Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Exterior trim kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Exterior trim kit

Here is 7 pcs. carbon fiber exterior trim kit Mirror accent,Front+rear door pillar,fuel door but i used just mirror accent and fuel door because i allready got a b-pillar so i still have 4 pcs of b-pillar if some one interest
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Old 12-15-2008, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

is this something youve created on your own? im interested in the fuel door piece.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no here is where i got http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...t=19944&page=1 but you have to pay 30% more from a price that show for a real carbon fiber
Old 12-15-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh dang its the whole kit... haha well then guess ill keep my eye out for a single piece hah. are you giving away the pillars for free? cuz ill take em :D
Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 PM
SL Member

excellent find
Old 12-16-2008, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm sorry but that looks really bad :?

But if you're satisfied with it then that's all that counts.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can someone explain this whole carbon fiber thing to me? I understand it's purpose for weight loss, but why don't you paint it to match your car? Why get it on a fuel door? Side view mirrors? How much weight is there to be lost there?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its essentially about looks. there's no company (that i know of) that works with true CF, they have their products as 80-90% fiberglass, with a SMALL sheet of CF layed on the top. so in essence you aren't saving as much weight as possible. and on top of that, the whole point of a CF body panel is to save weight, why paint it when thats going to add weight? thats the true mentality behind it but now everyones going around with CF overlays or the fiber glass products that just have the single sheet, and theyre just using it for looks. CF is truly used in performance vehicles (such as ferraris, some have a full body as CF) or time attack cars (such as the cyber evo in japan.) but now-a-days, its all fake, and no one in the u.s. uses a true CF product. its a shame.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uskrewed
Can someone explain this whole carbon fiber thing to me? I understand it's purpose for weight loss, but why don't you paint it to match your car? Why get it on a fuel door? Side view mirrors? How much weight is there to be lost there?
same reason people get chrome door handles and chrome hatch accents and such. its just to dress up the car a little and make it look raceier (if thats a word.) i like it.

chrome accent = luxury
carbonfiber accent = raceier

DUH lol

good finde though man. looks laggit.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like TRDxD said I add this trim kit Just for a look it's not help on the weight. I want to mod my xD with black and hot lava color dress with some carbon fiber look. by the way they not much aftermarket parts for xD right now So that's the best I can find for now
Old 01-22-2009, 03:32 AM
SL Member

Well I think it looks good. I was actually considering that, but im going to do some other things before getting that. But how do you think the CF would look on my super white?
Old 01-22-2009, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by imageex
Well I think it looks good. I was actually considering that, but im going to do some other things before getting that. But how do you think the CF would look on my super white?
it wouldnt look bad on super white, but just dont over due it , cf trimmings and hood would look nice on it, and matching wheels of course lol
Old 01-22-2009, 05:39 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
it wouldnt look bad on super white, but just dont over due it , cf trimmings and hood would look nice on it, and matching wheels of course lol
My rims are a black/silver, I think it would look good. I noticed on the CF hood, there is no emblem, Do you think it is at all possible to attach one?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

of course! easiest way to do it is just get the scion emblem (or Netz emblem/emblem of your choice) and just cut off the stubs that are used to slot into the hood. the adhesive on an OEM badge is more than strong enough to hold on the hood.
if anyone is looking for Toyota iSt badge sets PM me, I'll see if i can get you a good deal
Old 01-23-2009, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
My rims are a black/silver, I think it would look good. I noticed on the CF hood, there is no emblem, Do you think it is at all possible to attach one?
oo in that case, go for it! , and yea badges on hood works, your car will completly match! hahaha
Old 04-28-2009, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Kinda sad they list on their site orange CF and i would have gone that route on the RS1 but apparently they dont make it
Old 04-28-2009, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

imo, (towards imageex) i would leave out the CF hood and just get a CF hatch (and take take off the black door trimmings to reveal your white ones) and it'll be hot...i have a knack for a CLLLEEAANN white ride with a true CF hatch...