Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Got a Pioneer FH-8000BT. How do I route the USB/aux cables to the stock ports?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Got a Pioneer FH-8000BT. How do I route the USB/aux cables to the stock ports?

EDIT: I fixed most of my issues and deleted those questions. But I still have a few remaining!

Has anyone set up an aftermarket stereo in their xD with a USB port and an auxiliary port? How did you get these to work with the stock ports for "AUX" and "iPod"? I'd like to route the USB down to the iPod port.

I was able to set up the bluetooth mic just fine.

About the wiring...I never found anything to hook the yellow/black (on the FH-8000BT connector) up to. It's supposed to be the "audio mute" cable. Is that for radio/aux/usb audio or bluetooth audio? Or both?

There was an orange/black cable that said "dimmer ground" on the wire harness, but I didn't see anything to hook it up to on the Pioneer's connector.

Last edited by willcoq; 12-29-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:41 PM
SL Member

did this moron actually just solve his questions and not post how he solved them. great job idiot.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by travisbklein
did this moron actually just solve his questions and not post how he solved them. great job idiot.
Holy thread resurrection, batman! 2010 was a simpler time. The internet was young. Well...younger. Twitter was but a baby and Myspace was still remembered. Thread etiquette was a developing discipline. Some folks just hadn't quite yet been informed of proper posting procedures. In many cases, strikethrough was nary an option! What then should be done with questions one had answered for himself? One might wish the focus to be on unanswered questions. Yes, yes, this is plausible.

But here are are now in 2019 where the internet is a much merrier place. Strikethrough is employed widely employed (nay, expected!) to indicate "this is no longer an issue" while providing would be car tinkerers answers to their most burning questions. And people are just so friendly! Everywhere you go, it's "Hope this helps!" this and "Happy to oblige!" that. Yes, we are more civilized people now. Kindness and thoughtfulness reign supreme.

/s

1. I have no idea what my original questions were, and neither do you. So I am not depriving you of any answers.
2. I never got an aftermarket stereo to work with AUX and iPod. I routed the USB cable behind the aftermarket stereo into the glove compartment. The compartment still shuts even if you have the cable coming out, so you can feel free to mount a phone on your AC vents or wherever, have it be plugged into USB, and be able to shut your glove compartment. Nowadays, most/all aftermarket stereos have a front USB port so this is no longer an issue.
3. I ended up never plugging the yellow/black or orange/black into anything, and everything worked fine.
4. My FH-8000BT was stolen out of my car while I was in a movie theater. I was disappointed in humanity then, much like I am now with you.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:50 PM
SL Member

lol thanks!

the only thing more annoying that people posting "nevermind I found the solution" is when people answer "yes" or "no" to an "either-or" question :p
Old 04-05-2019, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No prob! I hope I was able to answer any questions about the wiring or the USB. I also get SUPER annoyed at the "nevermind fixed it!" with no explanation edits. I frown upon my much younger self. I could have left the questions and added the answers to each one. Knowing me, my questions were probably several paragraphs long, so I probably deleted them so people would actually read the post and answer the remaining questions than see a wall of text and nope out of there.