Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Exhaust Question

Does anyone know if there is an exhaust for the xd that sounds like a the Tanabe Concept G on a tc. I just don't want one that sounds too farty or ricy like. Can anyone vouch for one personally? The trd one sounds kinda good. Also, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on an exhaust.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well considering all the exhaust options we have are axle backs you wont be paying much. precisionmufflers' magnaflow canister sounds good, better than the TRD in my opinion. not ricey, just a deep tone. it would be hard to get something that sounds like another car because of the differences in our engines. but from the gist of it, youre looking for a clean and deep tone. theres a DC sports axle back availabe but i havent heard it. go listen to some other DC sports and you'll understand what type of sound you'll be getting (companies tend to go for the same tonal quality with all their exhaust systems) so each one usually has their own unique flavor. hope this helps out! and if you want, i can get you a discount on the DC Sport. send me a PM and let me know
Old 12-24-2008, 06:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
well considering all the exhaust options we have are axle backs you wont be paying much. precisionmufflers' magnaflow canister sounds good, better than the TRD in my opinion. not ricey, just a deep tone. it would be hard to get something that sounds like another car because of the differences in our engines. but from the gist of it, youre looking for a clean and deep tone. theres a DC sports axle back availabe but i havent heard it. go listen to some other DC sports and you'll understand what type of sound you'll be getting (companies tend to go for the same tonal quality with all their exhaust systems) so each one usually has their own unique flavor. hope this helps out! and if you want, i can get you a discount on the DC Sport. send me a PM and let me know
Thanks. I'm gonna pm you for some more info.
Old 12-25-2008, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trd is good, clean look (not rice), doesnt "hang", deep sound, but dont expect much power
Old 12-25-2008, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sholdn't expect much power from any of these options. its not a full cat back system, and even then you shuoldnt expect a vastly noticeable boost in power haha but..the sound is good and it technically does free up a small amount of resistance so..more efficient
Old 01-14-2009, 06:34 AM
SL Member

My decison was between the precision muffler and the trd. I got the precision, i will put a video up soon https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=244473