Notices
Scion xD Owner's Lounge
2008-2010 [ZSP110]

Locking doors

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 PM

Default Locking doors

Has anyone had a problem with the beep and lights not working when locking their car? Mine seems to do this intermittently. Unlocking the car always flashes and beeps.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if a door is open, and you try to lock, it'll steady "beep"

if you leave the keys in the ignition, it won't beep to lock.

that's what i know.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default lights don't go on when locking

Mine does this all the time. If you listen closely you can hear a delay in locking. Some times the door hangs up and won't open too.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:56 AM
SL Member

Default Re: Locking doors

Originally Posted by sturack1
Has anyone had a problem with the beep and lights not working when locking their car? Mine seems to do this intermittently. Unlocking the car always flashes and beeps.
yes, mine does this intermittently, but also does some strange things like when I hit unlock on the remote, it only partially unlocks the driver door so I cannot open the door, also, it randomly locks the doors by themself when I leave the keys in the ignition while the car is running and I close the door. I think my module that controls the locks is $CREWED up
Old 04-18-2009, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No... if you leave the keys in the ignition while the car is running and close the door, they WILL lock on purpose. Why would you leave your car running and close the door? I always roll down my window just enough to grab a hold of my door handle should my door accidentally close on me.

Pushing once on the unlock only unlocks the driver door. Push it one more time right after the first push to unlock all doors.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chels, I don't think the door is supposed to lock if you leave the key in... with the car running or not. I'd have to try it out, but the only thing I can think of is the auto re-lock feature. If you were to unlock the doors with the remote WHILE it is in the ignition, then get out and close the door, it might lock asfter 30 seconds.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

After a while it will lock. The tCs do this.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They may do it... but I doubt they are 'supposed to'. It would be pretty dangerous if someone left a baby in a running car just to step out and get the mail or put groceries in and the doors automatically locked. It certainly doesn't say anything about it in the manual.

I have started my xD, then realized I left something in the house. It is a good 100 steps or so from where I park in my driveway to my door. Add in time to find my cell-phone or work keys, then walk back. It has never locked on my.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:37 PM
SL Member

Default Re: Locking doors

Originally Posted by vfrjim
Originally Posted by sturack1
yes, mine does this intermittently, but also does some strange things like when I hit unlock on the remote, it only partially unlocks the driver door so I cannot open the door, also, it randomly locks the doors by themself when I leave the keys in the ignition while the car is running and I close the door. I think my module that controls the locks is $CREWED up
mine does the same thing all the time just roll down my window and problem solved...
Old 04-19-2009, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mcbrew
They may do it... but I doubt they are 'supposed to'. It would be pretty dangerous if someone left a baby in a running car just to step out and get the mail or put groceries in and the doors automatically locked. It certainly doesn't say anything about it in the manual.

I have started my xD, then realized I left something in the house. It is a good 100 steps or so from where I park in my driveway to my door. Add in time to find my cell-phone or work keys, then walk back. It has never locked on my.
living where the temps are 20-30 at night still... in western PA. i start my car in the morning to let it heat up. it runs for 10 minutes with doors shut, key in ignition, it running, and not once has it locked. sounds like a defect...

oh and yes, i know in PA it's a law that you cannot leave your car unattended while running. stupid law. it's in my freaking driveway. why can't i do that if i so choose?
Old 04-19-2009, 11:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^^^^^
Agreed.
I vote defect in the module if the door auto locks when the engine is running and the door is closed.