 a rim. They my dream wheels haha

Last edited by Kingshawty12; 11-10-2010 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Spelling fails from iphone
Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kingshawty12
If rotas are around the 1-2k range might as well get some enkei rpf1's, You get a light, strong, good looking forged wheel for around 230 a rim. They my dream wheels haha
Good luck finding forged rims for $230 each... (not gonna happen). The Rotas run about $400 - $500 for a set, but no, they're not forged either.. your age and ignorance are showing my young one.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
I personally don't care what people rock but I don't support cheap aftermarket companies (Rota, tenzo, weapon-r, etc.). Their products lack R&D and it shows in the build quality. I've seen enough threads about rota wheels breaking (literally) and its enough for me to stay away.

You do have a point sir, but then not all of them have bad reps. I personally rock XXR and from what I've read before I bought the wheels, they can take a beating. I've taken my wheels to hell and back (in Jersey roads) to the point where I believed hands down that they cracked/broke. I guess to each is their own. Just sayin though.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by AAG
I'm sure if you were the owner of the orginal wheel design you wouldn't like someone ripping off your product and selling it for a fraction of the price would you?

I personally don't care what people rock but I don't support cheap aftermarket companies (Rota, tenzo, weapon-r, etc.). Their products lack R&D and it shows in the build quality. I've seen enough threads about rota wheels breaking (literally) and its enough for me to stay away.

A perfect example of why I don't support these companies is because Comptech went out of business. Everyone liked their products because they built high quality items, however they didn't want to pay the higher cost so they went with the cheaper Taiwan/Chinese product. Low and behold they are gone and people were shocked, go figure!
Hate to break it to you man but thats business. Retail is unfair and Cut throat especially in the automotive industry. I sell and manufacture my own performance hoses and brake lines. I understand that you have seen threads about how this or that product is garbage but without first hand experience I cant take your argument seriously. I have had all my weapon-r stuff for almost 2 years and I've had zero problems. So now that you have contradicting arguments does that make you question what you read? Its like they say, "Don't believe everything you read."
Old 11-10-2010, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck finding forged rims for $230 each... (not gonna happen). The Rotas run about $400 - $500 for a set, but no, they're not forged either.. your age and ignorance are showing my young one.
so sorry master but I have gotten a quote at discount tire, i was told i was able to get enkei rpf1's for around 230 a rim the total was around 1400 for everything including hub centric rings and so on. Forged and the size was 18x8 +30 offset. i was just suggesting to anybody who might want some rpf1's, and im thinking rota now, i always thought they were still around the 1k area soo if a set is 400-500 hmm might as well get rota's instead of drags, i was looking at some drag dr-31's.

Last edited by Kingshawty12; 11-10-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey cyanide, what do you think of Sportmax wheels? They're pretty popular in those links, and I really like they way some of them look

Edit: wrong wheel brand
Old 11-10-2010, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Pasquale
These arent Rotas but none the less very similar to GRIDS.

Wheels XXR 522

Specs: Front 19x8.5 + 15
Rear 19x10 + 20

Probably a little more aggressive then you want to go.. unless you have some sort of adjustable suspension.

i think im gona sell my wheels for these wheels i like that look
Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kingshawty12
so sorry master but I have gotten a quote at discount tire, i was told i was able to get enkei rpf1's for around 230 a rim the total was around 1400 for everything including hub centric rings and so on. Forged and the size was 18x8 +30 offset.
The Enkei RFP1 is a variation on a true forged wheel made by a process called MAT Technology. It's a more advanced cast technology, so it's better than gravity casting or pressure casting, but it's a lot cheaper to produce than true forged technology.

From the Enkei website:

MAT Technology
Enkei developed a new manufacturing process to produce the next aluminum wheel generation. The Most Advanced Technology (M.A.T) combines one-piece cast wheel technology with a rim forming technology called spinning process. Using this new technology of casting and rim forming by M.A.T process, is critical to improve drastically the material property and strength of the wheels. Rim-Rolled technology shapes the rim to improve material elongation without sacrificing the wheels hardness.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

CIONIDE, the wheel god, annihilates again.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xtylerx
CIONIDE, the wheel god, educates again.
There, fixed it for you.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by nava89
i think im gona sell my wheels for these wheels i like that look
Remember... Unless you're on air I wouldn't recommend running my sizes and offsets.

Quick Reply: xb2's show your rotas!