Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Untouchbles turbo setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Untouchbles turbo setup

Could anyone possibly tell me the turbo setup on Untouchbles car, messaged him twice(Once on car domain, once on here) but he hasnt told me the info on the setup. I figured wow, its cool that theres no turbo out for the xD yet, but maybe since this guy turbo'd his he'd be willing to tell me what parts he used. No information has been given to me yet. So i was wondering if anyone else knew his setup. I'd really like to turbo the xD.

Thanks, Nick
Old 10-04-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive gotten some pms from him a while back... hes basically got a custom manifold he made using a last gen celica gt fittings and pipe, using tC injectors, with a fifth hooked up to the intake ran by a pressure switch for extra fuel at higher boost levels. think hes using a t3/t4 with .48/.53 trims. dont know much else besides that.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Banned
SL Member

Sweet, thanks for filling me in :D
Old 10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no prob. i think hes been running up to 9lbs on the factory ecu. not sure if hes running fuel management or not yet.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

He is running fuel management I think... The stock tC injectors go static really early without it and that would lead to a dramatic loss in power...

I think though if he does much more boost on the xD than what he has he'll detonate a cylinder something nasty. The xD runs a returnless fuel system, and that spells trouble at high boost/power levels. If one goes, it'll be cylinder four...

Not to mention if it gets much more boost he's gonna start actually BREAKING internal parts I think. The 2ZR-FE is a good strong engine, just needs a few tweaks here and there...
Old 10-06-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

from the turbotoyotas thread, he posted he was not running an ECU:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...03030&start=20

mine is currently at 12 psi 243 hp LoL GT30

btw stock internals, with no ECU lol

maybe he is now, i dunno. he had PMed me that he was using tC injectors from an 05, about 340cc (not sure if thats stock or not), and that he had a 5th hooked up on the intake that opened by a pressure switch.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There were 2 Turbo xD's in Puerto Rico. Untouchbles mechanic had the first turbo xD and then they copied the set up on his car.

As it's be told here... he was and is running with no engine management at all... the car was not tuned. All the hardware was custom made.

They got to run the car up to 12psi.

They used TC injectors and a larger fith injector to supply the fuel.

I saw videos of the car ona drag strip and it was really fast.

Not sure how they get it to run fine with no EM. Is it safe? I would say NO. Did they do it? Yes.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, safe or not, its somewhat good news... if the car didnt explode at 12 psi, im sure it would do just fine at 6psi on the stock ECU and internals - though it really would be better, obviously, to have some kind of engine management. like deathmachine said, im pretty sure the 2ZR-FE is a strong engine... id really like to see some photos of what our stock rods look like and how thick our cylinders are.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Sounds like we need to start scouring junkyards for wrecked xDs and take an engine and pull that SOB apart...
Old 10-11-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

or matrix/corolla/vibe
Old 10-12-2008, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Vibe doesn't use the same engine does it? I thought that the only thing GM leased for design for that was the basic body, chassis and wiring?
Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope those are Toyota engines in them bad boys. The GT even has the tC motor.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zefoxe
Nope those are Toyota engines in them bad boys. The GT even has the tC motor.
you mean camry motor.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
SL Member

