Cars I'd trade in my xD for

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MonkeyMonsoon
HHR SS is a wagon looking sort of thing
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck that thing actually is. I will say though an HHr SS panel van (I think GM actually considers it some sort of crossover van) is probably the ultimate sleeper ever produced from the factory.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CXTKRS1
I'm still trying to figure out what the heck that thing actually is. I will say though an HHr SS panel van (I think GM actually considers it some sort of crossover van) is probably the ultimate sleeper ever produced from the factory.
With the proper bolt ons and tune they are stupid fast. The HHR SS has the same engine as the turbo Cobalt SS. I know a few guys who have them and they are the perfect car for the tuner guy with a family...or in my friends case a tuner guy with very large dogs .
Old 11-24-2011, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, DID trade in my xD... On a Subaru Outback. Yeah, it cost about 12,000 more, but the monthly payments are about the same, but for four years instead of the three years I financed the xD.

Speaking of Fits, my brother bought one around the same time I bought my xD. The main thing he didn't like about the price was that he had to but the Sport model, then upgrade to the NAV package just to get stability control. That's a rip off, considering every car has to have stability control now. They were just milking people while they could. He only had the Fit for three years, and he had some issues with the climate control. He had to replace the blower motor, had the AC charged 3 or 4 times, and finally had to have some of the switches on the dash replaced. Even after that, there were still problems with the way the switches/buttons worked.

Someone also mentioned the Mazda5. my wife just traded her beater 2000 Civic for one. It's a nice little family car. Seats six people and is set up more like a mini minivan. It has a fairly sporty ride, and decent power from the 2.5L engine. I'm not a fan of the flat black plastic dash and center console... Just looks cheap to me, but some people like it.

Why did I trade in the xD? Mainly because our family is growing again. Going to have kid #2 in early July. I knew long ago that I was going to get a Subaru, so why not trade it in now while the xD is worth more (would have had 100,000 miles on it by the summer), plus I'll have the Subaru for the snow this winter! I'm glad I got it now, because Subaru is having some supply problems. Some of it has to do with the tsunami in Japan, but there is now a stop-ship order on most Subaru models. Don't know what that's all about, but the dealerships are going crazy!

By the way, we had some crazy good weather last weekend, so I decided to take the Outback to the beach. It was 65 degrees, and there were people in the ocean... In November!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I have driven a Chevy Sonic and the 1.4L turbo is pretty sweet. I'll be taking a turbo hatch for a test drive on Friday. I walked away from one dealer because they valued my xD so low.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member

If i had to trade in my xd i would get a mazda 3 or an infinite g35 sport coupe but i love my little xd and would never trade it in. It was my first car and i've gotten really attached to it and not to many people put mods on it. So the people who do are even more unique for doing it and thats why i like it. If i won the lottery i would mod the hell out of my little xd and then buy another car to just have
Old 03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trust me this is a difficult decision. If I feel that I’m not getting a good deal I have no problems holding on to the car. If I do keep the xD I have plans for springs and an NST pulley.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by andrewjc
Well I have driven a Chevy Sonic and the 1.4L turbo is pretty sweet. I'll be taking a turbo hatch for a test drive on Friday. I walked away from one dealer because they valued my xD so low.
Wish my car wasn't a salvaged title vehicle, otherwise I would look into getting a Chevy Sonic as well. Oh well, I'll just drive my xD till it no longer runs
Old 03-11-2012, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trust me this is a difficult decision. If I feel that I’m not getting a good deal I have no problems holding on to the car. If I do keep the xD I have plans for springs and an NST pulley.
With a strong used car market, high mpg car with Toyota's reputation.. should get you a descent trade in price. Of course the stealership will tell u different.. the rest is up to you..
I'm betting that the Sonic turbo would be more fun to drive and have a strong aftermarket for mods.. If the xD were my only car.. I would be looking at something more fun to drive..
I'm waiting for the Scion FRS or the sube BRZ to come out.. I would much rather have a light weight balanced handling 200HP manual 6-speed RWD car
to drive.. but I think it will be too small for me..
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The FRS is pretty tempting. It's one of the more interesting cars Toyota released in almost 2 decades!(IMHO) Another interesting car I like is the BMW 335d. Rediculous torque, and it gets 36mpg on the highway. My car is payed off, and these are not in the same price range. The only tempting car to me that GM has is the volt. I know the Volt is not in the same price range. I mean in general.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If u go the route of keeping the xD.. I would reconsider the crank pulley mod.. The factory crank pulley is weighted for a reason... to balance the rotating crank assembly and to counter any destructive vibrations that are transmitted to parts of the rotating mass...
It would be easy and cheaper for Toyota to use a smaller lightweight crank pulley to begin with... but it's designed that way to quell vibrations and balance the system along with the other chosen parts.. besides... its not going to make much of a difference.. and over time can lead to engine failure.. just my .02
Just because someone makes one.. doesn't mean it's worth having..
Old 03-12-2012, 06:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Had the day off today and spent some time cleaning up my car. The more time I spend with it makes decision all the more difficult. I did get a call from the dealership and they are offering me $10,500 for my 2010, 5-speed, w/30,000 on the clock.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats such an easy question!!

My answer is simple....

A koenigsegg-ccx

Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Although i don't have an XD but i'd go with mazdaspeed3 or the wrxhatch. Both great cars with turbo!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:01 AM

I'd love to try a Kia Soul in a few years once we have enough data to see how their reliability is. I love my XD but I also love the Soul. The main reason I chose the XD over the Soul was the outstanding reliaility of the XD. The jury is still out on whether Kia really has their crap together now.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:38 PM
XDC
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hello,

The Scion XD is a keeper for us, but last night I traded my Mazda5 in for a Mazda3 Skyactiv hatchback with the six speed auto-transmission. It is a beauty of a car (like the XD, of course). I wanted to be an all Scion household, but the XB is not fuel effecient, and the iQ was to noisy and had no storage space (no glove box, no cubbies). So I stayed with Mazda as a second car because of the sporty nature of the brand.
Old 07-27-2012, 02:33 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB
WRX

MAZDASPEED3 hatch...

I was actually @ SEMA, the Chevy Sonics didn't do anything for me...Fords display of their Fiesta's were actually quite nice, showed there was quite a lot that you could do to them...Another one that surprised me was the Hyundai Veloster...
Cars I'd trade in my xD for-imageuploadedbytapatalk1343399580.065030.jpg
That's what I did love my speed

Sent from my dizzLe using RaWr powers!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i would trade my car for pretty much anything with alot more power than the xd. ive got mine looking the way i want it inside and out, but now im lost with what to do about my power. i guess im just bored with the car now.