Notices
Scion xD Drivetrain & Power Engine and transmission discussions...

Weapon-R 4-2-1 Street header !

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice, did you notice any difference in power?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or final pics nd vid? Lol
Old 09-27-2010, 11:44 PM

yea the car did go faster but not a lot i think will do a dyno on it later
i could snap some more pics later 2
Old 10-13-2010, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone seen dyno numbers on these? Don't get me wrong, I think they're cool but sorta wondering if Weapon-R found that they lost power (as some aftermarket headers do) and that's why they're not in regular production runs... just a thought.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey ohcrap (haha)

you have a full exhaust right. how much did it cost you?
I want mines connected to my axle back. before headers.

btw check in the xd general discussion forum. trying to get a few xd's around the area to have a meet in the future
Old 10-14-2010, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
hey ohcrap (haha)

you have a full exhaust right. how much did it cost you?
I want mines connected to my axle back. before headers.

btw check in the xd general discussion forum. trying to get a few xd's around the area to have a meet in the future
Yeah, I'm definitely down, I was the only xD at the one Scikotics meet I went to. But it'll be a couple of weeks, my car is at JE getting a custom intake manifold, custom 4-2-1 race headers, cat-delete downpipe, upgraded fuel pump, and fuel rail (the other Steve from Scikotics works there). Was going to do wet-nitrous too but James recommended I wait so they can get good dyno numbers for each component - hopefully they'll make some power. He said they did a similar set up on a Lotus and the race headers/cat-delete alone yielded 16 hp. Thanks BTW for telling me about JE.

I had my cat-back done at Mandrell Bending Solutions not far from us. It was pretty expensive, $950 but some of that was extra labor because they initially did it with no resonator (way to loud), and it is mandrell bent and full stainless. Then again, even after the 14inch resonator...still fairly annoying drone at low speeds but sounds cool wide open.

Hey did you do the Weapon-R headers, dying to get more opions about power, sound, etc. They sure look nice, too bad no one can see them in the engine bay.

Wingleung9, how about an update? Still like'em? Sound any different? Really great how-to btw, well done!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ohcrap
Yeah, I'm definitely down, I was the only xD at the one Scikotics meet I went to. But it'll be a couple of weeks, my car is at JE getting a custom intake manifold, custom 4-2-1 race headers, cat-delete downpipe, upgraded fuel pump, and fuel rail (the other Steve from Scikotics works there). Was going to do wet-nitrous too but James recommended I wait so they can get good dyno numbers for each component - hopefully they'll make some power. He said they did a similar set up on a Lotus and the race headers/cat-delete alone yielded 16 hp. Thanks BTW for telling me about JE.
Dude. You serious? When are they gonna be done making the intake mani? Nd how much was it? lol. wouldnt it need to get tuned?

Last edited by xD_kidd91; 10-14-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

aww mann i can't wait for it to come out..if it does..lol
Old 10-14-2010, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lets hope it comes through
Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Went by on Monday, James showed me the CAD design of the mani, materials are in, fab should have started yesterday (looks really cool). Doing a baseline dyno then once installed along with upgraded fuel pump and fuel rail, dyno and see if tuning is necessary. Then, he said I'll drive it for a couple hundred miles then bring it back for re-evaluation. If design doesn't need changes and it makes decent power, will go to Sickky for production. For me because of R&D, $1500 for the mani; his guess if it goes into production, around $800. But let's see if it makes power, needs tuning, etc.

Also hoping they'll go ahead and start the design process this week for the 4-2-1 headers and cat-delete but hopefully I'll get an update tomorrow afternoon.

I'll start a new thread soon if initial results look promising and post some pics.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like good news! im sure we are all on our knees praying this turns out. too many times has stuff like this just gone out with a puff of smoke.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Went by on Monday, James showed me the CAD design of the mani, materials are in, fab should have started yesterday (looks really cool). Doing a baseline dyno then once installed along with upgraded fuel pump and fuel rail, dyno and see if tuning is necessary. Then, he said I'll drive it for a couple hundred miles then bring it back for re-evaluation. If design doesn't need changes and it makes decent power, will go to Sickky for production. For me because of R&D, $1500 for the mani; his guess if it goes into production, around $800. But let's see if it makes power, needs tuning, etc.

