Notices
Scion xD ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xD switch blanks: '09 same as '10?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:36 PM

Default xD switch blanks: '09 same as '10?

I am working on some LED projects for my 09 xD, and I wanted to put switches in the emergency brake switch panel.

Now, as far as I can tell, no one makes actual switches that fit into the holes there, since it's an odd size. So I figure I'll drill some holes in the blanks and add paddle switches like http://www.oznium.com/illuminated-wedge-toggle

But I'd like to get some extra switch blanks in case I mess one up. I asked my dealer if they can get them. But he said the only part he could find was a switch blank for a 2010 xD. Does anyone know if that's likely to be the same as the 2009 one?
Old 11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ShadeOfBlue
I am working on some LED projects for my 09 xD, and I wanted to put switches in the emergency brake switch panel.

Now, as far as I can tell, no one makes actual switches that fit into the holes there, since it's an odd size. So I figure I'll drill some holes in the blanks and add paddle switches like http://www.oznium.com/illuminated-wedge-toggle

But I'd like to get some extra switch blanks in case I mess one up. I asked my dealer if they can get them. But he said the only part he could find was a switch blank for a 2010 xD. Does anyone know if that's likely to be the same as the 2009 one?

i have owned both a 2009 and a 2010 xd... the VSC switch is located there, seems like the same size to me between both. you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty sure their the same size, using the rounded switches are perfect for those blanks, just take a uni bit and go slow until the hole is the right size, pop the switch in and go, looks OEM.

rounded switches

I got that setup for my DVD parking brake bypass on my head unit, and about to do another one for the remote on my amp in one of the other panels.

those switches you have selected look pretty cool, but seem like it would make that section under the parking brake look too busy, just my opinion
Old 11-07-2010, 01:30 AM

Thanks xDTool for the info. I saw those rounded rockers at Oznium too and I liked them, but worried they were too wide for the blanks. But if they worked for you, I'll try 'em and see how it works!