Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

145 wheel HP Xd Mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

true, we have a decent engine. once some sort of turbo kits hit the market, it's over
Old 12-13-2008, 03:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes it runs Castex, they actually time attack and use it for show. its been tuned to run between 400-500hp
Old 12-13-2008, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

too much HP for a little car. U.S. time attack is still about HP and not balance. so sad. it only needs 200HP and a kick a$$ suspension
Old 12-13-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zefoxe
yes it runs Castex, they actually time attack and use it for show. its been tuned to run between 400-500hp

Videos anyone????
Old 12-13-2008, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I could've sworn the M2 xD was not able to run. :?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

not at United at least.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dunno, thats what I was told from the M2Motoring user on this forum in the discussions we had thru PMs
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 AM

Default Re: 145 wheel HP Xd Mods

Whatever happened to this? I read the thread end to end and it looks like it just died - anyone know what happened?

Originally Posted by dynatek
We have a dyno comparison between our stock 1.8L Dual VVTi motor (Scion Xd) and the same motor equipped with a new intake manifold, dedicated air intake, 2.5-inch cat back and (no cat) off-road pipe. The power output of the 1.8L jumped from 119 wheel hp (Dynojet) to 145 hp, the majority of which came from the new aluminum intake manifold. We hope to have all parts in production and even make the intake manifold emissions legal if sufficient interest exists. We sent an e-mail over to the moderator about advertising our products on this site but have not heard back. We are currently working on a new MAF upgrade and then the low-cost turbo system will be tested. We would like to post the Dynojet graph but aren't sure if it is possible. Any suggestions would be helpful (yes, we did read the posting procedure). Thanks. We can e-mail Jpeg if someone can get it posted.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy crap!

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=245409
Old 05-17-2009, 04:39 PM

+100 im in for this.[/img]
Old 07-27-2009, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know this seem abit late but with some parts that are available now. (injen cai.greddy exhaust, nst pulley, I believe it can make atleast a good 140hp on our little xd lol . btw I talked to the people from m2 at a scion car show and told me the mr2 swap cost about 10k and thats just to get it running. but then your also going to need axles and whatnot.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with enough money, i could put whatever engine i wanted in an xD... i think im finally settling in with the fact that the xD is a dead end, which is fine because i can put money into more important things.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im starting to lose hope too. but im still saving till spring incase if something such as headers come out. who knows. If not, then i guess i can put some bags on my mini truck haha
Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 AM

Finally! You have sobered up Pickle!

It's a crying shame, but the economy killed the xD's chances for aftermarket. There are just too few out there to justify the R&D necessary to make a product (which probably couldn't be sold in the numbers necessary for ROI)

Originally Posted by pickledchang
with enough money, i could put whatever engine i wanted in an xD... i think im finally settling in with the fact that the xD is a dead end, which is fine because i can put money into more important things.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, I dont make much but I didnt get an xd to go nowhere with it. So i'll try to save and go with some lightweight wheels. great tires. throttle response system. coilovers. swaybars.. autocross anyone?
Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
I know this seem abit late but with some parts that are available now. (injen cai.greddy exhaust, nst pulley, I believe it can make atleast a good 140hp on our little xd lol . btw I talked to the people from m2 at a scion car show and told me the mr2 swap cost about 10k and thats just to get it running. but then your also going to need axles and whatnot.

I am the process of building a Monster Miata (V8 Miata usings a 5.0 HO Mustang Motor) and can build the whole car for 10K. Some of these engine swaps are so expensive. For 10k I will have a car that will run 0-60 in 4.5 sec and run the quarter in the 12's. I knew what I was buying when I bought the Xd; a cool little car that is fun to drive, gets great gas millage and handles really well. There are gains to be had as well. I have a Fujita CAI, NST Pulley, lightened wheels, and open up the exhaust (still running stock mufler for noise control) and there is a huge difference over stock. These cars are still a lot of fun and you can drive the ____ out of them.

Last edited by coloskydiver; 08-04-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coloskydiver
I am the process of building a Monster Miata and can build the whole car for 10K. Some of these engine swaps are so expensive. For 10k I will have a car that will run 0-60 in 4.5 sec and run the quarter in the 12's. I knew what I was buying when I bought the Xd; a cool little car that is fun to drive, gets great gas millage and handles really well. There are gains to be had as well. I have a Fujita CAI, NST Pulley, lightened wheels, and open up the exhaust (still running stock mufler for noise control) and there is a huge difference over stock. These cars are still a lot of fun and you can drive the ____ out of them.
thats impressive. keep us updated with that. miata is a nice car to work with . but I can kinda say I seen it coming too when it comes to not making soo much power such as the tc. but despite the economy. im sure this isnt the end for the xd.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I want to avoid forced induction. The 1.8 Xd engine is pretty amazing even in stock form. Back in the day, 1.17 hp/cu. in. was bonafide hot rod territory. Getting that in an econobox was unthinkable. Some proven induction and exhaust mods that the stock computer can handle would be great. The handling of the Xd is about 85% of a MINI but you get to sit upright like an adult.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:19 PM

I HAVE SOME NEWS!!!!

Im a new member but have been trolling the forum for a little bit collecting info on the 2zr-fe motor because its what i'm sporting. I have contacted a few different preformance header companies, one of witch i thought was the infamous dynatek from this post, but was not. . . . . Its a company called Dynatech.

Back to the point at hand, I have been going back and fourth with the Head product manager Greg Fuesler, and he said that they would be willing to make a prototype, Im going to copy and paste the exact E-mail Mr. Fuesler sent me so you guys can see with your own eyes . . . . Here it is . . .

It would all depend on the volume. We would need some sort of commitment
before we would begin a project as such. Typically it would take a 50 set
order before we would consider prototyping. That being said, it would be a
50 set order from one company, etc.

Please let me know if something like this will work.

Greg Fuesler
Dynatech Product Manager / Corporate Sales
A-FAB LLC
PO Box 548
Boonville, IN 47601
Phone 800-848-5850
Email: gafuesler@afcoracing.com
Old 11-16-2010, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ this is why the intake plenum never happened.

Quick Reply: 145 wheel HP Xd Mods