Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

2012 Premium Audio System iPod/iPhone Connectivity Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Post 2012 Premium Audio System iPod/iPhone Connectivity Issues

Hey there everyone,
First time posting here. I just bought a 2012 xD Release Series 4.0 with a new for 2012 Pioneer Premium Audio Head Unit. I've been having some issues in connecting my iPhone with the USB. Whether I plug in the iPhone before or after I start the car, more often than not it will show that it is playing the audio in either the iPod or Pandora feature, but there is no audio to be heard coming from the speakers. I then have to unplug and replug the cable back into the iPhone to resolve this problem. This is quite cumbersome (and somewhat dangerous if this happens while I'm driving). I have an iPhone 4 w/ iOS 5.1 and I'm using the USB port for connection w/ standard Apple connect cable. Has anyone else experienced this problem yet? This Premium Audio Head Unit is apparently brand-spanking new for 2012 (according to my dealership) so this may be a bug that I'll need to make Scion ultimately aware. But if any of you fellow xD'ers have got the same setup, let me know your experience if possible. I would love to know if there is a way this can be worked around or even solved.

Last edited by bluecub78; 03-15-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why aren't you just using the Bluetooth connection? Pair stereo and iPhone; it's called Pairing.

Just be careful turning off the phone while it's connected or you'll have to pair again.

You can answer and call the phone while driving. And, you can operate the phone with the controls on the steering wheel and stereo buttons.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:46 PM

Post Would work for the iPod feature, not Pandora

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried using the BT connection and even though it is highly convenient being wireless, it's volume level is not all that high and I have to jack the volume up so I can hear it nicely. If I were to switch to a different function, say satellite or HD radio, I get blasted high volume level and have to turn it down before I go deaf. Also, the BT connectivity doesn't work for the Pandora feature on the head unit (which I absolutely adore). I believe the app is not geared to run through bluetooth, so that would most likely be the reason.

I don't know, maybe it's me. Would I be doing something wrong possibly with the volume?