Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Isn't the xD a larger xB? xa is going away!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:02 AM
bc
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Isn't the xD a larger xB? xa is going away!

I am pretty sure from what we have been told that the xA is just going away. the xD is going to be a larger version of the current xB.

The 2008 xBb will be similar to the current concept t2B and come out early next year. Then the 2008 tC will be redesigned based on the concept Fuse. Then towards the middle of 2007 the xD will come out and be a larger version of the curren xB!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The xD replaces the xA. The xB replacement is supposed to be similar to the t2B but I am not sure if it will be the xB or some other name.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scion Justice League of America
SL Member

The xB design, seems to be rumors around, that it will still stay similiar/same, and have different powerplant options or such.... the xD replaces the xA.... we'll all find out, with pics and such, I believe in december...
Old 09-20-2006, 08:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

The xD will actually be a re-designed vending machine.

It will run off quarters/dollars and the mileage will be based off the ammount of snacks or sodas you have stocked inside.

And you'd throw a CEL when a bag of chips gets stuck and doesn't make it to the engine.

And the biggest myth will be if stocking energy drinks will add HP...

Oh and JOLT will be the new NOS
Old 09-20-2006, 09:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Isn't the xD a larger xB? xa is going away!

Originally Posted by bc
I am pretty sure from what we have been told that the xA is just going away. the xD is going to be a larger version of the current xB.
That is really hard to believe. Why would they convert the discontinued xA into a larger xB??? Why go from big to bigger? It just doesnt make sense to me. The xD being the xA replacement and still staying as a considerable small hatch makes so much more sense. I'm really hoping you are wrong.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member

There was a picture in The Car Connection web page showing a highly-disguised hatchback running around in Michigan back in July. If you compare the picture of that disguised prototype with the picture of the Toyota Ractis "tall wagon" now on sale in Japan, you'll note from the B-pillar forward the car the two vehicles look almost EXACTLY the same.

This is why I think the new Scion xD is a car derived from the Ractis, but with the 1.8-liter 128 bhp (SAE 08/04 net) engine from the European Yaris TS sports hatchback and a somewhat diffrent tail design.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:25 PM
5 Year Member

the Yaris is Toyota's small car and the xA is basicly a 5 door yaris which toyota already builds for other markets so once the xA disappears the 5 door yaris will come to the us and the xD will be more like a pontiac Vibe or Matrix which will also disappear once the Corolla is redesigned
Old 09-30-2006, 06:40 PM

ok time to dispell some rummors.

The xD is the replacement for the xA. It will not be a larger version of the Xb.

However it will be a larger version of the xA and it will house a new power plant of a 1.8 litter engine.

The xB replacement has been design already and will be very simalar to the T2b, and it will support a new power plant as well. Being a 2.4 litter engine, that you can supper charge and possibly turbo charge.

Both the new xD and xB will share the same facia or grille as the tC,

The Fuse is still to be determined in how it will come out, it will either exist as a new line up in the Scion line or it could be the replacement for the tC in two years. The car will eventually come out in some form or another.

As of yet there is no prototype for any of the cars except for the Fuse and T2b, there only exist clay models of the new Xd and xB, there are no cars runnning around that have been produced by Toyota at this time that will resemble the new models.

Rumor has it the Photos of the new cars should be released sometime in either Late December or Early January. THey do not want to disturb the curent sales of Scions throughout the nation. So they are keeping things as quite as possible.

That is all the information as to this date that they would give us.

I have however seen the clay models and we were not aloud to take any pictures of them at this time.

The new Xb will be larger than the current model.

The xD will be larger as well, but not by much. Most of the space was dedcated to the interior of the car.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:36 PM
bc
5 Year Member
SL Member

Victor,

I guess the information being passed out in each region is in conflict. At Cash Blast the CAT reps clearly stated the Fuse replaces the Tc towards the middle of next year. The xB and xA as we know them go away forever, the few 2006's should be exhausted by November. The bB (if that is what they call it) based on the t2B concetp car will show up February/March2007 and the xD as soon as they can release it. I guess when we see the xD then we can all determine what is replaces. I think it is better to just call it a new vehicle rather than a replacement. Same for the bB, it does not really replace the xB but offers a new vehicle as well.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:20 AM

you seem to be right there, but most of the information that I got was from the dealer reveal meeting in Texas this year where they had the new models on display in clay form. Unfortunatly I wish they would call it the bB, but I was told that they definatly could not call it that. Becasue it is a copy right infringment on the one they have in Japan.

and yes you are rightthey are not replacements they are in fact new models to the Scion line up.

