Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Got my first Scion xD

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 05:17 AM

Default Got my first Scion xD

well since this is my first car, can anyone give me guidance on what should be the first mods i make to my car? its a year 2010 thanks!
Old 03-22-2014, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm going to nip it in the butt early, this car will never be fast. unless you dump money into an engine swap or turbo, it will not be that fast. BUT, with proper suspension upgrades it will be your adult size go cart. most everyone does suspension and new shoes. plenty of options for springs if you're on a budget, but if you got the dough coilovers are nice. i've heard the rear sway bar is probably one of the best upgrades for handling, cost about 150 from trdsparks site, and after the tower strut is a good complement. for cosmetics, most trip pieces just pull right off, door stills, center console. interior lighting is cheap and easy depending on how much labor you want to do. most everyone adds a subwoofer too because the door speakers put out almost zero bass.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:21 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.trdsparks.com/displaypart...&parts_id=1374

link for the sway bar
Old 03-22-2014, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Barfalamu
thanks man for the tips, im not really looking for it to be fast, maybe make some adjusments to the engine to make it a little more peppy? the sway bar WILL be added. and since its a steel? grey, i think ill go with black rims and things of that nature. one quick question though, do you know where i can find or purchase a black lip cover for the front bumper? to give it that street look.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

either a short ram or a cold air intake as well as exhaust will help some with pep, and some stick tires. if you're talking about the blacked out center piece of the front bumper, most will tape of the area and plastidip it or take it to a body shop to paint it. for the dip option just lay down multiple layers of tape, and pull off a layer while the dip is wet, otherwise it'll try and take the whole thing with it.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:18 PM

either a short ram or a cold air intake as well as exhaust will help some with pep, and some stick tires. if you're talking about the blacked out center piece of the front bumper, most will tape of the area and plastidip it or take it to a body shop to paint it. for the dip option just lay down multiple layers of tape, and pull off a layer while the dip is wet, otherwise it'll try and take the whole thing with it.
should there be a specific type of tape i use if i decide to go with that option or what would be the price range for the paint at a workshop generally?
Old 03-25-2014, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

plastidip is about $7 a can, you'll need about 2 to be safe. stay away from store brand, some 3m blue painters will do just fine, about 2-3 rolls to be safe. some newspaper to cover other areas from overspray. so around $20 to do it yourself. professionally, some may charge $60+, not really sure cause i've never paid someone to paint my cars, always did it myself
Old 03-25-2014, 02:38 AM

plastidip is about $7 a can, you'll need about 2 to be safe. stay away from store brand, some 3m blue painters will do just fine, about 2-3 rolls to be safe. some newspaper to cover other areas from overspray. so around $20 to do it yourself. professionally, some may charge $60+, not really sure cause i've never paid someone to paint my cars, always did it myself
thanks alot man, the bumper will be the first part i do when i get paid. i think imma just work my way as prices get higher, like ill do my head and tail lights next. after that ill buy wing for cosmetic purposes of course, rims, and lastly making slight changes (increases) into the engine. cant forget the sound system either lol