Notices

swift springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default swift springs

does any one have any info whether or not swift going to make springs for the 2gen xb?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

look into tein
Old 06-03-2008, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why would you look into TEIN if you're already looking at Swift. generally those that are looking at Swift Springs are looking to get a more customized spring rate for their current setup.

unless you're just into lowering springs which then there are alot of options out there. I personally like the Swift Spring option, I've seen alot of good stuff out of Swift on a consistent basis. Best bet would be to contact them as and see if you can get some prototype work done, they are generally behind the ball in getting new product out.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i've tried to contact them a month ago and still doesn't have any reply yet. i like swift more also than tein maybe because my friend use to have tein on his s2k handle real good but quite bouncy then he switch to swift and the s2k tends to handle much better than tein also more comfortbale while he's running on swift. i'll try to bug them till they give me an answer oh btw Go HIN your car looks amazing w/the cusco coilover and luv your car paint scheme
Old 06-10-2008, 12:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks.... i used to work closely w/ the guys over at Swift but lately I dont know whats up over there. Haven't heard much from that camp in the past year. Management was never they're strong point..... but I do have to admit they know spring rates and they detail it exact. I'm not sure an xB would need customized spring rates but then you probably have your own goals.

There's nothing wrong w/ TEIN by all means, its just 2 different types of goals I'd say. TEIN, Tanabe, and all those other lowering springs are in it to provide a nice comfortable ride w/ a nice drop for the xb2. Just make sure you get a shock thats rated for the springs you get so you dont go bottoming out your shocks and blow em' out every 2 months.

With all springs you'll start getting a bounch ride as they get older. Typically everyone is getting lowered springs but they're shocks are still stock shocks which are designed to rebound at a higher height. This degrades the shock dramatically and will then start to put excessive tension on the springs as the shock starts to blow.

I've always liked paring up my springs w/ Koni Yellow's. I've even used KYB's which are much cheaper and they were pretty good as well.