Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

power underated on xD?? look here for the reality

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turner
no ur looking at it the wrong way. I think its funny how people pay more money for a faster car but they cant get them to run fast. They run around the street thinking they are the hot thing but I like to bring reality to the table.
Yeah......... I think if you wanna play that card then think about this. a V-6 mustang is faster than a scion. you can get one for about 2,500 used. Or you could buy a fox body mustang GT for about 5,000. Say you hold out and get a 93 model with a 5.0 for about 4,500 - 6,000 depending on the condition that will destroy scions, civics, mercedes, and bemmers.......... dont be that guy bringing money in a car race.... I woulda won if i paid 21.000 but i get better gas mileage.... Geo metros get 50 with the A/C on and you can find them all day for about 2,500. don't be that guy
that is your opinion. I was talking about new vehicles anyhow. Mustangs are horrible cars to race unless u just intend to mash the gas pedal and hold the steering wheels strait. V-6 mustangs? Tell me you are joking. So much suspension work needs to be done to make Mustangs take a turn.

In my xA I chase down Cobras with 500hp wearing Hoosiers, my xA wearing Nittos. here:

http://www.get-fast.net/nasacross/052508res.htm

the xD, with the same tires and some weight removed would have no problem doing the same.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you just went from drag race to auto-x. mustang is a horrible choice for auto-x. the vids were drag and thats what the converstaion is about. and yes even a girly v-6 stang would beat a scion in a drag race. but you couldn't pay me to auto-x one.

comparing auto-x times to drag times is apples to oranges. but i stated that you said it was dumb to pay more money for a civic SI than your scion because you beat them in a drag. my point is you payed triple what you could get for something that would run faster..... i'm no mustang fan or anything i just know you can get alot of power for cheap with them.... just making a point.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, if all you want is power..sure you can get cheap power. Sometimes people spend more time in their car and enjoy things like a fully functional HVAC unit with no leaks, or a nice comfortable seat with no holes from the excessive rub from you being sunken back in your seat. Stop bickering, no one wants to hear you anymore.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by turner
you just went from drag race to auto-x. mustang is a horrible choice for auto-x. the vids were drag and thats what the converstaion is about. and yes even a girly v-6 stang would beat a scion in a drag race. but you couldn't pay me to auto-x one.

comparing auto-x times to drag times is apples to oranges. but i stated that you said it was dumb to pay more money for a civic SI than your scion because you beat them in a drag. my point is you payed triple what you could get for something that would run faster..... i'm no mustang fan or anything i just know you can get alot of power for cheap with them.... just making a point.
ahh, point taken. the only v-6 mustangs though that are faster than Scions are the new generation ones, and even used are still around the price or more of a Scion. The older v-6 mustangs run 16's, believe me , I know. My xA normally aspirated 4 years ago was faster than my best friends v-6 stang, in a strait line.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

normally or naturally aspirated?
Old 06-30-2008, 02:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol i did say "normally" didnt I... me and english never got along.