Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Scion xD Boosting problems..

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 05:13 PM

babe, (sawgunner)

i think what were gonna have to do is go with the turbo. not only that NO ONE makes a supercharger for Baby D plus doesnt Super run off a belt? where the hell would we put it?? where the Collector was? also, the Weapon R header that we're gonna get could be made into a Turbo Mani right?

I cant wait til we dig around in Diesels hood. :D
LOVE YOU!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my dad told me to hold off till tax season after winter cause sometimes deres less work over winter and possibly could use the money .. which makes sense.. prolly after taxes ii mite go all out. Have to be patient tho =(
Old 09-13-2010, 04:27 AM

u can buy electronic super chargers for any car, works the same way...put it in your intake hose and its a fan that pushes more air into ur car...not too expensive either
Old 12-14-2010, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

micro, where you at? You still boostin' the D'? Whats the latest news? Update us please...
Old 12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

where did you guys get your turbo mani for the xd??
Old 12-20-2010, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the ones that are turbo out there are all custom work anyone can turbo the D if you have the money or the know how to fab up your own kit it would be nice if someone came out with a kit for our car
Old 12-27-2010, 02:14 PM

My fiance ordered my turbo and should be in in 3 weeks. if you guys want i can post the process.... ???
Old 12-27-2010, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Yea since the original posters have disappeared
Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ambers Baby D
My fiance ordered my turbo and should be in in 3 weeks. if you guys want i can post the process.... ???

where did you get the turbo manifold, or the turbo kit???

yelosub, did you boost your xd??
Old 12-27-2010, 09:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

yelosub, did you boost your xd??[/quote]

I tried, long story...Here is the thread: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160709
Old 12-29-2010, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh i see, do you know if the xd headers are compatible with any other headers??
Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 PM

MICROBG!! We need you back in the mix, I'm getting ready to start dumping some money into my "D" for Project-Boost. Need to know how your doing...!

The only header(s) that I know of specifically for the xD are the Weapon R & DC-Sports. To the best of my knowledge (DC-S) still has not come to market with their's. No CEL eliminator required with the Weapon-R, this is the header I'll be using to start my turbo-mani. Custom fab required! DOH!
Old 01-10-2011, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sawgunner6
MICROBG!! We need you back in the mix, I'm getting ready to start dumping some money into my "D" for Project-Boost. Need to know how your doing...!

The only header(s) that I know of specifically for the xD are the Weapon R & DC-Sports. To the best of my knowledge (DC-S) still has not come to market with their's. No CEL eliminator required with the Weapon-R, this is the header I'll be using to start my turbo-mani. Custom fab required! DOH!
Take it to your reliable local shop to custom fab one. Log stlye will do the job.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM

On the header/turbo-mani, won't need to, decided to do a remote set up in the rear where the MagnaFlow is. Theres pleanty of room there and the constantly cool location will be a HUGE beny. Just want the Weapon-R header to have reliable exhaust breaths hitin the hotside turbine face, better flow characteristics, etc. I'll post pics when I start. If anyone has microbg's phone hit him up and get him back on... need to know whats up with his non-tune....
Old 01-17-2011, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by sawgunner6
On the header/turbo-mani, won't need to, decided to do a remote set up in the rear where the MagnaFlow is. Theres pleanty of room there and the constantly cool location will be a HUGE beny. Just want the Weapon-R header to have reliable exhaust breaths hitin the hotside turbine face, better flow characteristics, etc. I'll post pics when I start. If anyone has microbg's phone hit him up and get him back on... need to know whats up with his non-tune....

What pump are you going to be using to pipe oil back to the oil pan? And where are you going to be tapping to pull oil from? I've got the turbo, just need to fab everything up to do the same set-up that you are doing. I'm hoping, when it is done, to only pull about 6.5 lbs of boost. Let me know what you're up to, maybe we can help each other out! BTW, where are you getting the WR header? I thought about doing the same, and deleting the catalytic converter... make sure as much gas can get back as hot and quick as possible.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by DeathMachine
What pump are you going to be using to pipe oil back to the oil pan? And where are you going to be tapping to pull oil from? I've got the turbo, just need to fab everything up to do the same set-up that you are doing. I'm hoping, when it is done, to only pull about 6.5 lbs of boost. Let me know what you're up to, maybe we can help each other out! BTW, where are you getting the WR header? I thought about doing the same, and deleting the catalytic converter... make sure as much gas can get back as hot and quick as possible.
On the WR header... straight from WR. I've been speaking with Chris Wanstrath, Sales Mgr for WR, CHRIS.WANSTRATH@WEAPON-R.COM. The pn# is 953-116-109, this link should take you there: http://www.weapon-r.com/index.php?ac...roduct&id=1965

