Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Are Dealer Installed Items prices correct on Scion.com???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 03:22 PM

ah ok. I guess my dealership (toyota of fort worth) sticks with the scion rates, I wish I'dve known that not everyone does. although I'm happy with financing through capital one anyway and thats the closest dealership to where I live so its convenient. And you may be right about the sales guy, he doesn't even work there anymore and he still has kept in touch with me.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by caroline
And you may be right about the sales guy, he doesn't even work there anymore and he still has kept in touch with me.
Niiiiice!
Old 04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WaNabe
Here's an example of the pricing difference:

RON TONKIN SCION:
Front Strut Brace $245
Lowering Springs $579
Rear Sway Bar $250

WILSONVILLE SCION:
Front Strut Brace $245
Lowering Springs $556
Rear Sway Bar $250
Shock Set $740

ASTORIA SCION:
Front Strut Brace $355
Lowering Springs 607.50
Rear Sway Bar $335
Shock Set $808
good lord... when i see prices like that, it really makes me thank God that I don't have a 'tuner / modder' bug... i can not imagine spending so much on things that, to me, don't seem like much.

my car handles good enough, the stero sounds good enough for me, etc etc, so i never spend $ on mods. my 06 box was like $16,700 (bone stock, no options, price after taxes) and i bought an arm rest + floor mats for dirt cheap elsewhere.

i know companies have to make money but raping us after we show loyalty by buying toyota isn't the best way to make friends ( or customers ).
Old 04-05-2008, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds to me that you would be better off just getting the xD in its stock form with just a few of the dealer goodies (Radio, etc). I would save the rest of the money looking into better performance products other then the TRD if your going to do a lot of mods. TRD parts are more for someone who is looking to keep their warranty as long as they can but still have a sporty ride and not to worried about having the best of the best. I think the installation fees will also vary if your car is actually ordered straight from the plant or if the one you want is available at the dealer, because some parts will actually be installed before shipping in that case.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Zefoxe
Sounds to me that you would be better off just getting the xD in its stock form with just a few of the dealer goodies (Radio, etc). I would save the rest of the money looking into better performance products other then the TRD if your going to do a lot of mods. TRD parts are more for someone who is looking to keep their warranty as long as they can but still have a sporty ride and not to worried about having the best of the best. I think the installation fees will also vary if your car is actually ordered straight from the plant or if the one you want is available at the dealer, because some parts will actually be installed before shipping in that case.
That pretty much describes me. I want the warranty, but I'm going to focus my major mods on exterior paint, design, wheels, brakes, and of course ICE.

As for the Port Installed Options or POST Port (PPO) they are listed on the Dealer website as such (usually).

Also, if the Scion.com price is the same and the installed price on the Dealer Price list (REMEMBER SCION IS PURE PRICE) then there is no installation cost, and therefore is USUALLY a Port Option. If the dealer installs it, they're going to charge you.