Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Just got in my RE Audio SEX12D4, Pictures inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Default Just got in my RE Audio SEX12D4, Pictures inside

This is one hell of a sexy subwoofer. It will be going into my GTO in a custom install next weekend but before it did I wanted to snap a few pics of it's naughty bits.

I have the full line of RE Audio Subs available so if you are interested in putting some serious sound pressure in your Scion let me know.

It is hard to tell from the picture but this voice coil is HUGE

Old 09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel all tingly inside....

What are the specs? wattage, size, ohm rating?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Specs for this one are
Electrical Q Value -Qes: 0.49
Mechanical Q Value -Qms: 4.5
Total Speaker Q Value -Qts: 0.44
Free Air Resonance -Fs: 25.1 Hz
Equivalent Compliance -Vas: 72.9 liters
One-Way, Linear Excursion -Xmax: 18 mm
Efficiency -SPL 1W/1m: 86.1 dB SPL
Effective Piston Area -Sd: 480 cm^2
DC Resistance -Re: 2.8 ohm
Nominal Impedance -Znom: Dual 2/4 ohm
Thermal Power Handling -Pe: 600 W
Force Factor -Bl: 17.7
Mounting Depth - 6.9"
Mounting Hole Diameter - 11.2"
Overall Diameter - 12.5"
Bolt Hole Circle - 11.75"
Motor Width - 7.3"
Motor Depth - 3.44"
Basket Depth - 3.46"
Displacement - 0.15 cu. ft.

You can get them in a Dual 4 Ohm VC or Dual 2 Ohm VC configuration so you have a lot of options to get the right one for your setup.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very nice. I just got a 10w7. Wired the car, everything all nice and what not and realized that the sub outs on the headunit do not work! tried everything so i guess its back to the dealership to have them take a look at it. ( 2010 HU)

Anyone have any ideas for aftermarket speakers for the doors? Brands? I listen to almost all music, i've had polk, infinity, and kicker in my old car and kicker ks series is the one i like but idk. is there something else out there.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by drkness
Very nice. I just got a 10w7. Wired the car, everything all nice and what not and realized that the sub outs on the headunit do not work! tried everything so i guess its back to the dealership to have them take a look at it. ( 2010 HU)

Anyone have any ideas for aftermarket speakers for the doors? Brands? I listen to almost all music, i've had polk, infinity, and kicker in my old car and kicker ks series is the one i like but idk. is there something else out there.
I don't know if they're even around these days... but what about Phoenix Gold... I know for a long time they were the "way to go" but I also really prefer Boston Acoustics because the cone surrounds are so tight, and they really produce very clear sound. Dunno... just my two cents.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SparksAI
This is one hell of a sexy subwoofer. It will be going into my GTO in a custom install next weekend but before it did I wanted to snap a few pics of it's naughty bits.

I have the full line of RE Audio Subs available so if you are interested in putting some serious sound pressure in your Scion let me know.

It is hard to tell from the picture but this voice coil is HUGE

Thats a nice looking sub, only concern would be tinsel slap with those tinsel wires not being woven into the spider. I have a DC Audio level 2 on the way that will replace my JL 12W0v2.

Originally Posted by LtBradleykins
I don't know if they're even around these days... but what about Phoenix Gold... I know for a long time they were the "way to go" but I also really prefer Boston Acoustics because the cone surrounds are so tight, and they really produce very clear sound. Dunno... just my two cents.
PG went the way of most older companies...cheap now.
Old 09-13-2010, 05:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by drkness

do you have one of the head units with the 3 sets of RCA's? if so, it's the bottom set. that sounds like your problem (i hope). good luck!!!
Old 09-13-2010, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its the 2010 HU. It only has one set of RCA's and they don't work for anything( highs mids or lows)