Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

canso meone photoshop this? or give an idea

Old 02-06-2012, 11:55 PM

Red face canso meone photoshop this? or give an idea

Just picked this car up the other day and im glad I got an XD, but how it looks is how I bought it, I like the kit but the vinyl doesnt exactly sit with me. Thing iss I cant afford a pain job so I dont know what to do right now. Tempted to have the same vinyl redone just to keep everything matching since the two tone runs together, or get a different vinyl to follow the paint lines. Someone help please lol. Photo shop or an idea would be great.
Who everpainted the car before me did it right though ill admit, the door jams and everything is painted and no short cuts that I can see.
Attached Thumbnails canso meone photoshop this? or give an idea-carside1-2.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

I can't help with photoshop, but I don't think it looks to bad...You could remove the vinyl and pinstripe where the two body lines meet...Silver leaf or whatever it's called...If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your xD? Just curious because I'm tossing around the idea of selling mine...I have quite a bit of stuff done to mine...

Last edited by YELOSUB; 02-08-2012 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member

congrats with the purchase, you will not regret it, almost.
but...

EEEW!!! this vinyls needs to go. id rather have it peeled off and be left with some nasty residue than have that on my xd. lets keep it clean.

(FAST AND THE FURIOUS IS SOoO DONE @_@)
Old 02-08-2012, 05:12 AM

the vinyl was already on it when i bought it. but with the paint scheme thats on it. part of the paint follows the vinyl lines into the other color. so replacing the vinyl or taking it completely off may make it look wierd.
the option im looking into is replacing the vinyl with a different color that will follow the paint line so it doesnt look tacky unless someone has a good replacement idea.

Background on the purchase.
it's a 09 XD 5spd with 17,000 miles and the dealer was originaly asking $15,000 but dropped it down to $12,999 a few weeks later.
traded my 98 mazda b4000 and talked them down to $10,000 at 5%.

I love the XD for its practicality since im in college, changing from a small truck to something with a little more room and better MPG is really nice.

so far from what I can tell, other than the suspension, paint, kit and wheels everything is stock and in really clean condition.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member

lol...fine ill play around with it in photoshop...but i don't know what to do with it. @_@???

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

...obviously.

or why don't you just cover it up with the same paint tone as the barcelona red/or what ever red you have on the upper part of your xd? i can see that working out 'better'.

Last edited by lllphoto_le3; 02-10-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:22 AM

Here's an idea. peel the vinyl off and live with it for a while. You are in college so no money, we get that. You got a great deal on it and you wouldn't have bought if you hated the paint job. Right? Looking at it I see what you are saying about the paint, but without the vinyl it might just be okay.

I'm not sure what part of the country you live in, but around here those wheels won't survive potholes. Save your cash for replacements.

Bill
Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member

i agree with autoOrange, thats what i said as well. id peel that thing off and rather live with it than have that on it. just peel it off.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:37 AM

Thought. About peeling i off but im wondering if there will be any paint damage or fading due tothe vinyl. Thought about maybe going over it with black? But idk, I just want to clean it up.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:13 AM

Hind sight being 20/20 when I was younger I would have peeled it off and figured out next steps from there.

Now I would say It didn't bother me enough not to buy the car and I would leave it on till I finish college and keep it as nice as I can.

In a few years you'll be able to sell it to some high school kid for an extra $1000 because those vinyls make it so fast ;-)

Or you'll be able to afford to remove them and make it look exactly like you want.

My $.02

Congrats on the car and I hope no matter how you approach it you're happy with the results!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From one college student to another, I'd suggest just leaving it as is and look for alternatives to taking off the vinyl. It's not too bad looking but the silver does attract attention. Great purchase though! I love mine but I definitely need to repaint some parts of my car..