Also hoping they'll go ahead and start the design process this week for the 4-2-1 headers and cat-delete but hopefully I'll get an update tomorrow afternoon.

I'll start a new thread soon if initial results look promising and post some pics.
you should start a thread but damn. thanks a bunch for opening new doors for the xd. I couldnt r&d cause of school and work. can ii be there for the dyno? haha .hopefully it gets done fast. I can see this box hitting 150+hp n/a

Last edited by xD_kidd91; 10-14-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:14 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it is indeed but I'm ok with having some fun with my xD while I still have it... have my heart set on a 135m when they're available early next year.Meanwhile, I'm going to turn my xD into a show car, nothing over the top but I plan to transform it quite a bit in the next couple of months. And sure come on by JE whenever, my black xD is the only one there although I'm not sure when the dyno's will take place. I'll let you know when they complete the prototype.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it is indeed but I'm ok with having some fun with my xD while I still have it... have my heart set on a 135m when they're available early next year.Meanwhile, I'm going to turn my xD into a show car, nothing over the top but I plan to transform it quite a bit in the next couple of months. And sure come on by JE whenever, my black xD is the only one there although I'm not sure when the dyno's will take place. I'll let you know when they complete the prototype.
Ok sweet. I'm excited. Ii want to see numbers lol
Old 11-13-2010, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
Ok sweet. I'm excited. Ii want to see numbers lol
any news?
Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by thebarber
any news?
Still waiting, JE has had my car for 2 months now! I visited it today and saw the intake still has no runners and is sitting unceremoniously on top of my radiator in their shop. The people there are nice, and I'm sure they are good at what they do, but damn... I want my fricken car back, intake or not . Oh, and they haven't even started on the headers and catless downpipes, but as it turns out, that's good news because I just got a notice in the mail that I have to do an emissions test.

I was going to have them do a lot of other work too, but hec at the rate they're going, I wouldn't see my car for a year. Pretty bummed.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:51 PM

i know this is a little off topic but......

I am a new member, but i have been trolling this, and alot of other forums, collecting info on the 2zr-FE engine and finding ways to make it preform like we all know it can......much better. Its been real hard. My latest search was for preformance headers for the 2zr-fe and i have been personally e-mailing alot of preformance header manufacturers. I have recently been e-mailing back and fourth with the head product manager of Dynatech Greg Fuesler, and as of today this is the exact e-mail he sent me . . . .

It would all depend on the volume. We would need some sort of commitment before we would begin a project as such. Typically it would take a 50 set order before we would consider prototyping. That being said, it would be a 50 set order from one company, etc.
Please let me know if something like this will work.

Greg Fuesler
Dynatech Product Manager / Corporate Sales
A-FAB LLC
PO Box 548
Boonville, IN 47601
Phone 800-848-5850
Email: gafuesler@afcoracing.com

So i was thinking that if there are enough people interested to get an order of 50 together, maybe we could get the ball rolling on preformance parts for the 2zr-fe, maybe even eventually a decent turbo kit or 2 will hit the streets, bottom line is . . . . . The 2zr-FE is in the matrix,corolla,yaris,Scion XD, and the Pontiac Vibe . . . . . there has to be enough people interested to get an order of 50, all we hafta do is find eachother and make it happen
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you serious 2months? I thought by now you be test driving your car to make sure it would run well after couple of miles... thats disappointing. they should of been straight forward as to how long it would take. I would be furious. but did they say when it would be done?

and I think people or atlas xd owners are starting to just give up with more performance cause its getting no where. as for headers, fortunately weapon r made one for our cars.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i searched google yesterday for xd headers....looks like dc sports is showing one on their site now....
Old 11-16-2010, 06:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw isn't that the same company with dynatek who disappeared? intake mani and im in.

Quick Reply: Weapon-R 4-2-1 Street header !