Notices
Scion xB 2nd-Gen Owners Lounge
Second Generation 2008-2015 [AZE151]

You can drive this or you can drive that !

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and nothings gone wrong with the xb com-on now
Old 08-20-2010, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You know they market that KIA Soul towards the younger generation, and from what I have seen around here, there are more old people driving it than young people. Toyota has been through the same issue, marketing between the Yaris, the Echo and even the Xb, XD there has been more older generations buying them than younger. Toyota just put their FT-86 project on the back burner, because they are scared of not getting enough people interested in it.
And the issue of the gas pedal hasn't been in the news lately. Toyota, has been making quality cars a lot longer than many of the other auto makers, and you can't be on top forever. And even though the genesis platform from Hyundai is making strong inroads to compete finally, it still handles like a Hyundai, rides like a Hyundai and is loud on the interior like a Hyundai, if you read some of the reviews. As the famous quote goes, "you can polish a piece of poop, but it is still a piece of poop." Koreans make a few other good things, but they are still behind in overall quality with if you compare them to Toyota. There is no doubt I love my Xb and I love my Lexus. Totally completely opposites ends of the quality spectrum with in Toyota, but I still love em.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From what I've read to date, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Toyota has an EMI problem with their accelerator control. On the other hand, there is abundant evidence people hit the accelerator when supposedly intending to hit the brakes, and also trap the accelerator with aftermarket floor mats and then can't figure out how to disengage the engine (a CA trooper being a banner example -- what qualifies them as expert drivers?) Let's face it, the bottom line is people are stupid (including Americans) and companies and their products are held accountable for this pervasive populace stupidity on a regular basis.

Perhaps there really is a physical problem with the design of the Soul (though haven't run across it in the Soul Forum I was recently checking out), but I suspect the biggest problem for any vehicle manufacturer is the idiot driver, coupled with the mania among US major greed idiots to initiate law suits with expectations of great dollar fortunes falling their way -- does the word "disgusting" cover it? Well, let's face it, it's the lawyer's bread and butter -- did some one say disgusting?