Notices

Pulled the Trigger, FBSS Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member

Default Pulled the Trigger, FBSS Installed!

I finally decided to spend the weekend at my buddys garage and install my FBSS Airride, Hotchkis sway bars, Sustec brace, and TRD tower bar. Im trying to keep the install stealthy as possible so there are still couple items that need to be put in.

To ensure the 1/2 inch line would never be damaged, we decided to route the lines threw the step channels. The driver side comes out of the main grommet behind the gas pedal and the passenger one goes threw the ECU grommet. Both then go directly into the shock well. With wiper shrouds on you cant even see the lines

The rear setup was just to get it running. 5Gal pancake tank and another 380c pump on its way. Just need to figure out where to keep the spare....

Finished!

So far im very happy with the kit. Zero issues but its only day 2. Only pain was the sway links would not budge so we had to mangle them to get it on. Still up in the air doing Sienna shocks for the rear....
Old 12-13-2011, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member

Also there was someone on the boards who hacked up their FBSS controller and installed it in the shifter trim. Anyone know who that was? Would love to do something like that
Old 12-13-2011, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

That's as low as it goes? Maybe just needs different picture angles.
I'm surprised they send out 1/2" air line. Stuff bends as well as a tree branch.

Install looks good, though! Regarding the spare... who needs it!? Throw it in the back seat when you go on long trips!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
That's as low as it goes? Maybe just needs different picture angles.
I'm surprised they send out 1/2" air line. Stuff bends as well as a tree branch.

Install looks good, though! Regarding the spare... who needs it!? Throw it in the back seat when you go on long trips!

The 1/2" was a struggle. I thought about reducing it but its the default size for the kit. Im trying to get a Thule rack and basket then throw the spare in there. You never know.

My phone takes junk pics, maybe this will help. I also need new shoes and lower profile tires.... XD9s this spring!

Old 12-13-2011, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Not too bad. Decently low. I think Easy Street made this kit setup so you could still run a 5Axis lip kit and not tear it off. Good idea, that's for sure.

XD9's are full of win!!! Any ideas on specs? I think aggressive!!! You could probably run 18x10 +20mm all the way around if you wanted to! Would just need to massage the fenders a little!
Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xseveredveganx
Not too bad. Decently low. I think Easy Street made this kit setup so you could still run a 5Axis lip kit and not tear it off. Good idea, that's for sure.

XD9's are full of win!!! Any ideas on specs? I think aggressive!!! You could probably run 18x10 +20mm all the way around if you wanted to! Would just need to massage the fenders a little!
Definetly 18's. x10 +20mm..... How much poke do you think Ill have, assuming thats why you stated the fender massage.
Old 12-13-2011, 04:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=210150

It'll be a bit. You could play it safe with the 18x9 +20mm.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xdivid
Also there was someone on the boards who hacked up their FBSS controller and installed it in the shifter trim. Anyone know who that was? Would love to do something like that
that was GregS. it looked super clean too in the pictures.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by flyingemu05
that was GregS. it looked super clean too in the pictures.
Spent some time the other night and found the pictures of his setup. PMed him and he still has some of the pieces to put it together

I think im going to go with 18 x 9 +20. Seems like a safe bet without having to fight the fenders
Old 12-16-2011, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xdivid
I think im going to go with 18 x 9 +20. Seems like a safe bet without having to fight the fenders
Good luck with that, those wheels are going to poke about 1" up front and 1/2" in the rear.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

With where the car sits, when aired down, the wheels will be poking a little. I'm running more aggressive than that and I'm fine. I think he's about an inch lower than I am. Run a 215/40R18 tire and you should be good.