Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Great Car

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 AM

Default Great Car

As I've already gone on e tyrade about the problems I have had with the dealer in my area I think it is important for me to say that my problems are not with the XD. So this is my praise for the vehicle. In no particular order:

1. It fits anywhere, it's weird it looks much larger than it is, but also feels much larger than it is. I can park anywhere, I can squeeze through traffic much easier.
2. 35 miles per a gallon on the highway. I have yet to drive enough in town to determine what the gas milage is going to be.
3. Plenty of space, I went on a canoe trip this weekend and fit so much crap into the back, with the seats folded down of course.
4. Plenty of power, at least for me. I have had no problems accellerating or passing both in town and on the highway.
5. Ipod connector, its great just to be able to bring all your music with you, its also great to have the audio controls on the steering wheel.
6. Distinct look, I like that there are not a lot of these vehicles on the road, it also can't be confused with anything else.
7. Interior setup. I wasn't sure how I felt about this at first but I like it, although the shiny plastic on the doors and around the controls takes some getting used to.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now, but basically its the total package. No buyers remorse at this point.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:15 AM

Hey,
Do you have maybe the problem with the Ipod where when pluged in it is not possible to switch the albums/whole seperate files from the controls on the steering wheel? Abviously it works fine when the AUX is in use but not through the Ipod jack.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as I know you can't do that through the iPod jack, most likely a safety feature for that. Why not change it on the headunit instead? Thats what I do. Or I make a playlist with my current fave songs and just listen to that.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:03 AM

That "safety" feature is senseless in my opinion. Why would it couse any risk to one if he or she could control the folders through the modes on the steering wheel? I don't make any playlists bc I get bored if I play the same music over and over again.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:00 AM

Yeah I haven't had the car long enough to learn all there is to know about the controls. Honestly I feel it would be more safe to be able to use the steering wheel to scroll though the menu.