2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Could the xD be the ORIUS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Could the xD be the ORIUS?

Found this from Nihon Car & Bike. It may be just the Corolla/Matrix replacement, but it does meet some of the rumored specs.
Orius
Or maybe the Diahatsu D-Compact X-over:
D-Compact
Old 09-07-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like an xA with a tC roof.....
Old 09-07-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy wheel gap
Old 09-07-2006, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Like I said, looks like an xA.......
Old 09-09-2006, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the Orius doesn't look like a Corolla replacement to me... it does look a lot like an evolved XA though...

The x-over though, looks too much like a Yaris for me, doesn't seem like the future of the XA (XD) since it's so similar
Old 09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The xD will be like nothing you,ve seen before. It was designed from the ground up built on a larger car platform and its the kind of vehicle that people will either love or hate. Like was with the xB. People either loved it or hated it. There will be no in between.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default Scion is just annoying..

Seriously, I have been waiting to buy a new car for SO long you cannot even imagine.

Finally I am in the car market.. and the market segment and interest all point to a scion XA style or XB style. Each of these 2 vehicles has a couple small issues, and I am curious about whether the next models will actually fix these issues. Yet instead of actually giving me the answer ... we get stonewalled to try to create anticipation... anticipation is only good if it is short lived.

It is not good when you are making a buying decision like right now... if I want an xA at all EVER I have to make a decision before the new models are even presented to the public since the xA is hard to get... Not only that if I choose the xB instead I am nearly in the exact same boat...

If I buy and the new ones have a larger engine.. I will be so totally ____ed it will be ridiculous.

If The new ones are worse looking (as he says above.. love or hate ... like I HATE the t2b...but love the xB (except power)) then again I am completely screwed again because it will be that much harder to order the model I actually want.

This dilema actually is pushing me away from scion since they stone wall you at every point on real information. They should have had this information out months ago.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion is just annoying..

Originally Posted by shrewd

This dilema actually is pushing me away from scion since they stone wall you at every point on real information. They should have had this information out months ago.
I feel your pain I wish they would release the info as soon as it presents itself. But think about why they do it. Its like with every car. Every 5 yrs or so every car make usually goes through some bodystyle change.
This just so happens to be that time for the xB and xA. As with any other vehicle whena new bodystyle is due to come out its looks and specs arent available to the public until right before its release for a reason.
They dont want to relese such info because it would hurt the current models sells. People would abandone the old model per-say and just wait for the new one. So getting the info out in a timely manner will create anticipation and enough hype to keep the current models selling up until the new styles replace the old. Unfortunately this affects those looking for a vehicle right when they are transitioning through a model change.(every 5 yrs or so)
Either way depending on the time frame of a purchase you could always buy with confidence in knowing that if you did buy know and you did like the new styles when they come out in mid 2007, then you could always trade in for a new model and know that your vehicle will retain its value.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member

I understand the desire to keep auto sales up, but the real dilema is that they are NOT going to make any 07s.... that is not a small gap.. it is HUGE.. a year. They say they will discontinue making the current models and release the 08's in middle of 07...

HELLO.. problem.. that make it the dilema I am speaking of. If I choose to wait until the end of 06... I am pretty much guarenteed a hard time trying to get the car I want if I want one of the 06's.

Someone else said it would be a much better transition of they continued to make the 06's right up to the point of the 08's and you could still get what you want.

Yet the most frustrating part is that when you are speaking to a scion rep on their site or in a dealership... No one can help you...

I love toyota. But it is extremely frustrating when you are looking to buy a product and no one will help you out.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by pandaslayer
holy wheel gap
I'm LOVING that wheelgap. My wife will be getting one to replace here Jeep Wrangler. It will see some mild off roading.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

Originally Posted by pandaslayer
holy wheel gap
the xA is worse, even with a 2" drop there is still like an inch or two of gap.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This looks like a 4 door yaris liftback.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

it IS the newest 4 door yaris hatch
Old 10-14-2006, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I've never seen a 4dr Yaris hatch
Old 10-14-2006, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
it IS the newest 4 door yaris hatch
Actually that is NOT the Yaris 5-door (see my avatar). The 5-door is exactly the same size as the 3-door that the U.S. gets. Note the 5 bolt wheels...probably the Matrix or non U.S. Corolla replacement.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

good catch. it's too small for the corolla/ matrix.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a slightly different name....its another toyota-daihatsu thingy..
http://toyota.jp/auris/
Old 10-25-2006, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i liek that auris!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, that really fits the description that is rumored. tC style headlights, bigger, normal gauges, etc. I like it .
Old 12-30-2006, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by shrewd
I understand the desire to keep auto sales up, but the real dilema is that they are NOT going to make any 07s.... that is not a small gap.. it is HUGE.. a year. They say they will discontinue making the current models and release the 08's in middle of 07...

HELLO.. problem.. that make it the dilema I am speaking of. If I choose to wait until the end of 06... I am pretty much guarenteed a hard time trying to get the car I want if I want one of the 06's.

Someone else said it would be a much better transition of they continued to make the 06's right up to the point of the 08's and you could still get what you want.

Yet the most frustrating part is that when you are speaking to a scion rep on their site or in a dealership... No one can help you...

I love toyota. But it is extremely frustrating when you are looking to buy a product and no one will help you out.
What help do you need?

The reasoning to stop production dec. 31st 06 on these two models is to save money. yes scion realizes there will be a few months gap in between when the cars are available, and yes as a scion only salesperson, i am well aware of it as well. yes, i won't have very many cars to sell and my own personal income will be affected by it, how much? who's to say? i will probably just sell a bunch of toyotas while waiting on the new product . . . in any case . . .

do you want to buy a car in april or something? i don't understand what you are worried about. let me know and i will try and help out, and heck, if you want to drive to springfield mo, i will sell you a car, lol!