Notices
Scion xD Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

how do you take out the xd emblem from the back?

Old 12-24-2008, 07:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default how do you take out the xd emblem from the back?

I'm going for the black and white look so I try to get it but I don't wan to brake it let me know thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

heat it up with a hairdrier, then use some fishing line underneath it to "cut" the tape that's holding it to the car
Old 12-24-2008, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i always read about that but...i just used a plastic knife (the kind for "picnics") and stuck it under one side, pried it up a little, then stuck it under the opposing corner, did the same, and then pulled it off with my hands. i used a plastic knife because it has the rolled tops, so it doesnt scratch..haha worked perfect for me, i use it on my rear/front scion badges and the xD badge.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:37 AM
SL Member

Ive taken off my "xD" emblem so far. I have a super white like you, and I went flat black on it, looks damn good. I'm going to put up pictures once I get it all done.

The way I took it off was I had somebody hold a hair dryer up to it the entire time, and I just went underneath it with a piece of floss. After it was off, I used "Goo Remover" to get the extra adhesive off. To reattach it after the drying was done, I used Scotch 3M double stick Mounting Tape. Ive taken it through a car wash so far, and nothing has come loose.

Hope it helped
Old 01-22-2009, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
MN Scions

Originally Posted by imageex
I
The way I took it off was I had somebody hold a hair dryer up to it the entire time, and I just went underneath it with a piece of floss. After it was off, I used "Goo Remover" to get the extra adhesive off. To reattach it after the drying was done, I used Scotch 3M double stick Mounting Tape. Ive taken it through a car wash so far, and nothing has come loose.
that seems to be a good technique. I did it a while back almost the exact same way.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Murbyrne
Originally Posted by imageex
I
that seems to be a good technique. I did it a while back almost the exact same way.
Hey man, nice shots on your Scions, look good.