Pump and tap location... No idea yet on the tap location. I've seen a couple of remote set-ups, none on xD's, so I'm still doing research on that. The pump is going to be a unit from STS - Squires Turbo Systems. I may just have to buy the whole "Universal" set up to get the pump. Unsure if they will sell me just the pump. The other issue I just saw today not minutes ago, I had the D up on the lift, is that there is zero space to run the intake/intercooler piping from the rear he front without it 1.) being seen hanging under the car and 2.) getting scrapped on everything. My D is sitting low on DF210's. I'm thinking of having the under body portion of the piping bent/squashed to an oval for that length of the piping. Shouldn't matter at all, it will still be carrying the same volume of air whether its flat, round or square...LOL. Ya dude as I progress I'll keep you in the loop. I'm not a turbo professional, nor am I a novice ***, but it's going to be slow, I'm not a custom shop. I'm just regular ricer guy with money every two weeks to keep my life going. I'm gonna buy the kit in affordable pieces and when I have it all together BAM it's on. Scares me after reading yellowsub's Turbo fiasco though. The install will be gravy up until tune time. Thats why we need to find a way to get "microbg" back in the mix. I really done want base, I want bang! reliable bang. and it seems to get anywhere near 250 it's gonna have to be tunned.... Stock injectors?
Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

As far as the pump goes, I'm researching using a small gerotor pump to get the oil out of the turbo and back to the pan. I've also been back and for with some guys at work (I work for O'Reilly Auto Parts) and some of our vendors trying to get a reliable one. The reason I'm going that route is because it can handle high-temperature liquids, and pumps with diaphragm can not...

Also, I'm running on DF's myself, but running oval piping didn't occur to me! Thats a fantastic idea for the rear-mount setup. I've also considered just running smaller intake piping underneath the car and stepping up inside the engine bay. I know its kind of a ridiculous idea, but if it works it works! The only other issue I can see with rear mount, especially with how low both of us ride, is air filter placement... I can totally see that turbo gettin thirsty on a rainy day...
Old 01-18-2011, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by DeathMachine
As far as the pump goes, I'm researching using a small gerotor pump to get the oil out of the turbo and back to the pan. I've also been back and for with some guys at work (I work for O'Reilly Auto Parts) and some of our vendors trying to get a reliable one. The reason I'm going that route is because it can handle high-temperature liquids, and pumps with diaphragm can not...

Also, I'm running on DF's myself, but running oval piping didn't occur to me! Thats a fantastic idea for the rear-mount setup. I've also considered just running smaller intake piping underneath the car and stepping up inside the engine bay. I know its kind of a ridiculous idea, but if it works it works! The only other issue I can see with rear mount, especially with how low both of us ride, is air filter placement... I can totally see that turbo getting thirsty on a rainy day...
Rainy days... there are several half moon water guards out on the market that I have been looking at. Also unless it immersed in water (a puddle) I think spray will be okay as long as we're using an oiled non-gauze type filter. Think of the water guard like this, a coffee can laid on it's side cut in half with the open side to the underside of the car and the cone sitting inside of that. it would almost be like heat shielding except it's water shielding. I was just under there today, theres a bit of room, it will be tight but there is enough, way more than the engine bay. Also, there is a bit of roombehind the tail lamps, there are places where we can get it high and dry.

Small diameter piping... Hummmm, I don't know dude. Looking under there while it's on it's feet you can see the cat and flex pipe on the exhaust pipe, and that is in the recessed portion of the car. I'm thinkin anything that is not flat is gonna hit everything and it'll look HORRIBLE! It sucks, cuz we don't have a frame rail to hide the piping behind...LOL I don't know about you, but the highest part of the underside of my car might be 6 inches tall. The only other option and I don't know if it is one, is to run it along side the exhaust pipe for those 3 - 4 feet down the exhaust tunnel, and that will make the air hotter, so we'd be defeating one of the purposes of a remote mount and that's less heat, colder charge. I'm still gonna run mine through an inter-cooler, you don't have to, but it's gonna make it even colder. I gotta figure out how to crush the pipe without splitting it if it's aluminum. If the pipe is plastic I think it'll be supper easy. Just heat it up real good an uniformly flatten it. Lemme know what you find out on the oil feed tap-in and the pump bro, I would think a constant velocity pump would be way more effective than a diaphragm, I'm sure I don't want to use one of those that is stroking several hundred degree oil rather than flowing it. Also, the oil pan on out car is about the size of a toddler cereal bowl. Were gonna have to find a wet journal I think. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong please. DM, Go check out the STS Site. Good info there...

http://www.ststurbo.com/universal_turbo_systems