hi dudes!!!! sorry but i don't log much on this site...anyways, i ran 12 psi, the reason i dont have returned fuel to the tank is that on early starts the fuel that the car remains goes away that's why scion for early start doesnt have returned fuel so the fuel still there when ever u want to start, my mechanic made an returned fuel for many xB's first generation but they seeme to lost more than 15 hp at the wheels, and at early mornings the cars won't start, guys, my first language is spanish sorry that i don't express myself in perfect terms but i don't speak english everyday, hehehe, on other terms, because of my turbo addiction the car was at 15 psi, didn't know what ran because at 10 psi was on 12 the gas mixture so was running little rich on 12 psi imagine 15 psi, the second run ran and started a huuuggeee smoke on the engine, i had to wait for christmas vacation for my mechanic to open his shop, when we openned my engine the piston rings where broken and the piston #2 was cracked, anyways i have every photo of the engine by it's part and currently waiting on toyota to send me new pistons, waiting the shipment since january 9th, imagine how ____ed i am hope to get them tomorrow but i live on puerto rico, guys i have an modified manifold of celica 1zz, the fifth injector now is 577cc from a stage 2 srt-4, runs by a pressure switch think of it like a NOS system and makes sense, guys the 2zr will run safe at 12 psi with an additional injector for 630cc rx7 i am planning on getting that injector, and want to install an apex neo, to help my fuel, i don't care about vvti stuff like that just want my mixture to be better, i contacted the people of world racing and telling my problem and currently waiting for their advice, i have an xrs ACT disc and plate runs great!!! last car i ran was an 350z track edition 300 hp LSD and the guy was verryyy impressed 3 cars from second gear till fifth 'cause everybody know turbo FWD don't do well, i have my stock ecu, for those of u i had an stage 2 mitsubishi evo 9 injectors 750cc, and car ran well but in fourth gear the stock ecu went to safe mode and the car i swear to GOD sounded like an boxer engine, just turn off the car and start again problem solved, so...750 is too much for the ecu, guys at 6 psi for me it's too little start on 8 psi with an cherokee injector 550c believe me my mechanic did 13.5 on 1/4 on tC special edition 18 rims with yokohama parada tires at 10 psi of pressure, any questions i'll be looking on this post!! peace out!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

great info!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
SL Member

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2919023/8

for those of u want to see my engine...
Old 01-20-2009, 09:00 PM
SL Member

guys for those of u, most of my parts are used except the w/g, and the prosport gauges dynomax super turbo exhaust, hks ssq bov, fittings braided fuel lines etc... are new, the injectors, turbo garrett, aerospeed i/c, all of that is used hole spend on my parts, mechanic, and presurizing the hole turbo system with the exhaust 2,000 (not lying!!!), tearing apart cars like s2000, rx8, 350z, g35, nissan sentras spec-v turbo!!!, modified evos, sti, wrx modified, priceless, watching an echo, yaris, xb, civics, xrs, tC, NOS lancer ralliarts thinking ur n/a, in my sleeper mode to die for!!! lol

again, i have lost, to an crx, rsx-s with ALL ALL ALL the n/a parts, not kidding spended like 10,000 on parts for those of u know the hondas aren't cheap, and to run with a turbo head to head all the gears, i said he was going to win, we ran until 5th gear i swear i thought i was going to die or that my pads weren't going to stop, i was on front every gear for a bumper, he still had the 6th gear, nice car, but too much money spent, i ran with an evo x a friend of mine did 11.9 on a 1/4, on second his AWD and my tires didn't had grip he was about 1 1/2 car, but...on third i was on his rear bumper he told me he topped speed at 150, all our gears the same, didn't ran a second run 'cause the cops were all over the other 10 cars on the highway with us, but his face says it all evo x modified, not tunned SCION xD LOL guys ur xD are begging for it boost THEM!!

p.s. of course i refreshed my turbine, changed to a bigger i/c (even with a bigger one don't have any!!! turbo lag), changed my w/g to a TIal, stuff like that i thinks doesn't need to be talked about cause i consider it an update, but with 2,000 my point was that i have an xD turbo.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Muy buena informacion hermano!

Quick question about the manifold. You said you have a modified celica manifold.

That means that the bolt pattern of the 1zz / 2zz engines is the same to our engine?

Also, let us know how you do with the SAFC. To my knowledge the ECU from our cars won't work nicely with about any piggy back computer out there...

I also would love to see a picture of the rods? Are they like super thin? Or are they beefy?

I'm surprised the rods hold 15psi
Old 01-20-2009, 11:34 PM
SL Member

the manifold is the same assembly as 1zz the 2zz is completely different and much bigger
Old 01-21-2009, 03:34 AM
SL Member

the manifold is the same assembly as 1zz the 2zz is completely different and much bigger.

o sea la chapa con los rotos de los tornillos son iguales, el 2zz cambia completo, los tubos son del hierro que se hacen los tanques de GAS de cocinar etc... si puedes explicarselo a los muchachos en ingles estaria kul jejeje

Quick Reply: Untouchbles turbo setup