Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Removing map light assembly - Hardwire Valentine One

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:33 AM

Default Removing map light assembly - Hardwire Valentine One

Hey guys, I searched all around looking for the answer to this, i'm trying to remove my entire map light assembly in order to hardwire my Valentine One radar detector into the map lights. (2012 xD)

I can't seem to figure out how to do this, and I'm (of course) worried about damaging something, or at least bending my headliner up.

Also, if anyone knows of a better area to hardwire my detector please let me know, but the map lights seem easiest (The V1 will be on a bracket under my auto dimming mirror.)

Thanks!

~ Mike
Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I bought a hardware kit from eBay for my valentine and have it spliced into a power source under the dash. Just found an ignition wire and tapped it into there. This was on many previous car though, but should have the same setup as any other car.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-22-2012, 01:31 AM

My worry is that I won't be able to find a power source that doesn't draw while the car is off. I think the way you had it is probably the best then.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you have a test light then you can figure out which wire draws power. When the car is on test a few wires so you know which one of them draws power, I found one that runs off of the car for my fog light switch, it was a yellow wire if that helps any. Once you have found a few wires that draw power then turn the car off to see if that wire you tested continues to draw power, if it doesn't then you are set and can splice into that. If it does continue to pull power then move on to the next. Hope this made sense, it is kind of late and I can't get myself to sleep so I hopped on the forums. lol good luck with whichever you decide to do.