Notices

2008 xB Alignment Specs from the Dealership Inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

These are my results. Lowered on Tanabe NF210 springs, with Hotchkis sway bars front & rear, rolling on stock tires and rims with a 38 offset.

The CASTER can not be adjusted because it is caused when the rear is lowered 1" more than the front. It causes the top of the strut tower to move backward.

Remember big drops, too high or too low an offset will cause these numbers to be "close" but may still need tweeking to get you right. Good luck, I hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just got aligment done at my local dealer this morning, I have TRD strut, shock, tower bar, Hotchkis F&R sway bar, and Tein H-tech spring. Here is the report they gave me, hope this helps.

Name:  aligment.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  87.1 KB
Old 09-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Wil
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Flawlessly and the posted specs differ. I also have Tanabe NF210 springs. I drove my car for several thousand miles before getting it aligned, a big mistake. Now my Bridgestone Potenza G019's are all four cupped and sing wa-wa bass from 30-60 mph. When I finally took it in NTB got it aligned within their specs which are the same as Flawlessly posted above. Then a granny creased my left rear door and barely bumped my left rear wheel. We settled for getting the door fixed and didn't turn it into the insurance co's because she has had a few fender benders lately. This was a mistake on my part. After she bumped my car NTB cannot get the rear left toe in within spec. They suggest having the a frame shop straighten everything out. The good news it the left toe in is only 0.01 out of spec if you use the posted Toyota specs, the bad news is it is 0.17 out of spec if you use NTB's.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got an alignment, I installed trd springs, struts, and shocks a little over a week ago. Everything looks fine except for the toe on my right rear wheel, its .16 more than the max spec range. Is there anything I should/can do about this? Or is it not a big deal?

Name:  Alignment-1.jpg
Views: 875
Size:  64.2 KB

Last edited by xbBrian; 12-30-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-27-2010, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like to know if there"s anything i can do with the rear aligment kus my tires are wearing choped, and notice the tire to the inside in the top,please some body reply.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you guys ever need something like this just ask,, i can get it for you ... and you don't need a bat..
Old 03-28-2010, 11:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xbBrian
I just got an alignment, I installed trd springs, struts, and shocks a little over a week ago. Everything looks fine except for the toe on my right rear wheel, its .16 more than the max spec range. Is there anything I should/can do about this? Or is it not a big deal?

theres not much you can do about the rear toe,, you can use a huge bar and try to bend the rear beam a tad with the mount bolts loose..

but the front camber is horrible, your car must pull left badly... you should have that fixed, i have mine set at -.3 on both fronts
Old 04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: 2008 xB Alignment Specs from the Dealership Inside!

Well I am dropped on sportlines and I went to have an allignment done and all they could adjust was toe on the front and they stated the rear toe is out of spec. They offered to shim it for me to get that back in spec. So it's going in on Friday. They are installing camber bolts up front to get it in the negative a bit and they are going to shim the rear. I'll keep everybody posted.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i guess they were still looking at the specs from the 04-06 xb and they werent able to shim the rear hubs. however i had them install a cam bolt and they adjusted the camber up front to -.3 on both sides. It drives straight and rides good so i am happy. note... they only installed one cambolt so the left side could match the right side. in the future if i want more camber they can install the other one and dial in more negative camber.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member

Question

Originally Posted by RC-PILOT
We got a new alignment machine at the shop. It's only about a month old. I looked up these specs today. I called my guy at Toyota and they sent me what is posted in the first post, but it's in mm &/or inches. Alignment specs are most always in degrees, so I thought I would post the 2008 & 2009 GEN2 specs. That way if you are in a town that is not up to date on the newest specs, you can print this out and take it to them for them to work off of. I hope this helps, but it will still only be close if you have lowered the vehicle or changed the offset of your wheels. Good luck out there.....let me know if this helps.

One suggestion would be to go get the 3 different cam bolts from Toyota and have them ready for the alignment guy. He will be able to set the camber & the toe, but will need the cam bolts to get it all done. It will save you time in the long run. I would get 2 of each of the 3 cam bolts (6 total), cary this sheet and the 6 bolts to the local alignment guy and get-r-done.

What are the part number(s) for the Toyota cam bolts? Why only 3, not 4?

thanks
Old 12-31-2014, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member

Question

We got a new alignment machine at the shop. It's only about a month old. I looked up these specs today. I called my guy at Toyota and they sent me what is posted in the first post, but it's in mm &/or inches. Alignment specs are most always in degrees, so I thought I would post the 2008 & 2009 GEN2 specs. That way if you are in a town that is not up to date on the newest specs, you can print this out and take it to them for them to work off of. I hope this helps, but it will still only be close if you have lowered the vehicle or changed the offset of your wheels. Good luck out there.....let me know if this helps.

One suggestion would be to go get the 3 different cam bolts from Toyota and have them ready for the alignment guy. He will be able to set the camber & the toe, but will need the cam bolts to get it all done. It will save you time in the long run. I would get 2 of each of the 3 cam bolts (6 total), cary this sheet and the 6 bolts to the local alignment guy and get-r-done.

What are the part number(s) for the Toyota cam bolts? Why only 3, not 4?

thanks