Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

NST Announces new pulley linup for the Scion xD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

+ 1000000

the nagging question everyone wants to know once and for all! glhf, and lets see what our car can do.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ohcrap
Called today, Anthony says they were delayed because they had to order me another intake gasket but got it this morning and were planning to dyno this afternoon. IF it makes decent power, the mani will go into production by Sicki. Let's hope for the best, I'm picking up my car tomorrow with the new mani, NST pulley, and new (quieter hopefully) exhaust. IF the mani makes good power, I'll start a new thread with pics and dyno. If not... I'll cry... then just be happy with the greatly improved throttle response and little bit of extra hp.
I am always hungry for new performance parts. So post anything you find out, and if there's a way I may preorder such a part.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone else interested in an awesome crank pulley upgrade?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:25 PM

Mike, Can square me away sir... I've read yes and no to an alternator pulley...? Do you have this for the xD now?

Just got my crank pulley from you @ Scion Expo in Houston... Still need to put it on. Havin a helluva time getting the alternator to rotate to loosen up the belt. That sucker is on there good! Had everything all tore down and ready to go on and it wouldn't budge...!

Any Ideas?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you need an impact gun. air or electric should be good. 250 ft lbs should take it off in a snap.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Yang
you need an impact gun. air or electric should be good. 250 ft lbs should take it off in a snap.
On the alternator...!?

I've lossed the mech. tensioner on it... infact completely took it off, long bolt, mount botl and slider. The only bolt left in it I can see is the pivot bolt at the bottom... It won't budge...! Tried to pry it lightly but theres no real place to get any leverage without crushin or marring something...!!!???

On the Crank..., yes, gonna have to get a impact of some sort... I put my wrench on it and spun the whole engine... LOL looked at it and said "Well **** , that ain't gonna work!!!" LOL
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sawgunner6
On the alternator...!?

I've lossed the mech. tensioner on it... infact completely took it off, long bolt, mount botl and slider. The only bolt left in it I can see is the pivot bolt at the bottom... It won't budge...! Tried to pry it lightly but theres no real place to get any leverage without crushin or marring something...!!!???

On the Crank..., yes, gonna have to get a impact of some sort... I put my wrench on it and spun the whole engine... LOL looked at it and said "Well **** , that ain't gonna work!!!" LOL
That does not sound normal bud! That thing should loosen pretty easily...

And no, we do not offer an ALT pulley for the xD. Crank pulley only.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here.. but.. The crank pulley is weighted for a reason.. It helps balance the crankshaft and rotating assembly. It's part of the balanced assembly that keeps the engines crank
in check from causing too much vibration and stress which can lead to bearing failure. Many times the stock crank is also a harmonic balancer which is two halfs sandwiched with rubber in between to help dampen the vibrations. Some are internally balanced but the crank and flywheel work together to keep things from vibrating apart.
By lightening the weight on the front of the crank.. you are inducing more stress on the crank which over time will take its toll on other parts of the bottom end.. Just some food for thought here...
Old 07-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikem53
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here.. but.. The crank pulley is weighted for a reason.. It helps balance the crankshaft and rotating assembly. It's part of the balanced assembly that keeps the engines crank
in check from causing too much vibration and stress which can lead to bearing failure. Many times the stock crank is also a harmonic balancer which is two halfs sandwiched with rubber in between to help dampen the vibrations. Some are internally balanced but the crank and flywheel work together to keep things from vibrating apart.
By lightening the weight on the front of the crank.. you are inducing more stress on the crank which over time will take its toll on other parts of the bottom end.. Just some food for thought here...
No need for anyone to worry. NonStopTuning has done extensive research and development with Toyota, Scion, Lotus, Nissan, Honda, etc. engines over the past decade or so. In each case, we design and develop pulleys that will provide excellent performance gains while keeping things in proper working condition.

And you don't need to take our word for it. There are SEVERAL threads here on Scion Life going back to 2005 when the Scion brand launched. There are THOUSANDS of reviews from actual NST pulley owners across multiple platforms. No cases of issue or engine failure when NST pulleys have been used.

MIKE @ NST
Old 09-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone else want an awesome pulley to increase HP, increase TQ, and increase MPG?!

MIKE @ NST
Old 10-25-2011, 08:18 PM

Does exactly what he says it does. Just had mine installed today and already noticing a big difference.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TierAngst
Does exactly what he says it does. Just had mine installed today and already noticing a big difference.

Thank you, thank you! We've been saying exactly that, for the past five or six years! Enjoy your new toy.

NST pulley juggler

MIKE @ NST
Old 12-26-2011, 02:15 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Merry Christmas friends and fans! Did you get a gift card / cash this year?
Call us tomorrow (12-26-11) to spend it with NonStopTuning and we'll offer you a $10.00 instant rebate, as a thank you!

281-917-0221 ...www.NonStopTuning.com...

MIKE @ NST
Old 12-26-2011, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you get a gift card this year?
Call us TODAY (12-26-11) to spend it with NonStopTuning and we'll offer you a $10.00 instant rebate,
as a thank you!

281-917-0221 ...www.NonStopTuning.com...

MIKE @ NST
Old 02-22-2012, 02:33 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The NST Crank Pulley for the Scion xD is in stock and ready for immediate shipping:
http://www.nonstoptuning.com/NSTPULL...tToySciXD.html

Anyone interested?!

MIKE @ NST
Old 02-25-2012, 11:24 AM

Any Special deals for Forum members going on or planned in the near future?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:28 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mikejsmith1985
Any Special deals for Forum members going on or planned in the near future?
Our pulleys are currently priced as low as they can possibly go. Our best deals are listed on our website for all our customers.

Thanks again!

MIKE @ NST
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 PM

I just wanted to post here to let people know this is an excellent upgrade for your xD. This is by far the best mod I have on my car. The additional gas mileage is real, not a joke or over stated. I have been getting an average of an additional 1.8-2.2 mpg better with the pulley and I tend to drive fairly hard. The engine revs up faster and there is a little more useable power. I figure at this point the part has basically paid for itself in better gas mileage.

I've had the pulley on my car for about 20k miles and I've had no negative side effects. I installed it based on the instructions in this thread and with the help of a friend who had the appropriate tools. Taking off the OEM pulley was by far the most difficult part of the installation and I would NOT want to try to install this part without an strong impact wrench. The rest of it is just taking your time and being careful.

If I had another xD, I would buy one of these for it without hesitation. I highly recommend this product!
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rike
I just wanted to post here to let people know this is an excellent upgrade for your xD. This is by far the best mod I have on my car. The additional gas mileage is real, not a joke or over stated. I have been getting an average of an additional 1.8-2.2 mpg better with the pulley and I tend to drive fairly hard. The engine revs up faster and there is a little more useable power. I figure at this point the part has basically paid for itself in better gas mileage.

I've had the pulley on my car for about 20k miles and I've had no negative side effects. I installed it based on the instructions in this thread and with the help of a friend who had the appropriate tools. Taking off the OEM pulley was by far the most difficult part of the installation and I would NOT want to try to install this part without an strong impact wrench. The rest of it is just taking your time and being careful.

If I had another xD, I would buy one of these for it without hesitation. I highly recommend this product!

Thank you!

Very glad to have your review.

Thanks again, best of luck with all your projects!

MIKE @ NST
Old 04-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In stock and ready for immediate shipping.
FREEEE USPS PRIORITY MAIL THIS MONTH!!!

MIKE @ NST

Quick Reply: NST Announces new pulley linup for the Scion xD!!!