Notices
Scion xD Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

what about a supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default what about a supercharger

who thinks they will bring a supercharger in the future for the xd? .. a chirp from alittle car doesnt sound like a bad idea .
Old 12-07-2008, 02:28 AM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: what about a supercharger

I'm with this kid! I'd much rather have a SC option. Low end is where it's at. I live outside the city - top end speed is nice, but torque is where the day to day performance is.

Originally Posted by xD_kidd91
who thinks they will bring a supercharger in the future for the xd? .. a chirp from alittle car doesnt sound like a bad idea .
Old 12-07-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't see it coming....

xD owners interested on performance are so little.

Just look how hard is to get 10 people together to have NST make us that underdrive pulley.... and is only $99!

Greedy is almost out of the question... our best shot will be with Blitz if they care to adapt their Yaris supercharger to fit the xD.

IMO our choice for force induction will come in form of a turbo kit from a small company such as TurboToyotas or perhaps Richard Holdener.

I agree that down low torque is nice... but you can get that effect from a small and quick spooling turbo and still have a decent top end.

The Blitz supercharger for the Yaris is just disappointing...

Is close to $4,000 and they gains have been between 20 and 25whp only...

A superchared Yaris with some headers and exhaust and CAI will put out 125whp at peak of boost of 8psi

While a turbo Yaris with a GT25 @ 8psi will put down 180whp and you can get it done for the same $4000.

my 0.2
Old 12-07-2008, 07:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I checked around and I believe even greddy made s/c for the yaris. I can kinda agree that people who want performance for the xd is a little on the down side but yaris is not any better around here just like my cousin bought a yaris sedan just cause its cherry red.

But I can agree that 25-30hp for 4k doesnt cut it

Turbo is a good option, im down for turbos too, but some people want to go a little different and hear a chirp then a "pshh" sound . I live in the city so more power but less lagging!

and if anyone hasnt notcied most toyotas/ and ALL of scions have a supercharger option from greddy, trd, and blitz except the xd
Old 12-08-2008, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in terms of choosing a charger based off sound, thats a no-no , (and there are BOV's for turbo's which give you a chirp...). in terms of low end power you can program within specific RPM ranges, considering the fact that you will need a new management system for either, and a small turbo shouldn't be much more expensive than a decent supercharger set up..i agree with castrex on this one.
Old 12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Turbo looks to be only option in the near future, unless Vortech or some smaller companies step up. TRD has no plans but if I do remember correctly, they offered the s/c for the 02-08 corolla about 2 1/2 years after it was released. So it may just come down to the waiting game.
Going to have to wait it out :b
Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont make my choices based on a sound. But the idea of a chirp sound is cool lol. Im a kid and i find putting turbo kits and checking what problems they might have later on sounds complex.
when I had my volvo. all i had to do is full exhaust system. intake. and ecu upgrade (basic stuffs) and called it a day
but yea they did make one for the 03-up corolla from trd, and if i dont know any better. their pretty much same engines right?
I guess we will just wait and see lol
Old 12-08-2008, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

superchargers can come with just as many problems. Leaks become a MAJOR issue to superchargers, much more so than turbo's, and can absolutely ruin your air/fuel ratio. dust/dirt/and other small contaminates can also throw off your performance. there's no simple answer to anything, but i see what youre getting at. how many cars have you had? youre only 17 lol
Old 12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TRDxD
superchargers can come with just as many problems. Leaks become a MAJOR issue to superchargers, much more so than turbo's, and can absolutely ruin your air/fuel ratio. dust/dirt/and other small contaminates can also throw off your performance. there's no simple answer to anything, but i see what youre getting at. how many cars have you had? youre only 17 lol
well my mom owns a corolla, but i bought my first car last yr which was a volvo s60 t5 .. 247hp - 240 torque and after a few mods it was about 280hp .. but it had 130k miles on it nd got my trans. shot so yea. i sold it now i gots a scion. i pay for my car and insurance so dont think im a rich kid or sumthin lol . but my dream is to go back to volvo and get a volvo 60R! lol
Old 12-08-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats pretty cool, good job for paying everything yourself. did you mean the S60R?..ive never heard of just a plain 60R..
Old 12-08-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well my mom owns a corolla, but i bought my first car last yr which was a volvo s60 t5 .. 247hp - 240 torque and after a few mods it was about 280hp .. but it had 130k miles on it nd got my trans. shot so yea. i sold it now i gots a scion. i pay for my car and insurance so dont think im a rich kid or sumthin lol . but my dream is to go back to volvo and get a volvo 60R! lol
Scion xD + Intake Manifold + CAI + Header + exhaust + Underdrive Pulley + coilovers + sticky rubber = You kicking some S60R ___ on a track! For sure. The 60R whale won't stand a chance.

You won't keep with it on a straight tough... but who cares?

If you are into fast straights go buy a Mustang...
Old 12-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

i dont think they will (TRD) considering all the crap/bullsh*t there goin threw wit the tc supercharger there trying to scrap the tc SC as it is too
Old 12-08-2008, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scion xD + Intake Manifold + CAI + Header + exhaust + Underdrive Pulley + coilovers + sticky rubber = You kicking some S60R butt on a track! For sure. The 60R whale won't stand a chance.

You won't keep with it on a straight tough... but who cares?

If you are into fast straights go buy a Mustang...
true THAT son. who cares how fast you are in a straight line if you can only travel in a straight line at speeds...id much rather be confident in my handling abilities....prove some true driving skill :D haha
Old 12-09-2008, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats pretty cool, good job for paying everything yourself. did you mean the S60R?..ive never heard of just a plain 60R..
yea, i meant a s60R . but hey 6spd 300hp awd is not bad right? haha

Scion xD + Intake Manifold + CAI + Header + exhaust + Underdrive Pulley + coilovers + sticky rubber <-- castrex knows my secret plan haha
Im excited for the spring if I get these parts!
Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im excited for.....TOKICOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:Sigh: within a couple months....haha
Old 12-10-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont make my choices based on a sound. But the idea of a chirp sound is cool lol. Im a kid and i find putting turbo kits and checking what problems they might have later on sounds complex.
corolla from trd, and if i dont know any better. their pretty much same engines right?
same size, different engine.

your better off understanding all this stuff while ur young, its easier to keep it in your head much easier then it seems too, a lot of it is simple physics and logic
Old 12-10-2008, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats for sure haha im trying to take in as much as possible...been trying to get a job at a garage or something but its hard, but i want to learn as much as possible. id like to work at parts/service for a dealership but i think for service you have to be ASE certified..(or some other equivalent certification). oh well...with time it may happen haha
Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just gotta know people really for dealerships :\
Old 12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh..lol well then..maybe persistence will work..hahah
Old 12-12-2008, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zefoxe
corolla from trd, and if i dont know any better. their pretty much same engines right?
same size, different engine.

your better off understanding all this stuff while ur young, its easier to keep it in your head much easier then it seems too, a lot of it is simple physics and logic
yeah, im trying to learn much as I can and maybe pass down wisdom lol, haha this just brings back when I was really young and into hondas (some are kool ) and nissans I learned all my engines from simple d16 engine to v-tec such as b,h,k series engines. and all skyline engines lol

but yea learnin is the way to go,

to trdxd: if you want to work at a dealership, best bet is to get certified but also have refrence or "connections". my cousins works for nissan and chrysler. They had good refrence from local garage shops or simple as from an auto-tech teacher at a high school. and theirs trade school lol

Quick Reply: what about a supercharger