Notices

What is the best Lowering Springs for handling

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 08:13 AM
SL Member

Question What is the best Lowering Springs for handling

I have a 2011 Scion xB and it feels top heavy at highway speeds and I am wondering what would be the best springs for handling but I don't want he car to be scraping on speed bumps. I want my xB to handle like a sports car and I don't care one bit about how comfortable the ride would be.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Springs will make some difference for this but if you really want to improve handling then you should look into beefing up the sway bars, adding chassis braces, and adding strut and shock mount bars. Remember that any lowering spring is going to move the shocks and struts out of the optimum range they are designed to work within.

All that said Tanabe's DF210 will meet your criteria the best.

As for the other stuff have a look at Hotchkis for a larger front and rear sway bar set

TB Performance make a full set of unber body braces and a rear shock tower brace

And finally for the front strut tower there are a couple of difference manufacturers of braces. Pretty much all do the same thing. It is the last piece I would add though because all though it does stiffen up the roll in the front it also adds more under steer over what there is from the factory. If you have done all the above stuff though it is needed to balance out the added over steer that everything gives you.