And still they are not sure as to the disposition of the fuse I do know that for sure. I have been told by way up there that they have not yet decided yet but that yes the fuse is going to come out.

ANd of course as we all have found out that since this is Toyota anything will be yet to be seen and can change at any time

Old 10-01-2006, 01:35 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by bc
I guess the information being passed out in each region is in conflict. At Cash Blast the CAT reps clearly stated the Fuse replaces the Tc towards the middle of next year. The xB and xA as we know them go away forever, the few 2006's should be exhausted by November. The bB (if that is what they call it) based on the t2B concetp car will show up February/March2007 and the xD as soon as they can release it. I guess when we see the xD then we can all determine what is replaces. I think it is better to just call it a new vehicle rather than a replacement. Same for the bB, it does not really replace the xB but offers a new vehicle as well.
The info I've received tallies with yours.

There were also versions of the xD and new xB unveiled recently at the plant event in Texas, along with the Fuse, new Matrix, new Highlander, new Tundra...everything. Our GM came back and told us a bit about what he saw; not sure if any of you heard things from your GM.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i heard the xb was gonna be 11 inches longer. with the 2.4 liter engine from the tc. the new xd was gonna get the 1.8 from the corolla. these seem normal since those are two of toyota'a largest production engines going into so many cars already. with proven reliablity and part availability.
Old 10-01-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That for all those details. What I missed in your comments was whether or not you liked what you saw with the two scion clay models. Its kinda of a three part question.

1) did you like what you saw compared to the current models.
2) did it match more or less what you expected or were you disappointed or pleasantly surprised
3) do you think they will be big sellers. This is different then #1 since you may not like something but think it will sell well anyway because everyone has different tastes
Old 10-01-2006, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm assuming the 1.8L engine is the new DUAL VVT-i engine available on the soon to be release Yaris TS. The engine code probably wont be the 1ZZFE (current Corolla/Matrix engine).
Old 10-03-2006, 04:32 PM

That for all those details. What I missed in your comments was whether or not you liked what you saw with the two scion clay models. Its kinda of a three part question.

1) did you like what you saw compared to the current models.
2) did it match more or less what you expected or were you disappointed or pleasantly surprised
3) do you think they will be big sellers. This is different then #1 since you may not like something but think it will sell well anyway because everyone has different tastes

ok so to answer all the questions in one lump sum:
1) I loved what I saw in comparison to the current models, I fell that Scion once again has hit the nail on the head with the inovative designs.
2) it was a lot more than I expected. I was concerned with the thought of sharing similar grilles and how they were going to intigrate them within the various models.
It was done very tastfully, and I really like the addition space they are providing in the models of course mopst of it will be incorparated into passenger area, the new xD still is similar to our beloved xA, not a huge variance from what we are use to, just a much more aggressive stance, of course I could not see what htey had in micnd for the interiors.
3) I thin they will be huge sellers, They are uniquly designed just the way that Scion likes. There are far more things that you can do to these by the looks of them. The had a T shirt machine there that you could design your own graphice and have it printed on an iron on for a T shirt. That was really cool. It also alowed you to design and put on different accesories that are currently being thought of.

So in summary I do not think that there will be any dissapointment at all with the new models. And of course the Fuse is off the hook. I am excited to see what they will actually incorperate in the production model.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I just want to see what the xD will actually look like so I can decide to get the current xA or wait and get the xD.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
I just want to see what the xD will actually look like so I can decide to get the current xA or wait and get the xD.
Me too but my current car is slowly dying. Dunno what to do.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow
Me too but my current car is slowly dying. Dunno what to do.
I am in the EXACT same boat as you, my POS Buick is about to die, but I don't wan't to buy a new car untill I see the XD. I hope my curent car can hang on for a few more months.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

^^^ Put it on an IV drip. Seriously tho, maybe get a cheap hoopty to get by for a few months for a few bills. I read they will be spilling the beans about the xD between Nov. and the end of Dec. This will let us know which way to go before the xA isn't an option any more. I really hate having to play these kinda games with Scion Corp. They did it first to me with the way they launched the xB.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Put it on an IV drip. Seriously tho, maybe get a cheap hoopty to get by for a few months for a few bills. I read they will be spilling the beans about the xD between Nov. and the end of Dec. This will let us know which way to go before the xA isn't an option any more. I really hate having to play these kinda games with Scion Corp. They did it first to me with the way they launched the xB.
The buick I have is a cheap hoopty, I bought it for $200 2 years ago, its my winter car. If this one does die, I REALLY don't want to drive my Fiero in the winter, I tried that a few years ago, never again will I do that.

Quick Reply: Isn't the xD a larger xB? xa is going away!