Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sns100 and disconnecting the battery ??? HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 10:20 PM

Question Sns100 and disconnecting the battery ??? HELP!

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you can help me with a problem...my (car)battery was uncharged, so I took it to charge and reconnected it. I turned on the car and my sns 100 and everything connected to it wasn't working The whole thing was done the right way, but for some reason my screen reads "Program cannot be read. Please insert correct map DVD." Currently I cannot listen to any music because the whole thing doesn't work, hence the cds, radio, aux, or ipod connections are incapacitated. This happened right before we left on a long trip, but I took it to Toyota. Their service center was closed, but the man at the front desk told me that when you disconnect the car battery it messes with that system and that it needed to be rebooted??? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I should also mention that we got back today and took it again to Toyota to get some answers, but they told me that there was no such thing as rebooting the system and that I needed a new unit. I am currently confused on what to do, because my system does not seem broken. Additionally I don't care much about my gps not working, but rather that my music works. I don't think it has to do with the map dvd because I inserted mine and it did absolutly nothing. I am now thinking that it needs a data dvd to get the system up again. Has anyone experienced this when taking out the battery? PLEASE HELP!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the same model and have disconnected the battery several times for various reasons and have had no issue. I looked at the back panel and didn't see a fuse and am not familiar with you issue, but check/clean your DVD disc or maybe put a disc with brushes to clean your DVD lens.
Old 08-21-2011, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

have you tried putting the DVD in?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:08 AM

Thanks for the advice, I will try to use a cleaning dvd....
And I have inserted the dvd, but get nothing

BTW I think it is a sns100, it was the upgrade that came with car. My car is a Scion xd 2008.

Thanks for your replies!