Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Isn't the xD a larger xB? xa is going away!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It really is a shame how toyota leaves us in the dark about upcoming cars. I own a 92 civic with 185k...I REALLY dont want to put any more money into as the dealer already told me that they'll probably only give me 500 bucks for it. But if things come to worst, i'll be in struggle between the xA and Fit. I test drove the Fit and it really made an impression on me. The interior and the way it drove was super nice for its price range. I was thinking of maybe buying a new car and possibly trading it in if I really dig the xD. I suppose i'm willing to lose a couple grand....i think...eventhough it's not the smartest thing to do...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:36 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

it's not really leaving anyone in the dark.. it's just they both want to surprise people and not to give out much information until things are really set in stone.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chops
The xD will actually be a re-designed vending machine.

It will run off quarters/dollars and the mileage will be based off the ammount of snacks or sodas you have stocked inside.

And you'd throw a CEL when a bag of chips gets stuck and doesn't make it to the engine.

And the biggest myth will be if stocking energy drinks will add HP...

Oh and JOLT will be the new NOS
Old 10-06-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by FNslow
It really is a shame how toyota leaves us in the dark about upcoming cars. I own a 92 civic with 185k...I REALLY dont want to put any more money into as the dealer already told me that they'll probably only give me 500 bucks for it. But if things come to worst, i'll be in struggle between the xA and Fit. I test drove the Fit and it really made an impression on me. The interior and the way it drove was super nice for its price range. I was thinking of maybe buying a new car and possibly trading it in if I really dig the xD. I suppose i'm willing to lose a couple grand....i think...eventhough it's not the smartest thing to do...
I know I'll prolly get flamed but, getting a Fit would not be a bad thing. If you really need a car NOW I say go for it. Trust your gut.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:13 PM
5 Year Member

The site I found these pictures on says these are Chinese knockoffs, what do you think? It's tought to see the emblem in the pictures. Could these be the next two scions?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3...400/001.10.jpg
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3.../400/002.9.jpg
Old 10-26-2006, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Links don't work...
Old 10-26-2006, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member

I don't get it they work on my computer...the website is www.thehollywoodextra.blogspot.com
Old 10-26-2006, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member

Let's see if this works:

Old 10-26-2006, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think that will be he new xA because it is rumored that it will have tC style headlights. That looks like a mix of xA and Yaris...not feelin it.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

i hope they dont bring those over, they dont flow and are hideous
Old 10-27-2006, 06:15 AM
5 Year Member

I've seen and sat in both the xD and new 08 xB. They are both sitting in an unmarked wearhouse at Toyota's Corporate Headquarters. I can't reveal who I was with but a TMS Executive allowed me to come along. However, no cameras were allowed.

I'll tell you all right now, these cars are kick ___. This new xB is 11.2 inches longer than current 06 model. Plus, its slightly shorter in height as well. This thing looks more like a low rider. In my opinion, the xD has a similar look to the Matrix but its bascially just a bulkier and longer xA with the 1.8L.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:02 AM

10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

scionzone..... gotta look and do a little more research... don't believe anything that hollywood blogspot site says... it's worse than tabloids.

scion_cracker pretty hit the spot there... the new xB is a larger xB.. and the xD (xA replacement) is matrix looking.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member

I don't buy in to the idea that scion is just making two larger versions of the xA and xB. There has to be more evolution in the product to follow the philosophy of keeping the brand fresh. Most people buy these cars because of their smaller size. Going bigger might be a mistake. Why make a matrix looking xA when you have the matrix? I posted these pics to fuel discussion and speculation based on overseas market vehicles, not because I think these are future U.S. vehicles.
Old 10-27-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cause they can still sell it at a cheaper cost and maybe finally add in the sunroof as an option on many of these vehicles. don't forget the new xb is getting the 2.4 from the tc. so alot of parts are available from in house. same with the 1.8 out of the corolla alot of parts are already available. they're proven engines that also gives them an option of upping to the 1.8 2zz-ge in the new xd as an optional engine. the 1nz-fe was an economical engine but not the best for a tuner market honestly. not much is available. if you look the at the 2az-fe from the tc or the 1zz-fe from the corolla there are more parts already out.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm...So far from the information that 've gathered on my own, combined with the information I have read here I can surmise this:
The xA WILL be replaced with the xD, based on the Corolla Platform, which I figured would be the next step. What I've been told is that one of the Scions WILL follow the original concept of Scion and be replaced after every 3 year run, to keep things refreshed. Obviously we all now know that is the xA. Now being replaced witht he xD. I wonder if they used the FT-SX design as a basis of the xD deign. I can see that look with tC head lights and grill, as earlier stated in this thread. Now I doubt that Toyota will use the Yaris TS Dual VVT-I engine, as that would mostlikely throw off the concept of the low price point of Scion. They will mostlikely use the new Dual VVT-i 1.8 in the New Corollas, and use the Current 1.8 VVT-i from the Corollas, seeing as there is an already existing TRD Supercharger for that engine.
The xB will be kept and follow a 3 year run "Evolution," the next, being the 08 model, on the Avensis (tC) Platform. Thus it will be more "t2Bish" Obviously having the larger platform will give it more room. I wonder if they will give this and/or the new xD the Matrix's AWD as a standard feature, seeing as how they're doing away with the AWD Matrix for 2007. That would really be something.
As for the tC, the tC will follow a Toyota 5yr run, and will also keep with the tC. The word in my region is that the tC will become more FUSE like in 2010, when the tC's next Evolutionary step is due to take place.
All this information already leads to the bigger, better, more powerful Scions I've heard, thus far. Other news is supposed to be guaranteed, such as more safety. I assume standard Side Air for 2008. I wonder, and am predicting 4 wheel disc brakes, Vehicle Stability Control and TRAC standard, as well...but I am only wishing. Oh, the xD and xB should be getting Cruise standard, as well.
Now, for those who have said they have sat or seen these vehicles, first off, lucky you if you did. secondly, if you can recall what you looked at, can there be any confirmation to what I have surmised?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i heard from my Scion dealer that they are going to be releasing a small SUV (Kinda like a version of the smaller Rav-4's). I dunno if this will be the xD, but i figured i would mention what i heard.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I sure hope Scion doesn't jump on the SUV bandwagon. That would be a BAD thing.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I doubt they'd be that stupid....
Old 11-10-2006, 04:16 PM
5 Year Member

Default In regards to the xD...

...I wonder will it be one of these two choices:

1) Based on the Toyota Ractis "tall wagon," but using the 130 bhp 1.8-liter I-4 from the Toyota Yaris sporting version that just started selling in Europe.

2) Based on the new JDM Toyota Corolla Fielder wagon, but with its own distinct body style and a new 140 bhp engine.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

doubtful we'll get the 1.8 dual vvt-i egine that will most likely be in the new corolla the xd will most likely have the 1.8 single intake vvt-i.

Quick Reply: Isn't the xD a larger xB? xa is going away!