Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2010 xd alpine deck

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:23 PM

Default 2010 xd alpine deck

hey everyone; newbie here; I have the alpine deck which claims 3 rear rca's; I assume there is no wiring from the factory right? I have to run Rca's myself to the back of the unit?

Also, can someone give me guidance for a DECENT sounding system? I have a clarion deck and a 12" Kicker sub.

If it will sound "OK" I want to take an rca run from back of deck to my trunk and hook to my amp to power my sub.

Should I get a 2nd amp and run RCA's to my head unit?

I want this to be as cheap as physically possible, and want to use as much existing hardware as I currently have.

Also is the navigation for this head unit just a dvd you buy? Or is it a device that connects somewhere/ Documentation isn't very clear.

And while I'm at it one final question: Any cheaper way to do the cup holder lighting and scion door sill lighting than paying $400 to dealer for this? Any write ups on here? I'll keep searching.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:44 PM

Reading through articles on here, not *quite* finding my answer. . . have another question though. . .

Anyone know a resource for me to see what the 3 rear rca's on back of alpine deck are? And is the yellow one a video one? Whats that for?

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:01 PM
SL Member

Old 05-19-2010, 03:48 PM

hey streetx; sorry to be dumb here.

the rca's are labeled as line level outputs. So if I wanted to hook up an aftermarket amp for speakers, would I run rca's from there to the amp and then from amp out to all the different speakers?

Also there is a navigation clip there; if I want GPS is there somewhere cheap to get one? I have a garmin; but would be nice to have it on my dash there.

Thanks again for your help!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:18 PM
SL Member

Yup, you would run the RCA cable from the back of your deck to the Amp. Then Speaker cables from you Amp to you speakers/subs

Havent really looked into the navigation thing so im not really sure where to get one.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by streetxdreamer
Yup, you would run the RCA cable from the back of your deck to the Amp. Then Speaker cables from you Amp to you speakers/subs

Havent really looked into the navigation thing so im not really sure where to get one.
Cool thanks!

One last question: I want to run a headrest mounted dvd unit for my son; does the alpine play dvd's? If so is it possible to run from the alpine out to headrest? Have any information/links on that?