Fender Rolled?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Default Fender Rolled?

what is it how much does it cost any details on it have seen alot being talked abt but no price or questions abt it?
Old 06-25-2008, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^x2

I help a lot of people with fitment questions (as you all know), but I don't know much in the way of details on fender rolling.

I know what a fender roller does and how it works, but if you don't own a roller (and not many do) how much should it cost to have it done by somebody else?

After it's done, will our fender liners screw back in w/o any problems?

I know you have a real roller NoLimitz, so can you or anybody else help us out with some info here?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2008, 11:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to buy a roller is about $250 from the Eastwood Co. but there is a website which you can rent a roller from
http://www.rollyourfender.com/

i suggest splitting the cost with a few buddies if they need theirs done too...........and be careful not to crack the paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 02:29 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Yes I own a roller. There is a couple things you have to be careful about. One is do not try and rush it. If you try and rush it, it will end up crinkling the paint and screwing up the fender. I have seen alot of people do that. They try and do to much to fast and ends up chipping the paint. It took me about a hour a fender. It sounds like a long time, but I did mine slow and kept changing the angles and all that over and over so I could make sure it was way in there.

Two. Make sure the paint and fender area are very warm. It makes it flexible while you are doing it. I used a heat gun and warmed it up all around the fender. Both inside and out. I used my hand as a guage really. Warm enough to touch but not hot enough that it would mess up the paint. When the paint and metal are warm they will stretch easier.

Here is the last thing I did on mine in there. Not needed, but I did it for that last little bit. I rolled it as far as I could get it. Then I took a small hammer and leaned inside the fender and tapped the metal all the way flat in there. If you do it nice and slow it wont damage anything. Now dont go out and start beating on it cause I did and blame me.. LOL.
Mine is really flat up in there now. The problem area I have now is in the front of the rear fender where the door is. That is where the tire hits now. Because when you compress your suspension you will see the wheels pull forward. so When I hit a good bump it pulls the wheels far enough forward that it hits up there. I am going to mess with that area next.
Well I hope this helps out some. Let me know if you need anymore help.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i really dont want 2 do it myself since i will never do that myself sounds easy but dont want 2 mess it up so how much would this cost?
Old 06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks NoLimitz, very informative.

Originally Posted by Ray18
i really dont want 2 do it myself since i will never do that myself sounds easy but dont want 2 mess it up so how much would this cost?
You might want to post in the Pacific South regional forum asking for a referral in your area for a shop that does fender rolling. (Or just buy tires, wheels and springs that don't require fender rolling.)